Finals studying (support group)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Biochem is like 90% bio 10% chemistry. And it's not like ochem where you have to like know mechanisms and push electrons. I honestly don't think ochem performance is a good predictor of biochem performance. I think the general consensus is that biochem isn't difficult to understand, there's just a lot of material that you need to master.

Edit: also, biochem is really interesting. Way more interesting than ochem, imo.
Okay cool thanks a lot! I get to see what the hype's about in a few months!

Members don't see this ad.

Why was this tread not around a week ago when I needed it to be? Now I just spend my days sleeping, panicking about med school, playing Ingress, and drinking boozy milkshakes.

(1 cup vanilla ice cream, 1/4 cup milk, 3 tablespoons cake-flavored vodka put in a blender. Trust me on this one.)

I disagree that biochem focuses more on biology... at least at my school the opposite is the case. Biology was roughly 15% and chem was around 85% 0.0

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I disagree that biochem focuses more on biology... at least at my school the opposite is the case. Biology was roughly 15% and chem was around 85% 0.0

Interesting. I even took the chemistry BS biochem and I would still say it was like 70% bio and 30% chem, if that. The 90-10 thing comes from my friends who took the pre-med biochem.

97th percentile on organic ACS. Bam!

Reactions: 1 users
Congrats @Lannister

I'm so happy for you!! I've been a little depressed these past few days because my finals have been really difficult for me. And I got a B+ in Biochem

Congrats @Lannister

I'm so happy for you!! I've been a little depressed these past few days because my finals have been really difficult for me. And I got a B+ in Biochem

Thanks :) And don't worry, a B+ is still pretty good! Are you applying this summer?

Seriously how long does it take to put a test through a scantron machine? One teacher does it in under an hour and another is going on 6 days. Smh.

Reactions: 4 users
Seriously how long does it take to put a test through a scantron machine? One teacher does it in under an hour and another is going on 6 days. Smh.
Pretty sure my prof is waiting until the last possible moment to grade the final. :lame:

Is anyone else experiencing a downward trend in grades this semester :( I'm sad

I definitely focused more on ECs this semester. I mean overall I'm still fine I think but I should've prioritized school work more.

Last final of the semester tomorrow. Can't wait to be done

Members don't see this ad :)
I was taking an online class for Bio majors this semester, I thought the final online exam was due on Sunday night like normally, but it was actually due Friday night :inpain:. So now, that'll probably kill my grade in that 1 credit class. Luckily its pass/fail and I think I did enough extra credit to pass :hilarious:

Otherwise Physiology final on Saturday 8AM, dear gosh strike me now :arghh:

I am SO over it you have no idea! I have physics tomorrow but it's really the only class I've been on top of all semester so I have some leeway.

I get a week or so to relax and then I gotta get ready for summer classes :( are you applying this cycle?? @onyisraw

Retaking orgo 1 and 21 more credits of electives lol. am I a fool?? It would do wonders for my GPA though…. @Theafoni

Yeah but they're mostly joke classes. And stats over the summer is fine. I really don't like summer classes but I'll endure this pain one last time for the sake of garnering an acceptance in 2016.

I am SO over it you have no idea! I have physics tomorrow but it's really the only class I've been on top of all semester so I have some leeway.

I get a week or so to relax and then I gotta get ready for summer classes :( are you applying this cycle?? @onyisraw
Ahhhh, physics was my lonely B+ this semester. I hated it. And nope, I got 1 year, maybe 2. Are you applying this summer?

Ahhhh, physics was my lonely B+ this semester. I hated it. And nope, I got 1 year, maybe 2. Are you applying this summer?

Physics is really interesting if you devote the time to it! Honestly, if one doesn't cram, learning the way things work is actually quite fulfilling and actually sticks. Although if that's your only B+, I'm sure I would be more than happy to trade transcripts with ya haha

I'm a junior and I am applying the summer after graduation! So a year from now.

Physics is really interesting if you devote the time to it! Honestly, if one doesn't cram, learning the way things work is actually quite fulfilling and actually sticks. Although if that's your only B+, I'm sure I would be more than happy to trade transcripts with ya haha

I'm a junior and I am applying the summer after graduation! So a year from now.
Lol, everytime I study physics I end up doing o chem stuff that I shouldn't be doing haha. And nooo, my grades are not that great but my upward trend is noteworthy. Physics is really interesting but I have a hard time doing a ****ton of practice problems when our exams will cover select topics and they're only 55 minute exams anyway. So when I studied I tried to be efficient and quick with the equations, not so much to understand every detail about the equations and such. IDK, I'd rather o chem than physics lol and that I think was my problem.

Lol, everytime I study physics I end up doing o chem stuff that I shouldn't be doing haha. And nooo, my grades are not that great but my upward trend is noteworthy. Physics is really interesting but I have a hard time doing a ****ton of practice problems when our exams will cover select topics and they're only 55 minute exams anyway. So when I studied I tried to be efficient and quick with the equations, not so much to understand every detail about the equations and such. IDK, I'd rather o chem than physics lol and that I think was my problem.

Are you a sophomore or junior?

And yeah I always have these lofty goals…For example, I'll plan to do every single physics problem in our textbook but around 1 or 2 weeks before the test, I'll simply do the problems in class and homework over and over again. It's worked for me thus far.

I would hate to take O chem and Physics simultaneously.

One problem I do have is jumping to the problems before having a solid grasp of all the concepts. There's just never enough time. Idk I'm a bad student lol

Are you a sophomore or junior?

And yeah I always have these lofty goals…For example, I'll plan to do every single physics problem in our textbook but around 1 or 2 weeks before the test, I'll simply do the problems in class and homework over and over again. It's worked for me thus far.

I would hate to take O chem and Physics simultaneously.

One problem I do have is jumping to the problems before having a solid grasp of all the concepts. There's just never enough time. Idk I'm a bad student lol
I just finished my sophomore year. I'm a junior now :D.

Pre-meds at my school are split over taking o chem and physics simultaneously. Our physics dept. is so rough (even algebra based), that it's common to take it at another local college or something and usually this is done without o chem. Not many of us do both at once.

I just finished my sophomore year. I'm a junior now :D.

Pre-meds at my school are split over taking o chem and physics simultaneously. Our physics dept. is so rough (even algebra based), that it's common to take it at another local college or something and usually this is done without o chem. Not many of us do both at once.

The overachievers at my school take those two at the same time. I am an underachiever so I took them separately