Financing Medical School

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ScheringPlough

MS III--Go 'Gate
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering how you guys plan on financing your med school education. I know that personally I'm already in debt after going to a $35K/year private liberal arts college....

Members don't see this ad.

Every week I've been buying myself a Mass. Millions lottery ticket. If this strategy continues to prove unsuccessful, I'll have to take out loans.

pennslyvania merry money, i bought it for one dollar and i won one dollar.

the operative words: i won :rolleyes:

hopefully it gets better :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Loans, and the little money my fiance (she'll be my wife by the time I start) can contribute after paying for rent, car, food, etc.

am i the only one who is looking to finance almost all of my medical school expenses on loans?

I'll definitely have some substantial loans. I'll have my pharmD when I start, so maybe one or two days a month I'll be your local Target Pharmacist so I don't have to borrow SO much.

:(

Originally posted by TeinVI
am i the only one who is looking to finance almost all of my medical school expenses on loans?

nope, you are not alone...

loan, loan, loan, loan...for 4 straight years...

then i will be under big a.. debt

work my a.. off for next 10 years to pay off my debt and malpractice insurance to the hospital...

hmmm...lovely...

I'll be selling my soul to the Army. The upshot is that I will graduate with zero debt. Oh, and I'll get to shop tax-free at the PX/BX. The downside is that I'll have to do an Army residency and will be an Army doctor for 4 years after residency. May or may not be that much of a downside depending on your viewpoint.

Loans here unless I get into the MSTP which is what I really want but if not then I'll do the MD portion on loans and most of the grad programs I've looked out give you a stipend and free tuition so the PhD part shouldn't add too much to my debt.

I am now interviewing for 1 full time position for a Sugar Mommy for me. Applicants are suggested to PM me their annual salary. =)