filling out AMCAS now...?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chem2MD

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is the AMCAS accessible now only for 2009-2010? Would it be wise to take the time to fill it out now so that it is easy to do when it gets released? It says it comes out may 4....does that mean I can access it only then or submit to schools by that date? B/c my advisor said usually only by June can you submit...

anyone have the links to the AMCAS application tips...?

Members don't see this ad.

Is the AMCAS accessible now only for 2009-2010?

Yes.

Would it be wise to take the time to fill it out now so that it is easy to do when it gets released?

It would be a waste of time. AMCAS doesn't take that long to fill out. Entering grades is probably the most time consuming part of it.

Only thing to considering working on early is Personal Statement and getting your LORs. If you do some kind of resume with all of your awards, clinical, volunteer experiences, etc. it can really make filling out the AMCAS a breeze.

It says it comes out may 4....does that mean I can access it only then or submit to schools by that date? B/c my advisor said usually only by June can you submit...

Only access it and fill it out. Can't submit until june.

anyone have the links to the AMCAS application tips...?

There's a sticky at the top of the forum with a bunch of links and crap in there.

You can access it now by making an account. You can check it out, fill it in, play with it to see what it asks. But it's a waste of your time, as the data you entered will all disappear when the new cycle begins. You will still have the same account though as it will remember your name and password.

It would be a waste of time. AMCAS doesn't take that long to fill out. Entering grades is probably the most time consuming part of it.

Only thing to considering working on early is Personal Statement and getting your LORs. If you do some kind of resume with all of your awards, clinical, volunteer experiences, etc. it can really make filling out the AMCAS a breeze.

Everything in that post in true. The PS is the only thing you really need to work on before AMCAS is available.