• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

Lifeblood_20

SDN Gold Donor
2+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2017
Status (Visible)
  1. Medical Student (Accepted)
Hi,
I submitted FAFSA in October with filler schools that I planned to modify as my cycle results solidify. Since then, I have resubmitted once after modifying my school list to include schools where I have gotten interviews, but it is not up to date in that regard. Currently, I am still waiting for post-interview decisions, as I presume most applicants are too.

My question is, how should I go about modifying/resubmitting FAFSA so I can be considered for aid as early as possible while still having the school list accurately reflecting my options? Does it even matter?

Conversely, would there be any harm in leaving my school list as it is for now until decisions come out? I am a low-income applicant and my expected family contribution is 0 -- if schools can see this, would they be inclined to not accept me because I have great financial needs?

Thanks in advance!

OfMiceAndWomen

2+ Year Member
Jan 5, 2019
Since it's free, I sent FAFSA to every school I interviewed at, regardless of whether I've heard back about acceptance or not. I think you can only send to 10 schools at a time, but then you can go back to edit the list & send it to more schools.

AFAIK, for many (all?) med schools, the process is need-blind, so the admissions committee is entirely separate from the financial aid office. Adcoms don't look at your financial aid forms.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
About the Ads

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.