Financial aid timeline for Texas medical schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SombreroJerome

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys

I am rising MS1, and as my title says, I am concerned about the financial aid timeline for Texas medical schools. Does anyone have experience applying for financial aid/loans (loans like Direct Plus, subsidized, or from the school) in Texas medical schools? When were your due dates? When did you hear back about how much you were getting? (and am I too late?)

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys

I am rising MS1, and as my title says, I am concerned about the financial aid timeline for Texas medical schools. Does anyone have experience applying for financial aid/loans (loans like Direct Plus, subsidized, or from the school) in Texas medical schools? When were your due dates? When did you hear back about how much you were getting? (and am I too late?)

Thanks

Your school will send you an award letter with aid amount sometime this month (As I understand award letters always come out sometime in April). You should've already applied for financial aid (if that's what you mean by being too late), and if you haven't applied yet get that done ASAP. And as for due dates, if you mean when you have to start paying back your loans that's not until the following year after you graduate or something.