Feeling cheated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kk2017

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
New RIte Aid offer, new grad,
$3300 before taxes, based on a 77 hour work period every 2 weeks
Feeling cheated... don't know what to do
Work will be in Rhode Island.
Advise??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
They are offering you like $43/ hour? Shew.
Thought probably is was due to me not having any prior experience... but I have friends that are getting way more than this and have the same background

More than you ever made!

Reactions: 1 users
Advise??

Are you sure that's a grad intern rate? That can't be right for retail pharmacist. $50 is the lowest possible for the amount of stress of this job.

Agree. Only take it if its the only offer you got. So much for "sticky wages"

I'd call the recruiter / pdm and ask hourly rate or yrly salary to clarify, sometimes they do make a mistake. Anything less than $55/hr for a staff that area is not acceptable, look elsewhere.

Fake news

Reactions: 5 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Agree. Only take it if its the only offer you got. So much for "sticky wages"
I thought the "sticky wages" was a meme being used in an ironic fashion. Don't tell me people actually believe that wages are not headed for 40-45 USD an hour in retail.

I would take it just to have a job, but you better immediately start looking for a replacement gig.

Reactions: 1 user
Absolutely do not take the job. You are going to have yourself to blame in the future when every job you apply to is offering similar wages.

Absolutely do not take the job. You are going to have yourself to blame in the future when every job you apply to is offering similar wages.
I don't think future possible employers can see how much money you made in your past job. So easy to tell an alternative to the truth:

"How much money did you make at your past job"

In your head I made 80K plus 30k of emotional benefits so 110k total
"110k"

I made more money not being a pharmacist.

Advise??

no srue if serious
last i heard maine pays way better

Advise??

damn that sux...can you screenshot the letter without personal identifiers?

Reactions: 2 users
lol... assuming he presented correct figures, are you advising unemployment over super low wages?

Find another job, just not that one.

I don't think future possible employers can see how much money you made in your past job. So easy to tell an alternative to the truth:

"How much money did you make at your past job"

In your head I made 80K plus 30k of emotional benefits so 110k total
"110k"

Many employers will ask you to write down your previous salary.

I had a job ask to see my W2 when we were going through the pre-employment process to verify my previous salary. I think that's ridiculous, but I went along with it because I really wanted the job. They rescinded the offer afterwards. I wasn't even making that much to begin with, so I don't know what the deal was.

so you write down 120,000 USD. emotional environment can be attributed value in my head. I could easily make 40,000 USD a year more value if i have good coworkers.

I had a job ask to see my W2 when we were going through the pre-employment process to verify my previous salary. I think that's ridiculous, but I went along with it because I really wanted the job. They rescinded the offer afterwards. I wasn't even making that much to begin with, so I don't know what the deal was.
I feel like this may be in violation of federal privacy laws?

do they offer a discount on rite aid stock? if so do it. rite aid share price is already at a discount, but with that you would get... SUPER discount ;]

I too would like to see a screenshot of this offer.

Interesting how a new account is created right after people were discussing wages falling. I guess I am to assume this is another one of those long time readers, first time posters.

Reactions: 3 users
I mean, we don't know what Rite-Aid stores are going to WAG, do we? You could be taking that low salary and then have your wage frozen there forever...

I wonder if the original poster got hired in as a clinical pharmacist for rite aids to deal with the MTM and immunization programs. Last I checked a kroger rph was only making 28/hr doing this so 43/hr would be great.

You have multiple people in here suggesting he take the job, sounds like Rite-Aid's analysis of the market may be correct. If I was CVS/Walgreens/Walmart I would definitely put some lowball offers out there just to gauge where the market is.

Since when have their been any federal privacy laws?

As for the OP, that does sound like a "grad intern" rate, I would ask them to clarify what your salary will be once you are licensed. If you are licensed already....that really bodes poorly. I'd definitely keep looking. Unless you live in Chicago (which is definitely saturated) or Georgia (which according to PAToPharm is saturated.)

As for the OP, that does sound like a "grad intern" rate, I would ask them to clarify what your salary will be once you are licensed. If you are licensed already....that really bodes poorly. I'd definitely keep looking. Unless you live in Chicago (which is definitely saturated) or Georgia (which according to PAToPharm is saturated.)

Well I mean discrimination laws. Like if an employeor asks if a woman is preggo or planning on being preggo in the future that is in violation of federal law. Asking about how much money one makes, when in certain situation where income acts as a surrogate marker for a protected class such as being female, race or age i feel like it could be considered a violation of federal anti-discrimination laws. But maybe not idk

I'm convinced that GrapePropel is our new PA2Pharm type poster.

