Filling out FAFSA Confusion/Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

stressedpredent

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey peeps,

So I'm trying to start my FAFSA for the upcoming year and have a couple questions. I'm currently a senior finishing up my bachelors degree and plan on starting dental school this upcoming summer.

1) Starting out with a general one: if I submit by the end of this week, will schools that notify me on Dec. 1st be able to put together a financial package before the 30 day deadline I have to pay my deposit? Or is that something I have to wait on until after I pay deposits? Asking because it would be nice to have an idea of how much everything costs before I commit haha.

2) There are questions on the FAFSA that ask: "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?". I believe I am supposed to put 4th year/senior for the first question, but have no idea what to put for the second. I will be pursuing my bachelor's as well as starting a graduate/professional degree.

3) For school selection, do I put my current undergrad institution or all the dental schools I applied to?

This is as far as I could get. Without the school info, I can't progress any further in the application. Would really appreciate if someone can chime in so I can continue with this and submit.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey peeps,

So I'm trying to start my FAFSA for the upcoming year and have a couple questions. I'm currently a senior finishing up my bachelors degree and plan on starting dental school this upcoming summer.

1) Starting out with a general one: if I submit by the end of this week, will schools that notify me on Dec. 1st be able to put together a financial package before the 30 day deadline I have to pay my deposit? Or is that something I have to wait on until after I pay deposits? Asking because it would be nice to have an idea of how much everything costs before I commit haha.

2) There are questions on the FAFSA that ask: "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?". I believe I am supposed to put 4th year/senior for the first question, but have no idea what to put for the second. I will be pursuing my bachelor's as well as starting a graduate/professional degree.

3) For school selection, do I put my current undergrad institution or all the dental schools I applied to?

This is as far as I could get. Without the school info, I can't progress any further in the application. Would really appreciate if someone can chime in so I can continue with this and submit.

Interested in answers too, is there a deadline for fafsa?

Hey peeps,

The only one I know is for #2. You put "Continuing graduate/professional and beyond" for "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "Graduate/professional degree" for "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?".

Yea I'm stuck on the school selection too.

Members don't see this ad :)
The only one I know is for #2. You put "Continuing graduate/professional and beyond" for "What will your college grade level be when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?" and "Graduate/professional degree" for "What degree or certificate will you be working on when you begin the 2018-2019 school year?".

Yea I'm stuck on the school selection too.
Awesome! Are you positive its grad/professional degree for both? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this info?

Awesome! Are you positive its grad/professional degree for both? If you don't mind me asking, where did you get this info

I'm pretty positive, a lot of people refer to dental/med/pharm/law schools as professional schools.
Just google professional school and you'll see.