Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Greetings fellow forum members and contributors,
I am currently a 4th year PharmD/MBA student and have been having increased interest in working in the biotech industry. I have attended several career fairs and have gotten very little information regarding a PharmD's role in the biotech industry. So I guess my question has two parts:
1) What kind of work, if any, can a PharmD/MBA do in the biotech industry. So far I have only come across 'Clinical Pharmacologist' and 'Medical Science Liaison' . Are there other career options/paths available that you guys could recommend I take a look at?
2) Would a fellowship or residency be required in order to start my future career path in the biotech industry? I understand that this is mostly dependent on the position, so let's say it is Clinical Pharmacology.
As always, I appreciate all of your thoughts and insight,
A.E.
I am currently a 4th year PharmD/MBA student and have been having increased interest in working in the biotech industry. I have attended several career fairs and have gotten very little information regarding a PharmD's role in the biotech industry. So I guess my question has two parts:
1) What kind of work, if any, can a PharmD/MBA do in the biotech industry. So far I have only come across 'Clinical Pharmacologist' and 'Medical Science Liaison' . Are there other career options/paths available that you guys could recommend I take a look at?
2) Would a fellowship or residency be required in order to start my future career path in the biotech industry? I understand that this is mostly dependent on the position, so let's say it is Clinical Pharmacology.
As always, I appreciate all of your thoughts and insight,
A.E.