Program-Specific Info / Q's FGCU MOT 2017-2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gatorbait2342

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone! It seemed like there was only information from older application cycles, so I thought I would create one for this year. Who all is applying to FGCU?

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! It seemed like there was only information from older application cycles, so I thought I would create one for this year. Who all is applying to FGCU?
Hi I applied, and Wanda called me today to set up an interview in February.

Members don't see this ad :)
what were your stats? If you don't mind sharing
Overall GPA: 3.6
Prereq for FGCU: 3.9
GRE: Q-156 V-156 AW-4.0
Observation Hours: ~110 hours in inpatient, outpatient pediatrics, hand therapy, and developmental disabilities.

Hi I applied, and Wanda called me today to set up an interview in February.
Wow congrats! I thought we weren't hearing anything back until January 15th, which is what Wanda sent me in a confirmation email about my app.

Wow congrats! I thought we weren't hearing anything back until January 15th, which is what Wanda sent me in a confirmation email about my app.

Thank you! Yeah I was surpised by the call at first too because I was expecting the same thing, but Wanda said they are trying to do some of them early, so pick up if a 239 number calls you!

Thank you! Yeah I was surpised by the call at first too because I was expecting the same thing, but Wanda said they are trying to do some of them early, so pick up if a 239 number calls you!
I definitely will. Ugh this makes me more anxious now. FGCU is my first choice so I hope I get called soon haha

I'm still waiting to hear back as well. Although I'm not too confident

I'm still waiting to hear back as well. Although I'm not too confident
Have faith in yourself! I'm sure you have so many strengths and positive attributes to your application!! I'm hoping we hear back soon, as Wanda said that we should be informed about an interview after they've processed all of their last applications. I've been anxiously checking my phone all week

I am also waiting. I called but the number is always busy.

I heard back today and scheduled my interview!! :soexcited: Good luck guys and I'm sure you'll hear back shortly!

Members don't see this ad :)
Feb. 9th! :) Did you see any threads on what questions they may ask?? I need to get prepared!
From what I've seen from threads from prior years, it was pretty typical stuff! Like OT v PT, why you want to be an OT, and situational questions! At least from what I've heard, we are interviewed by staff and current students so it helps relax the setting a little more!

Has Wanda emailed you all yet about the details for your interview day (e.g., where to meet, where to park, etc.)? She called me about a week and a half ago and said that she would be emailing me more information later on, but I haven't received anything yet! Just wondering if I should wait a little bit more for her to email or if I should reach out and ask.

Has Wanda emailed you all yet about the details for your interview day (e.g., where to meet, where to park, etc.)? She called me about a week and a half ago and said that she would be emailing me more information later on, but I haven't received anything yet! Just wondering if I should wait a little bit more for her to email or if I should reach out and ask.
Not yet, I was contacted last week. She said she would send it the week before my interview, which is the 9th. I would just be on the look out, when is your interview?

I haven't gotten the email yet either and my interview is Feb 3rd! So I'm sure it'll be shortly before our interview :)

Thanks everyone! My interview day is scheduled for February 9th as well, but I didn't know that she was planning to send the email closer to the interview date. Good to know so I don't have to stress about it haha :)

Got my email from Wanda today because my interview is Saturday! She said that after all the interviews are done on the 9th, the committee will meet and email out letters and the deposit will be $200 to accept.

Got my email from Wanda today because my interview is Saturday! She said that after all the interviews are done on the 9th, the committee will meet and email out letters and the deposit will be $200 to accept.

Thanks for keeping us all updated!

Hey guys! It was super relaxed so I wouldn't worry. You have 3 rooms you visit with 2 people in each. Everyone was really kind and overall really inviting. I can't remember really any of the questions, (there were a lot and I guess I'm in post interview dead time mentally lol), but I would be able to describe OT, and I think they were all pretty standard interviewish questions..like name a time you worked on a team, why OT, and another health profession you might have considered!! I wouldn't stress to much!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! It was super relaxed so I wouldn't worry. You have 3 rooms you visit with 2 people in each. Everyone was really kind and overall really inviting. I can't remember really any of the questions, (there were a lot and I guess I'm in post interview dead time mentally lol), but I would be able to describe OT, and I think they were all pretty standard interviewish questions..like name a time you worked on a team, why OT, and another health profession you might have considered!! I wouldn't stress to much!

Thank you for updating us!! Were you the only interviewee in each of the 3 rooms or were there other applicants there too?

Thank you for updating us!! Were you the only interviewee in each of the 3 rooms or were there other applicants there too?
You were the only one! One of the current Ot students is like a guide and walks you to the rooms. You'll only spend like 5-7 minutes in each room and then you get a tour!

You were the only one! One of the current Ot students is like a guide and walks you to the rooms. You'll only spend like 5-7 minutes in each room and then you get a tour!
Oh gotcha! Thanks for all the help and updates! :)

Hey! I applied and still haven’t heard anything yet :( so I’m really stressed! how many people interviewed with you?

