Filing/modifying FAFSA too early at this point?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Reaction score
Hi,
I submitted FAFSA in October with filler schools that I planned to modify as my cycle results solidify. Since then, I have resubmitted once after modifying my school list to include schools where I have gotten interviews, but it is not up to date in that regard. Currently, I am still waiting for post-interview decisions, as I presume most applicants are too.

My question is, how should I go about modifying/resubmitting FAFSA so I can be considered for aid as early as possible while still having the school list accurately reflecting my options? Does it even matter?

Conversely, would there be any harm in leaving my school list as it is for now until decisions come out? I am a low-income applicant and my expected family contribution is 0 -- if schools can see this, would they be inclined to not accept me because I have great financial needs?

Thanks in advance!

Members don't see this ad.

Since it's free, I sent FAFSA to every school I interviewed at, regardless of whether I've heard back about acceptance or not. I think you can only send to 10 schools at a time, but then you can go back to edit the list & send it to more schools.

AFAIK, for many (all?) med schools, the process is need-blind, so the admissions committee is entirely separate from the financial aid office. Adcoms don't look at your financial aid forms.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users