financial aid !

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gppa715

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
honestly i was a little frightened. :scared:

i was reading about some dental schools in ADEA's "official guide to dental schools" and the financial aid section clearly states that the <b>range</b> of aid given for this particular year is $15,000~$50,000 (for example) and the <b>expense</b> section for the 1st year was like $60,000. (for e.g. again)

does this means i'm gonna have to shell out $10G from my pocket?

what means of financial aid did you use to pay for your dental school?

thanks !

Members don't see this ad.

most fin aid packages

stafford loans (unsub) + grad plus (you need to go to your bank for this)

most fin aid packages

stafford loans (unsub) + grad plus (you need to go to your bank for this)

TempleDMD, did you have to pay some amount out of your own bank account?

or did you use financial aid to cover all the expenses (tuition + supplies + living, etc) ??

thanks.

Members don't see this ad :)
i used fin. aid to cover all my expenses for Cost of Attendance (Tuition + Living + Supplies)

so, it's zero dollars out of pocket for you, but remember its NOT FREE MONEY...you will eventually have to pay it all back with interest

honestly i was a little frightened. :scared:

i was reading about some dental schools in ADEA's "official guide to dental schools" and the financial aid section clearly states that the <b>range</b> of aid given for this particular year is $15,000~$50,000 (for example) and the <b>expense</b> section for the 1st year was like $60,000. (for e.g. again)

does this means i'm gonna have to shell out $10G from my pocket?

what means of financial aid did you use to pay for your dental school?

thanks !

Financial aid is not going to limit you to 50k if your CoA is 60k. Financial aid prepares a "package" for you that covers up to the CoA. The "package" is a breakdown of grants, loans, family contribution, etc. The Grad Plus loan allows students to borrow up to the CoA.

I am using the stafford loan, grad plus loan, and health professional student loan to pay for dental school.

thank you templeDMD and loved !

Yes, the schools create a nice and neat little package for you. The hastle of it all is really taken out of the equation. all you have to do is sign away and grab your ankles.

Financial Aid paperwork is difficult to read and understand how the money gets to you. My financial aid office very specifically stated they've never had a student not able to complete school due to lack of money. There are ways of getting more money if needed. GRAD Plus loans are approved by the school if you show the need. And you always need more money than you think you will (story of my life).