FINCH and other MS programs' admission requirements?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

AstroDoc

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone
I am currently looking at various post-bacc/MS programs that feed students to their medical classes. Of particular interest is FINCH's program, i can hardly find any info on the program. What are the requirements for acceptance into the program. I'd like to see the stats of those who participated in it or are currently enrolled, thanks guys :)
Any other recommendations and suggestions will be helpful.
Also does anyone know of any other programs that specifically guarantee admission to their medical colleges upon successful completion?
Thanks in advance.

Members don't see this ad.

No advice fellow SDNer's? :(

awwhhh comeonnnnnnnnnnnn!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
For the Finch AP Program I am paraphrasing from their pamphlet:

You must have a baccalaureate degree or its equivalent

Must have completed at least one academic year in each of the following: (w/lab) biology or zoology, inorganic chem, organic chem, physics.

"Applicants are selected on the basis of previous academic work; adequate preparation in biological and physical sciences; GPA; scores on GRE or MCAT; recommendations form persons involved in the student's educational experience...and other factors as determined by the Graduate School...."

"While no minimum criteria for MCAT, GRE, or GPA are used in the admissions process, students with more substantial records and with demonstrable examples of achievement will have first priority for acceptance."

Hope that helps!

Here's the link to the actual info on Finch's website...

AP program

If you have any other questions...PM me. I'll try to give you an insider's view of the program.

dr. will i pm'ed you.

im surprised there arent many finch students on the board :rolleyes: or that they didnt wanna respond. :(

hi astro doc---as far as programs the one at finch is pretty good from what i have heard...i know a few people who got into the med school after the 1 yr post bacc...you need to have a 3.0 gpa at the end to be admitted. the other program that i know about is the one at drexel...it is 2 yrs but at my interview there i would say about 1/2 the people interviewing were from their own program (post bacc) so there is no gaurantee but they do take a lot of there own. i know tulane and georgetown also have programs that seem to take more of their own. also i am not sure if you are a ca resident but davis has one too but it is only for urms and so does ucsf but both are for urms. the thing is there is no for sure way to get into those two either but it does help alot for the next time you apply----drexel seems to be a popular one besides finch...

AstroDoc...do a search on the programs here and you should find a ton of info...I along with another posted a TON of info on the programs, etc last summer (June and July mostly) and I believe you should still be able to find it all. If you have any more specific questions feel free to PM me. I was in the MIS program last year, which is similar to the AP (just smaller) and am currently an M1 here now.

DesiMDHopeful,
what is your email? I have a few questions for you.
Thanks for the input.