Fee Assistance Program?? To do or not to do.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Tweetie_bird

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,
The FAP instructions say that AAMC does not distinguish b/w dependants and non-dependants. So, if you're living at home and yet independant (take care of your own bills etc) does that disqualify you from the FAP? Anybody with experience on this thing? The booklet is kinda long so I don't want to apply UNLESS I know I qualify.

Thanks much.

Tweets

Members don't see this ad.

Hey Tweetie,

Okay, I might get flamed for this... I decided not to do FAP, although I almost assuredly would have qualified. Instead, I bit the financial bullet and payed my way through the process. I guess the reasons for this are 2 fold

1: I don't want to be judged as a "disadvantaged" student, and get in that way. I wanted to get in like everybody else

2: Have you seen those disadvantaged secondary questions? Some of them are very very very long and tedious. And basically a lot of them ask you to tell them the sob story that is your poor life. Not fun.

If there is absolutely no way you can come up with the money, I guess you should do it. By the way, not doing the FAP ended up costing me about... 2000bucks, which is a lot I know. Think about it, I guess.

Good luck. :)

oops, sorry. I just re-read your question and my answer doesn't pertain to your question. :) . Ah well, I'll leave it anyways since it's something to think about.