Apr 22, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
HI guys,

Was just wondering if I should wait for my fee waiver acceptance (hopefully, applied four days ago), or power through the application process ASAP and spend the money. I would rather spend the money, since I am strapped at the moment, but I do not want to hurt my chances at osteopathic admission.

For reference, I believe I am a good applicant for DO schools (3.6 GPA, 516 MCAT, DO shadowing, DO letter, current medical assistant/scribe for DO orthopedic surgeon which involved shadowing his procedures/surgeries, have visited osteopathic schools last winter).

Does anyone have any insight or comments? I am not sure if the fee waiver will be available in the next couple weeks or at all..

Hope143

2+ Year Member
Sep 24, 2018
HI guys,

Was just wondering if I should wait for my fee waiver acceptance (hopefully, applied four days ago), or power through the application process ASAP and spend the money. I would rather spend the money, since I am strapped at the moment, but I do not want to hurt my chances at osteopathic admission.

For reference, I believe I am a good applicant for DO schools (3.6 GPA, 516 MCAT, DO shadowing, DO letter, current medical assistant/scribe for DO orthopedic surgeon which involved shadowing his procedures/surgeries, have visited osteopathic schools last winter).

Does anyone have any insight or comments? I am not sure if the fee waiver will be available in the next couple weeks or at all..
I think it takes 10 days for the fee waiver to process. I think on the DO website there is an income chart that tells you if you will be able to get the fee waiver or not based on your income. Just use that, if your income is low enough then great you can wait, if not there is no use for you to wait!

About the Ads

Calizboosted76

SDN Bronze Donor
2+ Year Member
Dec 7, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student
Only reason I am saying to apply is because I heard that the fee assistance is backed up. I’m not sure if theres any validity, but you should contact them and ask them.

Feb 10, 2020
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
It took me exactly 2 weeks to be approved for the fee waiver FYI. Also, I heard it's not too late to apply until after Thanksgiving so you should be fine if you would like to wait.

8YearsLate

Sub Canus lupus familiaris
2+ Year Member
Aug 28, 2017
Earth
Status (Visible)
  1. Pre-Medical
My vote is wait. You're already applying a little late. Might as well save the painful amount of money and apply a tiny bit later. The two weeks won't make as much of a difference as the hundreds (or thousands) will make. Take it from someone who was essentially in your shoes, wasted a LOT of money, and got approved for FAP (and could no longer apply for AACOM waiver because after you submit a primary with them, you're shut out).

About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.