Financial Aid question for Canadians in U.S.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

E. coli

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For Canadians going to U.S. dental schools, can you share some of your experience in financing your education in U.S.? What kind of loans (banks, CanHelp) in Canada or U.S. did you take out and what were their terms?

Members don't see this ad.

E. coli said:
For Canadians going to U.S. dental schools, can you share some of your experience in financing your education in U.S.? What kind of loans (banks, CanHelp) in Canada or U.S. did you take out and what were their terms?

Hey check out the Royal Bank line of credit for professional students. They give you one for 150K at prime. Many cdns, including myself, took advantage of that.

try national bank ( call montreal branch, Mr Perault) loan at prime

Members don't see this ad :)
orthodontist99 said:

How much were you able to get?

orthodontist99 said:

How much were you able to get?

I just checked with RBC and they are willing to give 150 G. Plus I might be able to get some from OSAP, not sure how much though.

Todds2be@work said:
I just checked with RBC and they are willing to give 150 G. Plus I might be able to get some from OSAP, not sure how much though.

Do RBC and Bank of Montreal require a cosigner or not ???

I called Scotia Bank, they give loan without cosigner to students who attend canadian universities...not U.S. (for US schools they ask for a cosigner).

isd121 said:
Do RBC and Bank of Montreal require a cosigner or not ???

I called Scotia Bank, they give loan without cosigner to students who attend canadian universities...not U.S. (for US schools they ask for a cosigner).

I didnt ask them. I am going to call them and ask. I need to know it as well.

can somebody pls tell me whether canadian permanent residents r also entitled to such loans for studying in US??....without a co signer...? and do we get permission to stay in US if our time in canada is not complete???
pls somebody reply to this..thanks

TODDS2BE said:
I didnt ask them. I am going to call them and ask. I need to know it as well.

Can you guys share how much we can expect to get from the government since we are not attending a canadian school!! Are there better options than RBC and etc even if its in the US ..any help is greatly appreciated