Feralis Notes - Anki

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BYU4you

Loma Linda University - OMFS
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm taking the DAT on May 21st and have been studying a couple hours a day (because I've been full time in school) since January. The first month QR, February Gen Chem/Ochem, March PAT/RC, and now for April I am doing Biology and in May I will be out of school and fine tune everything at one time.

It was working well doing this for the other sections since I just took gen chem and am taking ochem now but Biology is so broad I am thinking of the best ways to do this. Ive decided to read through Cliffs and then do Destroyer a couple of times, but I would love to supplement the rest of the two months I have left to study with using Anki every day for biology.

I just came across it yesterday and bought the iOS version and downloaded Feralis notes to Anki off of DAT bootcamp website and so far I love them. Unfortunately, I have no idea how to realllly utilize them. It seems like there are a million cards. Ive searched on the internet and these forums and haven't had much success. So I was wondering if anyone could either post here or message me with instructions.

For instance lets say I want to go through all of the notes by Mid May how many cards should I review a day to go through all of them? All I see is a million cards with huge "due" numbers.

If anyone can make this make sense to me I'd really enjoy it. (And others probably would too)

Members don't see this ad.

you can do custom settings to review more cards per day than the limit (often 20 new cards and like 100 review cards) if you need to review more in less time. I just review 1 or 2 hundred a day (not currently b/c I have 3 exams this week :( ). Definitely helps but sometimes the blank in the sentence is kind of random so I edit a few cards to try to improve them. there are about 2300-2400 cards, so by mid may (40 days?) you should be doing like 60-80 new cards a day (while reviewing old ones).

the app is really nice and you can kill off like 20 when you're waiting on the bus or something. definitely change the settings so that you don't feel so overwhelmed.