feeling burnt-out

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

juniper456

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
suffering major burnout. how am i going to make it through the next 5 weeks? i can't sit still and study anymore. i've tried taking breaks, going out with friends, etc., but i can't seem to snap out of it.

any words of encouragement? please?

Members don't see this ad.

Yeah, I'm going through the same thing, and finding that even when I get the study time in, it's not as productive. So I don't exactly have an answer for you, but I do think that keeping your life as normal as possible is important, such as getting around the same amount of sleep (and enough of it!) most nights, not drastically changing what you eat (I have a tendency to start eating terribly when I get stressed), exercising, taking showers regularly, keeping your space as organised as possible. I know all of these things seem so trivial, but I really do think that it makes a big difference. Another thing is even if you're burnt out, doing something is better than not picking it up, so even if you don't give 100% all of the time (who can?) it's better to fight through the boredom/tiredness/terror/whatever and work some problems or something. I'm hoping that doing a little every day really does pay off in the end. Also- plan a big-a** vacation for after this is all over to celebrate- I know I am. I will be on the beach somewhere drinking with my ipod and an enjoyable book. So when I get really crazy about it all I just picture crystal blue waves and sunshine :D Good luck.

i know what you mean. i've slacked off on studying verbal in order to spend time on the physical sciences. now that i'm going back to study the VS, i find that i don't have it in me. i hate slogging through the answer sections when i know that I'll never seen the passage again.

i don't have the patience!!! plus, it's not like you can switch gears with this section, like flipping through flashcards.

any advice on studying for verbal? it's such a beautiful day in chicago today, and i'm indoors. :(