Finch Nov 29th

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I am!
I haven't even gotten my ticket yet though - I'm in CA.
 
Cool!!! Just a warning, ticket prices have gone up tremendously. I went to www.orbitz.com and was able to get one for $270 but the prices just a couple of weeks ago were close to $200.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hmm. I just bought a ticket from O'Hare to LAX for the first week of Dec on American for $201. It was just on their web site, www.aa.com. Fares are still pretty damn low. Oh, and bring warm clothes. It is friggin' cold here (outside Chicago) today.

Good luck,

Adam
 
Could I ask you guys when your application was complete (including your AMCAS and secondary application)? Thanks.
 
My AMCAS was received 7/8
It was verified 10/11
Finch sent me the completed postcard 10/9 (that's the day I got it, I think it was complete 10/5 or something like that)
The interview request letter was postmarked 10/25.
 
Rumit - Thanks for the AA tip - I got my ticket for $231 (I could have waited a bit but I didn't want to chance a sudden fluctuation in price!). For those of you who are gonna be there, maybe we can grab a bite to eat the night before or something (I think I will stay at one of the hotels nearby - I would stay with a student, but I think I might want to get up early that morning and putz around on my own). I'll probably try and find some students to talk to the night before or something.

Is it snowing in Chicago yet?
 
OK, I just looked around for places to stay, and I think that I am going to try and contact a student - the places around there are a bit pricey, and the reservations people kept trying to raise the price!
 
Lucky for me I have family in Chicago. Unfortunately I have to make the long ride to Finch. If I were you I would stay with a student, they tend to be pretty cool and if you want to get up early and do your own thing,they usually don't mind.