Feralis Notes

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

1229ko

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Do these notes go into enough depth for the physiology section?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm biased, but I spent by far the most time adding content to the physiology section. It's definitely far more coverage than there originally was in most of the core resources used (Cliff's, Barron's, etc.).

The most thorough resource I know of for physiology that's relevant to the scope of the DAT would be Campbell's biology textbook - but that would involve a very significant amount of reading.

I didn't pay too much attention to the A&P sections in Feralis Notes because I was fresh off my A&P sequence. However, his notes for physiology in particular are 100x better than Cliffs

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I'm biased, but I spent by far the most time adding content to the physiology section. It's definitely far more coverage than there originally was in most of the core resources used (Cliff's, Barron's, etc.).

The most thorough resource I know of for physiology that's relevant to the scope of the DAT would be Campbell's biology textbook - but that would involve a very significant amount of reading.
Is there a new edition out?

Do these notes go into enough depth for the physiology section?
Feralis's notes are liiiiffffe :bow: lol! I was totally disappointed with phsysiology in Cliff's after going through a couple bootcamp tests and realizing how much I had missed! Not gonna lie if you aren't a reader they are tough to get through but SOOOO worth it. Studying for the DAT in general isn't really a basket of fun! haha! Thank you Feralis! :love:

Reactions: 1 users

Ok good I've been using campbells textbook for physiology.

So would you say if something is not mentioned in a great amount of detail in campbells textbook (ex. The V(D)J recombination mechanism in immunity) then its "safe" to not spend a lot of time learning the tiny details of it? I'm asking this because I have taken a lot of upper level biology classes and some of the stuff is far more complex than the scope of Campbell's book and I want to make sure I'm efficiently studying while also not wasting too much time on super specific details.

Ok good I've been using campbells textbook for physiology.

So would you say if something is not mentioned in a great amount of detail in campbells textbook (ex. The V(D)J recombination mechanism in immunity) then its "safe" to not spend a lot of time learning the tiny details of it? I'm asking this because I have taken a lot of upper level biology classes and some of the stuff is far more complex than the scope of Campbell's book and I want to make sure I'm efficiently studying while also not wasting too much time on super specific details.

Yes, I'd say stuff that doesn't get too much time spent on it in Campbell's is pretty unlikely to end up on the DAT. There are occasionally random facts that can pop up on the real thing but it's really low yield to try to chase those down by memorizing 100% of a source like Campbell's.

Hi, when do you plan to release it?

Not sure yet - I've only just begun adding new material and more of my time is focused on making bio vids for you guys with @tyjacobs

Reactions: 1 user
Feralis's notes are liiiiffffe :bow: lol! I was totally disappointed with phsysiology in Cliff's after going through a couple bootcamp tests and realizing how much I had missed! Not gonna lie if you aren't a reader they are tough to get through but SOOOO worth it. Studying for the DAT in general isn't really a basket of fun! haha! Thank you Feralis! :love:

Sounds overhyped for a bunch of notes stolen off other author's hardwork.

Reactions: 1 user
Not sure if this is news to those of you bashing feralis, but the information held in notes tend to come from other sources. If you've ever noticed the bibliography/citation section of textbooks and medical journals before, you'd realize that even big companies do this as well!

Reactions: 3 users
For those of you wondering where the information in my notes is compiled from, in addition to Cliff's/Barron's AP Biology:

Everything I could get my hands on as a reference: Examkrackers, Kaplan, TPR, and primarily Campbell's biology textbook

If you would like to view the sources more directly, I'd encourage you to go through each of those books individually and take your own notes. Hope that helps!

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users
Sounds overhyped for a bunch of notes stolen off other author's hardwork.
Lol!!! he never claimed to come up with all of that information himself. If you want to go through all of the resources he used to compile those notes you might need another year of studying :hello:

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes, I'd say stuff that doesn't get too much time spent on it in Campbell's is pretty unlikely to end up on the DAT. There are occasionally random facts that can pop up on the real thing but it's really low yield to try to chase those down by memorizing 100% of a source like Campbell's.

Not sure yet - I've only just begun adding new material and more of my time is focused on making bio vids for you guys with @tyjacobs
Does this mean we'll be able to see you finally
Also, do you ever study with Ari?

Are the extra information that you put in the notes critical to memorize as well? Or is focusing on the stuff that is in cliff notes sufficient for the most part? For example, in the animal form and function section, you have additional info on blood clotting process that isn't in the cliff notes.

You (Feralis) said in your break down that you would have gotten a 30 on bio if you just read and memorized the cliff notes the night before, so I wasn't sure.

Are the extra information that you put in the notes critical to memorize as well? Or is focusing on the stuff that is in cliff notes sufficient for the most part? For example, in the animal form and function section, you have additional info on blood clotting process that isn't in the cliff notes.

You (Feralis) said in your break down that you would have gotten a 30 on bio if you just read and memorized the cliff notes the night before, so I wasn't sure.

My test was super basic, but in a way I think developing the deeper understanding from the additional material helped solidify the fundamental stuff in my memory. I would still memorize the additional material with the exception of perhaps the animal diversity section, where you might be able to get away with just memorizing the Excel sheet. The plant section is also more detailed than I think is necessary but I'm hesitant to trim anything out of that section because you never know what could come up.

My test was super basic, but in a way I think developing the deeper understanding from the additional material helped solidify the fundamental stuff in my memory. I would still memorize the additional material with the exception of perhaps the animal diversity section, where you might be able to get away with just memorizing the Excel sheet. The plant section is also more detailed than I think is necessary but I'm hesitant to trim anything out of that section because you never know what could come up.
Cool. Thanks for the clarification. Looking forward to the videos! Any idea when those will start getting released?

Ok guys...

engaging in potentially hurtful gossip (whether true or not) about someone who is quite visible in the dental world is not only unfair, but is a violation of our TOS.

I have removed those posts and issued a warning to the user who first posted the hurtful comments. SDN takes doxxing and such other related behaviors about private individuals seriously.