• Livestream AMA: Join SDN as we welcome Dr. John Ligon, a Pediatric Oncologist with the National Cancer Institute on May 11th at 8:00 PM Eastern. Register now!

molars

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2008
Status (Visible)
finally i gave my exam today, it was tough, very exhausted. anyone knows any dental programmes besides DDS which doesnt need the nbde score ?
really i dont wanna giv this exam again. want to do some other dental programmes for which they dont ask for NDBE score, plzzz suggest. i really need ur adivce.really very very tensed.

firasoblast

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2008
Dallas,TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
finally i gave my exam today, it was tough, very exhausted. anyone knows any dental programmes besides DDS which doesnt need the nbde score ?
really i dont wanna giv this exam again. want to do some other dental programmes for which they dont ask for NDBE score, plzzz suggest. i really need ur adivce.really very very tensed.

well,hope you pass with a high score. some residency programs don't require nbde as a mandatory requirement for ftd but it's still advantageous to have it.check for public health or even prostho.

all the best

drmissing

10+ Year Member
Sep 23, 2008
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
hey firasoblast...are u sure there are still some programs which dunn require NBDE...
i have given my exam 2 months back...dint score gudd enough to apply...planning to give again in march...really unsure of wat to do next...
if u have any details abt the programs or univ which do not require nbde ..plzz reply back...

elra

10+ Year Member
Mar 22, 2007
Status (Visible)
  1. Dental Student
hey,,

Plz dont get upset..
You will get a good score.
So did you cover the decks n papers before the exam?

About the Ads

phoenix90

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Aug 22, 2008
Status (Visible)
well,hope you pass with a high score. some residency programs don't require nbde as a mandatory requirement for ftd but it's still advantageous to have it.check for public health or even prostho.

all the best

RESiDENCY PROG ARE TOUGH TO GET IN,esp surgical ones
u need 95 plus for surgery,88 plus and gr8 gpa for the rest,the comp is tense,only 4 seats every branch ,every univ,some take only instate or american univ grads.
BUT THRE IS NO MOUNTAIN WHICH CANT BE CLIMBED
GOOD LUCK

firasoblast

10+ Year Member
Feb 12, 2008
Dallas,TX
Status (Visible)
  1. Dentist
RESiDENCY PROG ARE TOUGH TO GET IN,esp surgical ones
u need 95 plus for surgery,88 plus and gr8 gpa for the rest,the comp is tense,only 4 seats every branch ,every univ,some take only instate or american univ grads.
BUT THRE IS NO MOUNTAIN WHICH CANT BE CLIMBED
GOOD LUCK

Theoretically you are 100% right. but Let me tell you that ALL residency requirements are subject to waive or vary from an applicant to another even in the same program. I even know people in ortho programs who didn't bother to take part 1. I can only speak for ortho, 95% of ortho residents were not accepted because they are the highest qualified applicants, it's all about connections and recommendations.

molars

10+ Year Member
Aug 31, 2008
Status (Visible)
if anyone of u come to know any dental programmes in any states in which nbde is not mandatory plzzz. let me know, i m very worried.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 12 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.