Feedback on secondary essay ideas?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wigglyextrovert

Reaction score
I'm trying to start brainstorming what to write about on my secondaries and I'm struggling so I would really appreciate feedback!

Diversity- I come from a decently big family (20 first cousins, 9 aunts/uncles, 2 of my cousins lived with my family at one point, etc), was raised by Iraqi/Iranian immigrant parents, and I'm part of a very small religion. I would say the religion makes me most unique (<200,000 members in America) so I wonder if I focus more on the values rather than the more spiritual aspect if it would be okay. I think I could also tie together all of these aspects because they have similar themes regarding the importance of community, generosity, and tolerance.

Challenge- I'm pretty bummed because my only real challenge I would say I've faced was overcoming an eating disorder a few years ago, but everyone advises against mental health talk so now I don't know what to do. I had this really bad fight with two friends but it's a bit complicated- they hated each other (I still don't even know why) but they both struggled with self-harm and suicidal thoughts because they felt that the other girl was bullying them. They implicitly placed the blame of their mental health issues on me because I was friends with the other person, and I felt like a horrible person and friend for so long because of that. I tried to resolve the issues between them but they weren't willing to talk, and after spending so much time trying to make them feel better, I finally realized I needed to focus on myself because it was taking a toll on me as well. Not really a happy ending though, I ended up putting some distance between myself and both friends.

Members don't see this ad.

I'm also wondering if I could potentially write about my eating disorder by making it more mild, talking about body insecurities and trying to diet and exercise more in order to get rid of them, then focusing on what I learned from the experience.

Members don't see this ad :)
That's a helpful resource thanks! Do you also have any thoughts about the topics I mentioned in my post?
Yeah... what is the character limit first? Understand that different schools will have different requirements and spins on the prompts. I don't have issues at face value with what you suggest, but hopefully the article helps you with the difference.