Aspiring Doctor Dating an Aspiring Actor?

22mg22

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I am really looking for some insight, opinions, and advice on my situation. I am in a serious long distant relationship. I am an aspiring doctor and he is an aspiring actor. Distance is definitely something we can cope with and somewhat find convenient. However, we do visit each other frequently.

I would just like to know how others see the clash between the two careers’ lifestyles and if it’s something that even sounds possible!

I couldn’t find many experiences on the web so I decided to ask in this forum.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I am really looking for some insight, opinions, and advice on my situation. I am in a serious long distant relationship. I am an aspiring doctor and he is an aspiring actor. Distance is definitely something we can cope with and somewhat find convenient. However, we do visit each other frequently.

I would just like to know how others see the clash between the two careers’ lifestyles and if it’s something that even sounds possible!

I couldn’t find many experiences on the web so I decided to ask in this forum.

Thanks!
If distance is something you guys can handle well then I don't see the career lifestyle differences being terrible unless he gets a role that requires him to be someplace you don't want to be and you are both busy and don't get to visit anymore. The big issue I would see would be the income differential unless he becomes very successful. How you guys handle that and how he handles society's view on it can make or break the relationship. Talking about finances and that sort of thing might help. The other issue apart from finances could be the differences in success. I think a lot of actors never realize their dreams, maybe more so than aspiring doctors that don't realize theirs. If you become a doctor and he is still trying to get auditions and roles will it become a problem. Doesn't have to be one, but it is just something to think about.

If distance is something you guys can handle well then I don't see the career lifestyle differences being terrible unless he gets a role that requires him to be someplace you don't want to be and you are both busy and don't get to visit anymore. The big issue I would see would be the income differential unless he becomes very successful. How you guys handle that and how he handles society's view on it can make or break the relationship. Talking about finances and that sort of thing might help. The other issue apart from finances could be the differences in success. I think a lot of actors never realize their dreams, maybe more so than aspiring doctors that don't realize theirs. If you become a doctor and he is still trying to get auditions and roles will it become a problem. Doesn't have to be one, but it is just something to think about.

Thank you so much for your response, I will give it thought. :)