feeling like an absolute loser

thatkidwithahat

Reaction score
so my younger sibling graduates this year, my bf sister as graduated and practices as a dr younger than me by more than 2 years!!

while i have another 2 yrs of study left, no job and not even in med and iam well and truly old we are talking above 25. while these kids are younger!

so the question is how do i not feel what iam feeling?
is this what they call jealousy ?

the reason it took longer than my sibling despite starting at the same time is well because i had to repeat a few subjects.

Members don't see this ad.

"Comparison is the thief of joy." - Teddy Roosevelt

As long as you're slowly and steadily making progress to realize your goals, nothing else matters. Don't compare yourself to others. There's 22-year-olds who are debt free and have earned their first million. There's people in early 20s already finished with PhD or MD/DO/whatever.

What you're feeling is normal. I've been there. I don't think it's the right or healthy way to think (even if social monitoring is human), so it's best to reframe your reality. Just keep on keeping on.

Reactions: 1 user
so my younger sibling graduates this year, my bf sister as graduated and practices as a dr younger than me by more than 2 years!!

while i have another 2 yrs of study left, no job and not even in med and iam well and truly old we are talking above 25. while these kids are younger!

so the question is how do i not feel what iam feeling?
is this what they call jealousy ?

the reason it took longer than my sibling despite starting at the same time is well because i had to repeat a few subjects.
I don’t believe that your 23 yr old sister is a practing doctor

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I don’t believe that your 23 yr old sister is a practing doctor
  • She said her age > 25. We don't know that she is exactly 25.
  • She was referring to her boyfriend's sister who practices. She said [her age] - [boyfriend's sister's age] > 2 years, not exactly 2 years.

So OP could be 30 (which is >25) and OP's boyfriend's sister could be 27 (difference in age >2), for example.

• She said her age > 25. We don't know that she is exactly 25.
  • She was referring to her boyfriend's sister who practices. She said [her age] - [boyfriend's sister's age] > 2 years, not exactly 2 years.
So OP could be 30 (which is >25) and OP's boyfriend's sister could be 27 (difference in age >2), for example.
What a weird way to communicate

You’ll be fine op

This is a natural feeling but: I think it is in general healthy for all of us to uncouple our sense of self worth from what we are "accomplishing" or producing for society, because that is something that will change over time and multiple factors such as illness can affect your ability to work/ study/ etc. And also AI are gonna take all of our jobs pretty soon.

Be happy, you did well than most of the people living in this world(including me), :)

I am the eldest one in the family and my siblings tend to graduate college first however, I still made it! You'll be fine :)

Reactions: 2 users