Finals Support Thread!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemdoctor

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone.

This is just a support thread for all of you to do well on your finals! What final are y'all most stressed about?

For me, it'd definitely be Biochem and my upper level Neuroscience course.

Try not to stress too hard. Do as well as you can everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey everyone.

This is just a support thread for all of you to do well on your finals! What final are y'all most stressed about?

For me, it'd definitely be Biochem and my upper level Neuroscience course.

Try not to stress too hard. Do as well as you can everyone!

I'm stressed about my microbiology course. Good luck on your finals!

People actually worry about their finals? After hell week finals usually seemed easy

Members don't see this ad :)
Internally having a freak out from all my procrastination but I will continue to...

Reactions: 1 user
Just tanked my grade a bit in a sociology class. Gonna need some really good grade on the final paper and the final to get an A. I hate it. I think I need another social “science” type class next semester for my last core requirement. I need pretty much a near perfect grade on everything left in my genetics class because my professor completely blindsided and crushed us like Alex Smith a week ago.

Rough semester in general. Could be walking out with 2, maybe 3, maybe even 4 Bs.

Weird how I feel burnt out but I’m not doing anything near what I see people say they’ve done/are doing on here.

The feels...so I took an upper level soc gender studies class to satisfy a credit req and for 'super easy A'. Instead I've done a ridiculous amount of writing and time put into this class seriously questioning my judgment and barely holding an A- together as we limp into the finish line. SMH :(

Just tanked my grade a bit in a sociology class. Gonna need some really good grade on the final paper and the final to get an A. I hate it. I think I need another social “science” type class next semester for my last core requirement. I need pretty much a near perfect grade on everything left in my genetics class because my professor completely blindsided and crushed us like Alex Smith a week ago.

Rough semester in general. Could be walking out with 2, maybe 3, maybe even 4 Bs.

Weird how I feel burnt out but I’m not doing anything near what I see people say they’ve done/are doing on here.
Omggg.. I have a bad case of senioritis and recently I've been feeling extremely burned out too! But noo, don't give up. Keep working at it and raise those grades!

Sociology is boring. My professor was amazing though. Don’t worry. At least it doesn’t go towards sGPA!!

Also, you’re never gonna be able to do anything near what people on here are doing. Remember, it’s sdn where the average applicant has a 4.0 520, found the cures to two types of cancer and held the hands of dying children in Africa while feeding them.

I’m being facetious but you get what I mean... it’s sdn! I’m sure you have a better app than you think!

Sociology is boring. My professor was amazing though. Don’t worry. At least it doesn’t go towards sGPA!!

Also, you’re never gonna be able to do anything near what people on here are doing. Remember, it’s sdn where the average applicant has a 4.0 520, found the cures to two types of cancer and held the hands of dying children in Africa while feeding them.

I’m being facetious but you get what I mean... it’s sdn! I’m sure you have a better app than you think!

Currently at about a 3.7 GPA that’s probably going down a bit this semester. No shadowing and only ~30-40 hours non-clinical with habitat for humanity but at least the latter will increase this winter break and then summer break. Can’t seem to find a doctor to shadow. ~135 clinical hours but that’s not going up due to me being fired from the hospital and the only other place in my little college town is full. Also no research... so...

I just don’t want to give up my health and hobbies just yet.

Currently at about a 3.7 GPA that’s probably going down a bit this semester. No shadowing and only ~30-40 hours non-clinical with habitat for humanity but at least the latter will increase this winter break and then summer break. Can’t seem to find a doctor to shadow. ~135 clinical hours but that’s not going up due to me being fired from the hospital and the only other place in my little college town is full. Also no research... so...

I just don’t want to give up my health and hobbies just yet.

Ask premeds at your school. See if you can find someone. Maybe there’s a shadowing class that’s offered ?

Remember clinical work doesn’t need to be in a hospital

Members don't see this ad :)

Sociology was also my worst grade. Professor was about 80 years old, had homework due at the beginning of class which required book reading, which he wrote. And then he would lecture on the same topic using verbatim what we read the night before. Or make us watch videos of his lectures and then re-lecture us with the same information. And he was a shockingly hard grader.

Ask premeds at your school. See if you can find someone. Maybe there’s a shadowing class that’s offered ?

Remember clinical work doesn’t need to be in a hospital

I know. There’s the 1 big hospital that I got fired from and then there’s a free clinic that’s full. Those are the two options close enough to campus.

Edit: Now that I thought about there are some hospices that I might look into but I think I’m just going to focus on grades and the MCAT for the rest of junior year.

I know. There’s the 1 big hospital that I got fired from and then there’s a free clinic that’s full. Those are the two options close enough to campus.

Edit: Now that I thought about there are some hospices that I might look into but I think I’m just going to focus on grades and the MCAT for the rest of junior year.

Makes sense!

I have a final coming up Friday. Just got an email from my Professor saying he changed his mind, we can't bring a cheat sheet.

Prayers up for me, if you can spare them.

I came hard out the gate and managed to do really well in my bio and physics courses. No final in bio, so I need like a 10% on the last exam to get an A in the course. I need a 42% to get an A in physics. I'm definitely not feeling overconfident about the physics final, however, as it's comprehensive and will cover an insane amount of material. Professor says he's going to have 10 questions on the final. No room for error.

Wishing everyone well on their finals. We're almost there!

Sorta stressing about the final. At least with bio. I'm doing well, but my study group is just driving me insane. Incredible amount of expectations that are increasingly difficult to fulfill.

Have a biochem tomorrow and it’s pretty BS. If I get like an 80% or something I get to skip the final. 11 chapters, 270+ slides... for 30 questions on the test. Buuuulllsh*t.

Have a Neuro exam tomorrow. Nervous but the professor is awesome so not too worried!!

You gotta be as chill as this guy behind me. He quite literally 50s ago opened a beer on the absolute quiet floor of the library while studying Anatomy. You'll be fine, just go in confident and close.