Finally the wait is over!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marlboro Lights

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi
i got my part 1 scores today....finaly the hard work has paid off....i scored 88
my raw scores were anat - 82
dadh-89
micro- 73
physio- 71

....im really happy and best of luck to all others who are waiting for there scores...

Members don't see this ad.

I GOT MINE TOO NOT SO HAPPY i got 83 for my comp score
anat 71
bio 70
micro78
dental 74

i will apply to schools and study again for second time
:bang: i will open this closed door somehow! I wont give up;)

Hi
i got my part 1 scores today....finaly the hard work has paid off....i scored 88
dadh-89
micro- 73
physio- 71

....im really happy and best of luck to all others who are waiting for there scores...

Congrats on ur success Marlboro Lights; Wish u all d best for application.Can u please let know how many days it took for u to get d score

Members don't see this ad :)
hi bro. first congratulation for ur score, can u advice me what to study ? im planning to study the desck and refered to kaplan book if i didnt understand some issue in the decks ,, what do u think

please advice , i feel that im lost

congrats ur for ur score and best wishes for ur application process!
Could you highlight abt the exam? how did u feel ? was it tough? did u get any old paper questions? was there any weird questions like stapedectomy......

Please give us someinsight

Hi MBM thats the spirit! u cant predict what will happen so go ahead and apply If not next year u improve and apply again!!

i didnt have to many weird questions...i guess aroung 15 on the whole exam..but trust me if u know ur basics.. the chances of u scoring well are quite high

Congrats on your score....I scored 88 too but my raw score is..
anat-89
dental anat-85
phy-80
micro-75
Just curious how they calculate the composite score as our raw scores are different...

congrats on your score to...well i dont have much idea how the score is calculated..but i guess it has something to do with the difficulty level of individual questions...i guess...anyways u have a good score best of luck for the applications...

Hi
dadh-89
micro- 73
physio- 71

Hi. Congratulation...Can you give me advices for study, as Im not in the US dental schools? what did you study for the exams? I have bunch of sources for the exam bt dont know which one to use like BRS, Rapid Review, reference textbook, mosby review, firstaid and so on...can u tell me what exactly I have to focus on? and how many months have u studied for it? I really appreciate your respond.

hey nazem ,
gothrough the posts in the forum , you will get the general idea what to study and how.

it's been discussed at a lot of threads.

Members don't see this ad :)
hi nazem..
i studied for 4 months...8 - 10 hrs a day...and in the last month almst 12-14 hrs..i did
decks 3 times
ASDA released papers 2 times
Kaplan review for physio
Kplan lecture notes for Biochem + Lippincots
Anat from High Yield gross anatomy,chaurasia hnf
Micro patho decks + Wiki + Kaplan
Kaplan Q bank couldnt complete it but its good for clearing concepts.

all the best

hey guys pls help

i got 85 in prt 1 ...appeard in june this year( 318 q got rt)
i ve gpa 3.37

shd i retake or tke prt 2

thanx

well ur gpa is good...and ur raw score is also good....i think u should apply u have a good chance in nyu as ur gpa is good...retaking is a decision which i feel only u can make...it depends on u entirely....u never know what they are looking at in an application.

hi nazem..
i studied for 4 months...8 - 10 hrs a day...and in the last month almst 12-14 hrs..i did
decks 3 times
ASDA released papers 2 times
Kaplan review for physio
Kplan lecture notes for Biochem + Lippincots
Anat from High Yield gross anatomy,chaurasia hnf
Micro patho decks + Wiki + Kaplan
Kaplan Q bank couldnt complete it but its good for clearing concepts.

all the best
h

Hi
dadh-89
micro- 73
physio- 71

Hi! gr8 scores.Can u let me know how did u study pathology?did u read every dusease in detail from kaplan or jus concetrated more on decks?What topics did u refer from lippincotts biochemistry?

