FGCU OOS Tuition can't be serious

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mccomasg09

10+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Although I'm not in that program, it wouldn't surprise me. Have you contacted the program? Many state schools only charge out of state tuition until you gain state residency. That takes what, one year? Also you should talk to their financial aid department to see if there are special scholarships that allow out of state students to pay in-state tuition. Good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Programs can charge per academic load (1/4,1/2,3/4,full-time) or by unit. If the program states tuition is charged per unit, that's usually what it is. My undergrad charged per academic load for regular sessions but charges per unit for continuing Ed. It's program specific. If you would like a definitive answer, I would recheck the university's tuition page. If they state per unit, then that's what it is.

I know Florida just changed their laws on residency for tuition where you have to live there for a year and prove sour not just there for tuition and you can't switch once you start. Might be worth it if it's that cheap tho, I went to school in nc who also has cheap education and it was virtually impossible to switch residency their as well.

Goyo,
Are you sure about this? I know my undergrad charges up to 12 and that is it and then whatever else you take you're not charged for? I was hoping it has to be something similar especially since 115 credits is on the high side for pt programs I believe as well, don't quote me tho.

That's what it looks like from their website. PT programs go by what is set by the university. From the looks of what they have on their website, OOS students pay that amount per credit hour. Credit hours are misleading and dependent on what the department thinks a certain class is worth. That 115 could easily just be 100. saving you thousands lol.

And I have no idea why FGCU charges that much. But I would call them. You should always call them. To make sure you're getting the most accurate information.

It is that bad. It's only getting worse . Brb oos tuition is 5x in state