Ferris State University Anyone?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Notices/Notes

for 2008 Incoming Class

• April 14, 2008: Letters of admittance and priority letters have been mailed. Please give at least one week for them to be received in the mail.
- straight from the College of Pharmacy's website! They're on their way!!!

OMG!!!

Members don't see this ad.

• April 14, 2008: Letters of admittance and priority letters have been mailed. Please give at least one week for them to be received in the mail.

What's last year's priority number? My stats are not great, so hoping to get at least a priority letter would be more realistic.

Just got out of orgo lab and came on here to tell you guys the rumor..lol
and it is true..lol
last years priority number went to 206
and the last two years before that it was 234 and 233

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got out of orgo lab and came on here to tell you guys the rumor..lol
and it is true..lol
last years priority number went to 206
and the last two years before that it was 234 and 233

what is priority letters? is that like waitlist?

Ok, the letter came. Conditional acceptance. So, once I complete an econ class, I'll be all set I guess.

Congratulations BleedsinBlue!!!

Congrats Bleeds...so do you plan on taking that econ class in the summer and heading here for fall?
i am going to check my mailbox now..

ughh..nothing..i dont remmeber what time mail gets sent around here at ferris..i think it was 1-3 the mail comes to my dorm...anyone from ferris get anything?

Congrats, Bleeds! You're in Lansing, right? I'm in Kalamazoo, so I'm guessing I'll be waiting until tomorrow.

Congrats, Bleeds! You're in Lansing, right? I'm in Kalamazoo, so I'm guessing I'll be waiting until tomorrow.

Yeah, Okemos, which is in the Lansing area.

Good luck you guys, I'm rooting for you.

My husband just checked our mailbox. My letter was there. He's bringing it to me at work, and should be here in about five minutes.

Hopefully I'll be posting good news later this afternoon!

Hope to hear some good news from you cleary..
checked the mailbox again..nothing in there..I am going crazy now
got an econ exam and microbio exam 2maro and an organic exam thurs...definately can't study for them right now

Members don't see this ad :)
And I'm in! See you in the fall, Bleeds!

apatel, I hope you get the good news soon!

I got in!!!:)
now just got to send in my 500$, fill out FAFSA to be considered for the scholarship and get C's or higher..

Congrats cleary i will see you in the fall along with bleeds

Thanks!:)
Who wants to join me for a few drinks?..lol;)

I will definitely do drinks with you in the fall! I can't wait you guys, I'm so excited. And congrats. We should start a facebook group or something.

Congrats guys! I got my letter as well, see you all in the fall!

I got my letter too. Now I just need to pass orgo 2 and stats :).

Did you guys's letters come with scholarship application letters? My dad seems to think that only people who are destined to get scholarships got them but I'm guessing everyone did

I got an app, and I know of at least 3 others. Then again I only know that because they asked me if I got one, so I'm not sure if everyone got it.

I got one too and I beleive everyone from the top 150 gets one. Then they send out the scholorship acceptance forms to 35 students. And obvisously if someone declines admissions and in turn the scholorship, it moves on to the next person in line.

I didn't get in at Ferris. #250 Ridiculous. At least I had no problems getting into Midwestern! :D

Oh and good luck to everyone who got in!

Congrats everyone!

I, too, will be seeing you all in the Fall!

:)

Does anyone know of good housing information resources for Big Rapids? I've been in touch with the Chamber of Commerce and will be receiving a relocation package soon. I also found www.chapmanhousing.com. Please share any info you may have!

Does anyone know of good housing information resources for Big Rapids? I've been in touch with the Chamber of Commerce and will be receiving a relocation package soon. I also found www.chapmanhousing.com. Please share any info you may have!

I have no info right now, but if I get some, I will post it!

chapman is very well known for being complete and utter crap. My cousin used to live in one of his houses and she had to put styrofoam in the windows in the winter to keep at least some of the heat in. They're houses made for partying in, not living in. I'm staying on campus. You may want to look into on campus apartments on finch court, it's right near the building

Congrats to all of you guys.. I live out-of-state, so I haven't received anything yet. :) I hope to at least get a priority #. Any out-of-state applicants here.?

chapman is very well known for being complete and utter crap. My cousin used to live in one of his houses and she had to put styrofoam in the windows in the winter to keep at least some of the heat in. They're houses made for partying in, not living in. I'm staying on campus. You may want to look into on campus apartments on finch court, it's right near the building

flillia - Thanks for the tip. Yea, not interested in living in/near party-central.

Congrats to all of you guys.. I live out-of-state, so I haven't received anything yet. :) I hope to at least get a priority #. Any out-of-state applicants here.?

i'm from TX and I got my acceptance letter yesterday. So excited!!!!

I'm hoping to see everyone in the FALL !!!

Should we start a Facebook group? =]

Should we start a Facebook group? =]

Facebook group would be great, although I couldn't access that at work.

I'll start a thread for us in the Pharmacy Class Threads Forum.

Facebook group would be great, although I couldn't access that at work.

I'll start a thread for us in the Pharmacy Class Threads Forum.

*shaking head* trying to check fb at work??? sound like me haha
I've been reading all of everyone's posts but was scared that I wouldn't get in so didn't post anything yet hehe.

nice to meet everyone thou =]

Congrats Baby_Ghost!! Hope to see you in the fall!

Yea, Ferris has University apartments that are really close to the Pharmacy building.