Hey! I applied and still haven’t heard anything yet :( so I’m really stressed! how many people interviewed with you?
I'm not quite sure how many people they interviewed this last time! There were two other girls in my block, and I saw about 6 others! If you haven't heard anything yet, I would just hold tight! You never know how they do their process nor how they will inform people! I know it can be so stressful though, but have faith and take a deep breathe! I've been trying to tell myself that it only does me worse if I think about anything negative until I actually have some bad news. Also, no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news at all!

I'm not quite sure how many people they interviewed this last time! There were two other girls in my block, and I saw about 6 others! If you haven't heard anything yet, I would just hold tight! You never know how they do their process nor how they will inform people! I know it can be so stressful though, but have faith and take a deep breathe! I've been trying to tell myself that it only does me worse if I think about anything negative until I actually have some bad news. Also, no news doesn't necessarily mean bad news at all!
Thank you :) I really appreciate all your positivity!!

I think they interviewed around 20ish people last Saturday. They interviewed three people every 30 minutes and the interviews were from 9 am to 11:30 am.

I think they interviewed around 20ish people last Saturday. They interviewed three people every 30 minutes and the interviews were from 9 am to 11:30 am.
Interviews extended through 1, I believe. My interview was at 12:15 and there was another group behind me!

I think it went okay! I am nervously waiting tho. How about you?

I think they already invited sent out all the interview invitations... I could be wrong, but that was the impression I got because this is what Wanda said in the most recent email I got:
"After interviews are completed (February 9th), the admissions committee will meet and send out offer letters."

I think it went okay! I am nervously waiting tho. How about you?
I think it went really well! I wouldn't have changed anything I said, so if I don't get accepted, FGCU just isn't where I'm meant to be! They are my number one though so I'm hoping we hear positive news soon lol

Reactions: 1 users
I think it went really well! I wouldn't have changed anything I said, so if I don't get accepted, FGCU just isn't where I'm meant to be! They are my number one though so I'm hoping we hear positive news soon lol

Wow I really like your positive perspective on that! I'm sure you did great though! I have my interview tomorrow and am so nervous :eek:

Wow I really like your positive perspective on that! I'm sure you did great though! I have my interview tomorrow and am so nervous :eek:
Don't be!! Everyone there was SO nice and you can tell they all want you to do great. Go park on campus at North Lake Village and sit at the lake front and just relax! Have faith in yourself and I'm sure they will see that you will be a great OT!

I just had my interview and I loved it so much! I will literally be heartbroken if I don’t get in lol but I feel confident about everything I said, so I don’t think I could have done anything else! If it’s meant to be it will be. Now it’s just a waiting game! :sick:

I just had my interview and I loved it so much! I will literally be heartbroken if I don’t get in lol but I feel confident about everything I said, so I don’t think I could have done anything else! If it’s meant to be it will be. Now it’s just a waiting game! :sick:
I'm so glad to hear that!! I bet you did great! Did they give any more info on when we might hear?

I'm so glad to hear that!! I bet you did great! Did they give any more info on when we might hear?

Ugh I wish I asked! I’m going to assume 2-3 weeks from today, but I’m not sure. I was going to breifly chat with Wanda after my interview but she already left for the day!

Ugh I wish I asked! I’m going to assume 2-3 weeks from today, but I’m not sure. I was going to breifly chat with Wanda after my interview but she already left for the day!
Ugh that seems so far away. I saw a few people from last year that said they heard shortly after interviews (some as soon as 3 days) so maybe we can get super lucky and hear back this week? haha:rolleyes:

What other programs are you considering?

Ugh that seems so far away. I saw a few people from last year that said they heard shortly after interviews (some as soon as 3 days) so maybe we can get super lucky and hear back this week? haha:rolleyes:

What other programs are you considering?

Omg seriously?? I had no idea. Omg that’s gonna make me so anxious... Lol! And I got accepted to St. Augustine and got an interview to Barry, but I think I’m going to decline Barry’s interview. The only other place I applied that I haven’t heard back from is FIU, but I’d much rather go to FGCU so I’m praying it works out!!! What about you?

Congrats on St. Augustine!! All the OTs I shadowed talked about how great they prepare their students. Quoting one OT who was phenomenal "St. Augustine really does make the best OTs." so that is awesome that you got accepted!!

FGCU is my number 1, but I'm waiting to hear back from UF and Adventist!

Omg seriously?? I had no idea. Omg that’s gonna make me so anxious... Lol! And I got accepted to St. Augustine and got an interview to Barry, but I think I’m going to decline Barry’s interview. The only other place I applied that I haven’t heard back from is FIU, but I’d much rather go to FGCU so I’m praying it works out!!! What about you?
Hey girl, congrats on your acceptance to Saint Augustine! I also would rather go to FGCU over FIU so I am hoping we both hear good news soon!! I actually got an interview invitation from FIU yesterday for the end of February but I know they also do interviews at the end of March. They may not have sent out all their interview invitations yet so keep checking your email :)

I think it went pretty well! You were definitely right in saying that I had nothing to worry about-- everyone was so nice and friendly and it was really laid-back.
I'm glad it went well! Hopefully we will hear back soon!