Feeling intimidated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

iiddnn

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
i am almost done with my premedical class requirements and I am shadowing a neurologist right now. I'm feeling intimidated by all the things i have to do (volunteer, getting A's, research, recommendation letters, MCAT,) all for a chance to get into medical school. It seems like such a long and difficult road ahead. Any advise to keep myself going?

Members don't see this ad.

Extend the motivation to pursue medicine beyond yourself. In my experience, knowing that I'm pursuing the opportunity to serve others motivates me to pursue medicine.

Reactions: 4 users
Is there anything else you would be satisfied doing with your life?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
i am almost done with my premedical class requirements and I am shadowing a neurologist right now. I'm feeling intimidated by all the things i have to do (volunteer, getting A's, research, recommendation letters, MCAT,) all for a chance to get into medical school. It seems like such a long and difficult road ahead. Any advise to keep myself going?
It's all about the patients. Volunteer with them. It doesn't have to be in a hospital.

Exactly how I feel right now, but if you truly want to make a difference, you will take it one day at a time. Set goals every day and accomplish those goals.

Whatever you are doing right now is pretty easy to what physicians do on a daily basis. It seems like a lot but it is a necessary requirement to weed out the weak and undedicated. Sounds harsh but do you want a lazy, unmotivated, flake operating on you or the most attentive, hard working surgeon you've ever met?

Keep fighting the good fight. It's worth it in the end... I think.

You should be able to enjoy the journey with the positives and negatives it throws at you, building your character.