Final Paycheck

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SeminoleFan3

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
If I’m separating from the military with a date of separation of 01JUL, when is my final paycheck? The 7/1 or 7/15?

(I know they sometimes hold it for a few weeks while auditing to make sure there’s no outstanding debts, but I’m just trying to budget for the summer)

Members don't see this ad.

If I’m separating from the military with a date of separation of 01JUL, when is my final paycheck? The 7/1 or 7/15?

(I know they sometimes hold it for a few weeks while auditing to make sure there’s no outstanding debts, but I’m just trying to budget for the summer)

I had the same separation date, and my last deposit for pay was made 7 July. Of course, it was smaller than usual, including only 1 July as regular pay and the handful of leave days I didn't use.

On a related note, my separation travel voucher and PPM reimbursed about six weeks after I physically completed my move.

Reactions: 1 user
I had the same separation date, and my last deposit for pay was made 7 July. Of course, it was smaller than usual, including only 1 July as regular pay and the handful of leave days I didn't use.

On a related note, my separation travel voucher and PPM reimbursed about six weeks after I physically completed my move.

Thanks. That’s helpful. What did they pay for your separation travel voucher? Gas/mileage? Anything else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks. That’s helpful. What did they pay for your separation travel voucher? Gas/mileage? Anything else?

It's been a few years, so I'm afraid I don't remember too many details. I'm sure it was mostly mileage with a one-night motel stay thrown in, or something like that. I also did a PPM (pDITY), which is a separate payment, but because they were concurrent processes, I don't really remember which expense got filed where.

I separated this past summer (though just for a 1 year civ fellowship, I still had to do TAPS and the other nonsense) and they said they could take a few weeks, I got my final check with some cashed out leave on 10 July.

The travel voucher took a few weeks after submission, it was the mileage in POV and per diem for me and my family. I think it was 100% per diem for me, 75% for spouse, and 50% for each kiddo. The number of days per diem was based on distance traveled.

I also did a full PPM which was quicker to get back then the travel voucher.