Facebook group sounds great. If no one starts one soon, I will do it I guess.

I didn't get in at Ferris. #250 Ridiculous. At least I had no problems getting into Midwestern! :D

Oh and good luck to everyone who got in!
I didn't get in. #220. Based on the number 206 last year, I have no hope. I can't complain because it's fair. it is strictly a number game which is what it should be. Since you're already accepted at Midwestern, are you going for an interview at LECOM in May..? which one? Erie? I saw it from your previous post.

just got the letter - i got accepted.
what are the advantages of Ferris? is it a nice neighborhood? people? i havent been there yet and want to hear other peoples opinions on it before i make a decision.
I'm from nyc if that helps.

I didn't get in. #220. Based on the number 206 last year, I have no hope. I can't complain because it's fair. it is strictly a number game which is what it should be. Since you're already accepted at Midwestern, are you going for an interview at LECOM in May..? which one? Erie? I saw it from your previous post.

2007--206
2006--234
2005--233

Those are the wiatlist numbers over the last three years. So you never know. You might still have a shot. Unfortuantely, you can't control it. Just hope alot of people reject admission offers.

what are the advantages of Ferris? is it a nice neighborhood? people? i havent been there yet and want to hear other peoples opinions on it before i make a decision.

I've been at Ferris for almost two years now and it is a small city. You come from a big city, like me (I am from Toronto, Canada). Theres not much to do around here..a couple of local bars, a few resteraunts, a couple of places to go bowling, a golf course, a river to go tubing in during the summer, a small movie theater. The people here are nice, Ferris is pretty diverse and the city is clean. lol

Despite sending a request to withdraw my application months ago, i was admitted into Ferris State. I will be declining. Hopefully this will help one of you down

I've been at Ferris one year - originally from near Detroit :)

apatel is right, it's a very small city (the population literally doubles when school is in session) and there isn't a whole lot to do unless you want to drive 45 minutes to Grand Rapids. It's very outdoorsy though, so if you like outdoors it's your place. This year we had I think 4 snow days and at one point the windchill was -27 degrees (I got frostbite on my eat :( ) so don't come if you can't handle a bit of snow. :) We have a walmart, a kmart, a meijer, staples etc as well as an applebees, bob evans, qdoba, umm and bennigan's. I'm sure there are other good places to eat/shop but I'm trapped in my meal plan so I don't get out much.

It's a nice neighborhood, I haven't heard of any crime at all besides the occasional stolen bike/wallet/laptop because someone didn't lock their room/bike/etc. Perhaps you should make a roadtrip? The last of the snow has just melted over the past week or so and they're replanting the flowers. It's getting pretty!

I've been at Ferris for 2 years also, apatel and flillia nailed it right on the head. Very small town, but it's fun if you meet the right people and just make the best of it. That being said, I'm off to enjoy another Thirsty Thursday :thumbup:

Thanks for all the replies! they will help me a lot with the decision

I just got accepted into Ferris State!:)

I don't mind that the campus is in a small city.

What I do care about is the atmosphere.
Can anyone tell me whether the faculty & staff are easy going and understanding, or more on the strict and objective side?
Does anyone know the NAPLEX pass rate & attrition rate?

I just got accepted into Ferris State!:)

I don't mind that the campus is in a small city.

What I do care about is the atmosphere.
Can anyone tell me whether the faculty & staff are easy going and understanding, or more on the strict and objective side?
Does anyone know the NAPLEX pass rate & attrition rate?

Congrats! Where are you from?

Well the faculty and staff from the College or Arts and Sciences were pretty easy going and understanding. They did their job well. As for the College of Pharmacy faculty, I really haven't heard anything bad from anyone about them but I will try to inquire on it some more.

http://www.uspharmd.com/student/2006_Naplex_Passing_Rate.html
That is a link for Naplex pass rate for 2006. Ferris is at #35.

I also have pass rates from 03-07 as a PDF attachment here. I don't know if it will work

Attachments

• NAPLEX pass rates 03-07.pdf
    54.2 KB · Views: 93
Thanks for the info apatel.

Last edited:
I am from houston, Texas.
Got my acceptance letter today, very excited.
I am also wondering about housing, whether to live on campus or off campus.
Congrats to everyone who got in. see ya in fall.

Not to be confusing, but to try to make it easier to find - I created a new thread for us yesterday under the Pharmacy Class Threads Forum.

Another questions for people:
the people of the area - are they a diverse group?

I had an interview at LECOM at Erie, but I'm not going. I already made up my mind about Midwestern, although the 36k/year tuition is going to KILL me! The school is awesome though.

For those looking for housing in Big CRAPIDS at Ferris...stay away from Chapman, Harry's Rentals, Silvernail Realty and pretty much any rental place in town. I would recommend living in one of the newer more costly apartments. Venlo, University Park Suites, etc. I've rented through Silvernail for 3 years and they are supposedly the nicest place to rent from, but it's SUCH a rip off for what you get. I payed $410/mo for a tiny *** apartment that was pretty much in an attic of a house. No windows with screens (or that opened for that matter...they were all painted shut), ceiling was so low in places you would hit your head, bugs everywhere, small as hell, everything falling apart...the list goes on. I would definitely spend a couple hundred extra a month to have a nice place. Keep in mind Big Rapids is in the like the second poorest county in Michigan. You gotta pay if you want a nice place to live.