Filling out FAFSA Confusion/Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

stressedpredent

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey peeps,

So I'm trying to start my FAFSA for the upcoming year and have a couple questions. I'm currently a senior finishing up my bachelors degree and plan on starting dental school this upcoming summer.

1) Starting out with a general one: if I submit by the end of this week, will schools that notify me on Dec. 1st be able to put together a financial package before the 30 day deadline I have to pay my deposit? Or is that something I have to wait on until after I pay deposits? Asking because it would be nice to have an idea of how much everything costs before I commit haha.

2) There are questions on the FAFSA that ask: "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?". I believe I am supposed to put 4th year/senior for the first question, but have no idea what to put for the second. I will be pursuing my bachelor's as well as starting a graduate/professional degree.

3) For school selection, do I put my current undergrad institution or all the dental schools I applied to?

This is as far as I could get. Without the school info, I can't progress any further in the application. Would really appreciate if someone can chime in so I can continue with this and submit.
 
Hey peeps,

So I'm trying to start my FAFSA for the upcoming year and have a couple questions. I'm currently a senior finishing up my bachelors degree and plan on starting dental school this upcoming summer.

1) Starting out with a general one: if I submit by the end of this week, will schools that notify me on Dec. 1st be able to put together a financial package before the 30 day deadline I have to pay my deposit? Or is that something I have to wait on until after I pay deposits? Asking because it would be nice to have an idea of how much everything costs before I commit haha.

2) There are questions on the FAFSA that ask: "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?". I believe I am supposed to put 4th year/senior for the first question, but have no idea what to put for the second. I will be pursuing my bachelor's as well as starting a graduate/professional degree.

3) For school selection, do I put my current undergrad institution or all the dental schools I applied to?

This is as far as I could get. Without the school info, I can't progress any further in the application. Would really appreciate if someone can chime in so I can continue with this and submit.

Interested in answers too, is there a deadline for fafsa?
 
Hey peeps,

So I'm trying to start my FAFSA for the upcoming year and have a couple questions. I'm currently a senior finishing up my bachelors degree and plan on starting dental school this upcoming summer.

1) Starting out with a general one: if I submit by the end of this week, will schools that notify me on Dec. 1st be able to put together a financial package before the 30 day deadline I have to pay my deposit? Or is that something I have to wait on until after I pay deposits? Asking because it would be nice to have an idea of how much everything costs before I commit haha.

2) There are questions on the FAFSA that ask: "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?". I believe I am supposed to put 4th year/senior for the first question, but have no idea what to put for the second. I will be pursuing my bachelor's as well as starting a graduate/professional degree.

3) For school selection, do I put my current undergrad institution or all the dental schools I applied to?

This is as far as I could get. Without the school info, I can't progress any further in the application. Would really appreciate if someone can chime in so I can continue with this and submit.


The only one I know is for #2. You put "Continuing graduate/professional and beyond" for "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "Graduate/professional degree" for "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?".

Yea I'm stuck on the school selection too.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
The only one I know is for #2. You put "Continuing graduate/professional and beyond" for "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "Graduate/professional degree" for "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?".

Yea I'm stuck on the school selection too.
Awesome! Are you positive its grad/professional degree for both? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this info?
 
Awesome! Are you positive its grad/professional degree for both? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this info

I'm pretty positive, a lot of people refer to dental/med/pharm/law schools as professional schools.
Just google professional school and you'll see.