i made the mistake of neglecting pathology till the end of my preparation i just did decks and papers for that...but if you have time go through kaplan as it will help u a lot...from lippincotts i did small topics which i found difficult....the rest of it i did from Kaplan Biochem lecture notes

Last edited:
i made the mistake of neglecting pathology till the end of my preparation i just did decks and papers for that...but if you have time go through kaplan as it will help u a lot...concentrate on immunology and inflammation..from lippincotts i did vitamins,collagen synthesis,DNA and RNA synthesis,Urea cycle...the rest of it i did from Kaplan Biochem lecture notes
Thanx for such a quick response.I have one doubt- do they concentrate on systemic pathology much or shud we be firm with the basic general pathology?

i made the mistake of neglecting pathology till the end of my preparation i just did decks and papers for that...but if you have time go through kaplan as it will help u a lot...concentrate on immunology and inflammation..from lippincotts i did vitamins,collagen synthesis,DNA and RNA synthesis,Urea cycle...the rest of it i did from Kaplan Biochem lecture notes
How did u prepare the dental anatomy part? is kaplan and decks gud enuf for DADH part?

Congrats to everyone who has passed their exam! An upperclassmen told me he heard that with the new computerized version of part 1, there aren't any pictures as questions on the exam (like ithose arrow pictueres in Dental Anat).
Can anyone who has taken the test recently confirm/deny this please, thank you!!

if u have a look at the break up given in the 2008 candidate guide ul be able to assess which are the major areas that one should concentrate on while preparing

well ur gpa is good...and ur raw score is also good....i think u should apply u have a good chance in nyu as ur gpa is good...retaking is a decision which i feel only u can make...it depends on u entirely....u never know what they are looking at in an application.

hey congrats to u ....i knw its all cos of hrd wrk......

i wd retake i think cos i dnt want to b in illusions cos we knw 85 is nt competitive ....
my raw scores were anat 86
da 85
micpath 78
biochphysio 69
only cos i ve low in this last i have 85....
all the vry bst to u..........

hey congrats to u ....i knw its all cos of hrd wrk......

i wd retake i think cos i dnt want to b in illusions cos we knw 85 is nt competitive ....
my raw scores were anat 86
da 85
micpath 78
biochphysio 69
only cos i ve low in this last i have 85....
all the vry bst to u..........

Are you allergic to vowels?

Are you allergic to vowels?

ys sir i m .....if u cant help stressd out person atleast dnt do such stupid n unethical acts........by the way i hardly giv it a damn.....i shd nt ve replied .....u mst ve at sme point of life undrgne such a situation...........

anyways i ve no problms with my allergy.....

u tke care n keep coollllllll......

ys sir i m .....if u cant help stressd out person atleast dnt do such stupid n unethical acts........by the way i hardly giv it a damn.....i shd nt ve replied .....u mst ve at sme point of life undrgne such a situation...........

anyways i ve no problms with my allergy.....

u tke care n keep coollllllll......

Like many of us, I am waiting for my results as well. I might agree that my statement was "stupid" but I would not say that it was an unethical act. That's a little extreme, don't you think?

Relax, humor is fun!
-C

if u have a look at the break up given in the 2008 candidate guide ul be able to assess which are the major areas that one should concentrate on while preparing
Hi Marlboro lights,i jus wanted to know that from where did u refer the dental occlusion part?

Hi
dadh-89
micro- 73
physio- 71

hi...these "raw scores" you speak of...are they the number of questions you got right, or are they actually the scaled score? because i thought one needed a 75+ scaled score on each section to pass the exam?...sorry if i sound ignorant. just a bit confused with the scoring of this exam.

u needed 75+ in each section to pass the exam..this was prior to january 2007...since then you are just assessed on ur composite score....however the score report also gives details about the no of correct responses you had on each section but that is just for ur information...those scores are not ur percentile....in short if u get a 75+ on ur overall score u pass the exam..hope this helps...