Quantcast

Financial Aid question for Canadians in U.S.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E. coli

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jul 14, 2005
Messages
136
Reaction score
0

Members don't see this ad.
For Canadians going to U.S. dental schools, can you share some of your experience in financing your education in U.S.? What kind of loans (banks, CanHelp) in Canada or U.S. did you take out and what were their terms?
 

TOdentist

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 5, 2005
Messages
119
Reaction score
0
E. coli said:
For Canadians going to U.S. dental schools, can you share some of your experience in financing your education in U.S.? What kind of loans (banks, CanHelp) in Canada or U.S. did you take out and what were their terms?

Hey check out the Royal Bank line of credit for professional students. They give you one for 150K at prime. Many cdns, including myself, took advantage of that.
 

orthodontist99

Junior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Nov 18, 2005
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
try national bank ( call montreal branch, Mr Perault) loan at prime
 

bluekty

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
orthodontist99 said:
try national bank ( call montreal branch, Mr Perault) loan at prime

How much were you able to get?
 

bluekty

Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Dec 10, 2003
Messages
86
Reaction score
0
orthodontist99 said:
try national bank ( call montreal branch, Mr Perault) loan at prime

How much were you able to get?
 

[email protected]

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Aug 26, 2005
Messages
114
Reaction score
0
I just checked with RBC and they are willing to give 150 G. Plus I might be able to get some from OSAP, not sure how much though.
 

isd121

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2003
Messages
121
Reaction score
0
I just checked with RBC and they are willing to give 150 G. Plus I might be able to get some from OSAP, not sure how much though.

Do RBC and Bank of Montreal require a cosigner or not ???

I called Scotia Bank, they give loan without cosigner to students who attend canadian universities...not U.S. (for US schools they ask for a cosigner).
 

TODDS2BE

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Jan 26, 2005
Messages
60
Reaction score
0
isd121 said:
Do RBC and Bank of Montreal require a cosigner or not ???

I called Scotia Bank, they give loan without cosigner to students who attend canadian universities...not U.S. (for US schools they ask for a cosigner).


I didnt ask them. I am going to call them and ask. I need to know it as well.
 

inquest

Member
10+ Year Member
Joined
Apr 21, 2006
Messages
61
Reaction score
0
can somebody pls tell me whether canadian permanent residents r also entitled to such loans for studying in US??....without a co signer...? and do we get permission to stay in US if our time in canada is not complete???
pls somebody reply to this..thanks




TODDS2BE said:
I didnt ask them. I am going to call them and ask. I need to know it as well.
 

llGSll K9

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Joined
Feb 27, 2006
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Can you guys share how much we can expect to get from the government since we are not attending a canadian school!! Are there better options than RBC and etc even if its in the US ..any help is greatly appreciated
 
Top