Reactions: 6 users
That was my starting wage in 04 - take a pic of the letter and post to prove you are not a troll

That was my starting wage in 04 - take a pic of the letter and post to prove you are not a troll
To be fair 2004 was a really good year. That was when NASA's "messenger" spacecraft was launched. And we all know how that turned out. <spoiler> We saw Venus twice </spoiler>

Nope, there's no privacy law breach here. You don't have to answer unless it's a government org (which they can compel you to release not your income, but your tax returns, which amount to more than just that). We routinely see the tax returns straight from the IRS Automation Center in Austin when we make hiring decisions as well as the National Credit Check (NACLC) for how much debt a candidate has. There is some authority that can be used for an employer to check the SSN against a database (thanks to Bush and Obama) for recent employment activity, but I haven't heard of it being used outside employee verification and identity management. If you lie on the application for a federal (or a sensitive state one) job, well, you get what you deserve.

And $43 was above my starting wage out of 2004 ($41/hour Walgreens where it was just $39/hour when I was graduating). Problem is that inflation adjusted, that's about $31-32 in the present day, however, that was the prevailing hospital wage in AZ back then. Both were considered rather high back then.

Hilariously enough, I just pulled out my offer letter from my file cabinet with the old letterhead of Walgreens and all. I remember having to figure in the bonus with it, which was really funny ($60k for three calendar years, irrespective of whether or not I worked FT). That and the silver and gold nametag make me feel a bit nostalgic.

No, GA is not saturated according to PAtoPharm -- GA is saturated according to the objective job market studies, the information relayed to me by DOPs and DMs, and even based on what practicing pharmacists who post here (like rxdawg21) have to say about their experience in the job market.

Notice the OP hasn't responded since.

I simply can't believe this until I see an example.

Well PatoPharm knows everything about saturation since he apparently hasn't started school yet or even been accepted anywhere so instead all he does is talk to all the DMs he has personal connections with.

While I'm here in the Midwest getting nonstop emails about shifts that need filled because we are short on pharmacists. It's literally everyday.

Well PatoPharm knows everything about saturation since he apparently hasn't started school yet or even been accepted anywhere so instead all he does is talk to all the DMs he has personal connections with.

While I'm here in the Midwest getting nonstop emails about shifts that need filled because we are short on pharmacists. It's literally everyday.

Think about what you just posted -- there are plenty of open shifts that need to be filled in the BFE Midwest? Ok, and there are also plenty of jobs in GA if you're willing to go to southwest/southeast GA, where you'll be stuck in a BFE town that is isolated 3-5 hrs away from the nearest large city (and yes, I already know that the amenities associated with living in larger cities such as restaurants, entertainment, gyms, and other attractions don't matter to you). I am not saying that there are no jobs in ANY of these states; I'm just reciting what the DMs told me directly, which is that there are no jobs left unless you're willing to live in an extremely rural area of GA and/or have an extensive tenure with the company.

Think about what you just posted -- there are plenty of open shifts that need to be filled in the BFE Midwest? Ok, and there are also plenty of jobs in GA if you're willing to go to southwest/southeast GA, where you'll be stuck in a BFE town that is isolated 3-5 hrs away from the nearest large city (and yes, I already know that the amenities associated with living in larger cities such as restaurants, entertainment, gyms, and other attractions don't matter to you). I am not saying that there are no jobs in ANY of these states; I'm just reciting what the DMs told me directly, which is that there are no jobs left unless you're willing to live in an extremely rural area of GA and/or have an extensive tenure with the company.

I stopped reading after you connected BFE with the Midwest yet again.

I live in the busiest area of my state so it's not BFE. I'm not getting into this argument again so I'll just say once again there's nothing missing here.

In my side clinical operation I pay those pharmacists $75k to do clinical work in the community setting. They may not like it but there's a school 2 hours away to the east that is about to produce a ton of graduates with even more debt. Take it or leave it.

I would never even consider this offer, it's basically theft

I stopped reading after you connected BFE with the Midwest yet again.

I live in the busiest area of my state so it's not BFE. I'm not getting into this argument again so I'll just say once again there's nothing missing here.

Yeah, I don't get that. The midwest holds our third largest city, as well as some of the most cultured, clean, and safe midsized cities in the country. When I think BFE, I think the rural south. Deep south states with dangerous, dirty, deteriorating cities. That or Montana.

You don't have to answer unless it's a government org (which they can compel you to release not your income, but your tax returns, which amount to more than just that). We routinely see the tax returns straight from the IRS Automation Center in Austin when we make hiring decisions as well as the National Credit Check (NACLC) for how much debt a candidate has. There is some authority that can be used for an employer to check the SSN against a database (thanks to Bush and Obama) for recent employment activity, but I haven't heard of it being used outside employee verification and identity management. If you lie on the application for a federal (or a sensitive state one) job, well, you get what you deserve.

not to go off topic - but in order to get a government job you have to release your tax returns? hmmm.. Last time I checked the president was a government job

not to go off topic - but in order to get a government job you have to release your tax returns? hmmm.. Last time I checked the president was a government job

Well looks like we found the guy that has to drag politics into everything.