Finding a date in medical school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
xylemera said:
I say branch out and meet some undergrad girls. They're definitely more available, are looking more for a good time, have less baggage, and will appreciate you more for who you are.

Moral of the story: Make sure you choose a medical school with an undergrad campus if you are a guy! You will thank yourself later. :laugh:

...and that's why I'm at USC => cutie joggers in tiny short shorts with the "USC" lettering on the butt and waist rolled over 3x. somebody pinch me!!!!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

haha, this room is definitely an eye catcher! A solution to a guys problem...pharmacy school (at least at USC) - 74% females...

muimui221 said:
haha, this room is definitely an eye catcher! A solution to a guys problem...pharmacy school (at least at USC) - 74% females...

especially if you like yellowtail sushi...ok, you sensitive types need to just take it easy and not get all worked up over that one.

Members don't see this ad :)
doctor7 said:
especially if you like yellowtail sushi...ok, you sensitive types need to just take it easy and not get all worked up over that one.
hmmm...did i miss something? Sorry, is that some dorky med school lingo? haha...j/k I don't get it...care to elaborate?!

muimui221 said:
hmmm...did i miss something? Sorry, is that some dorky med school lingo? haha...j/k I don't get it...care to elaborate?!

i think doctor7 means asian girls. Pharmacy types, though, i dunno...

CityIvy said:
wouldn't you like to know, Xmulder? ;)

Being coy, are we? Shy of the public eye? Nice...i get a girl who plays hard to get. :cool:

So on a scale of 1 to 10, you are: _____. (fill in the blank)
At least, gimme a tidbit about your hair. Long hair is money.

jmwalker said:
I recommend SDN. Yes, you heard right, the Student Dating Network.
:D

For every Neuronix there is a zuma, hazam, looksgoodonya, somefakename, kornfeld, and a partridge in a pear tree.

You were saying?

Are you people serious? I'm a 3rd year and while I haven't had a ton of time to get into a serious relationship, I date or hang out with girls fairly often. During years 1&2 we just hooked up with the nursing, PA, PT or other students. During 3rd year you have less time but it isn't too bad. At our hospital there are still a decent number of young, good-looking nurse-types to flirt with and meet for drinks. Otherwise you just go out when you can to happy hour, just a lot less late nights at the bars. I need to start doing the happy hour thing more often, probably more likely to meet other young professionals than when out until 2 a.m.

There's always your local high school. Plenty of girls there.

kedhegard said:
There's always your local high school. Plenty of girls there.
You know, in my group of friends (eh, more like a community), one guy recently got out of jail and one is about to go to jail for this.

Mr Reddly said:
You know, in my group of friends (eh, more like a community), one guy recently got out of jail and one is about to go to jail for this.

What kind of company do you keep? :wow:

Xmulder said:
Being coy, are we? Shy of the public eye? Nice...i get a girl who plays hard to get. :cool:

So on a scale of 1 to 10, you are: _____. (fill in the blank)
At least, gimme a tidbit about your hair. Long hair is money.

medium-long hair....PM me if you wanna know more....;)

Members don't see this ad :)
No Egrets said:
This thread is very encouraging to me, as a woman who will be entering med school this fall without a significant other and interested in making out with guys!
I can't seem to go anywhere on the board today without picturing that big mouthed dog making out with guys at the bar! :D :scared: :D

Haha you guys honestly think walking around the city in your white coat is going to get you any women!!! If you didn't have any game with the ladies in college all of a sudden wearing a white coat isn't going to get you much. I mean sure it's a conversation starter but anyways...

musicman1991 said:
Haha you guys honestly think walking around the city in your white coat is going to get you any women!!! If you didn't have any game with the ladies in college all of a sudden wearing a white coat isn't going to get you much. I mean sure it's a conversation starter but anyways...

Not that I advocate doing it, but walking around in a white coat does get you women. If you want to pretend that a large percentage of women are not attracted to wealth (much as a large percentage of men are attacted to beauty) you're being deliberately ignorant.

I'm not saying that, but I am in med school and I always saw the guys doing that and they never had any success. Who are you trying to impress? The girl that works in the drugstore or a professional who has as much qualifications as you?

Guys who do stuff like that don't care who they impress ...as long as they get to nail it that night. ;)

I also hate the spouses of physicians who always walk around talking loudly about their "husband/wife, the doctor". Shut up already!

kinetic said:
walking around in a white coat does get you women

Nooooooooo!! :eek:

Doing this makes you look like a pathetic big-headed self-important arse, and any girl in her right mind who sees you poncing about outside a hospital with a lab coat/stethoscope on will see you as just that. I despair whenever I see a doctor doing this - what a total ruin of an otherwise perfectly eligible man. Being pretentious won't get you any good kinds of women.
Unless of course fickle, shallow girls who are stupid enough to be impressed by posers are your thing ... ;)

ericdamiansean said:
problem with dating in med school is that after a while..you'll realise where all the pretty girls are...they are NOT in med school
and everyone's trying to study..though I have a gf, I really plan to keep her because it's so hard to meet someone nice here

... and here it is: the shallow nature of men... what?s inside does not matter, only what?s outside makes the difference. Ever wonder why so many doctors divorce?... after the infatuation runs out, there is really nothing left to keep them interested... and half of their income goes on child support and alimony... lucky for the PRETTY GIRLS I guess...

Yeah that whole "I'm in med school" thing rarely works. And if it does, you're attracting the wrong kind of girl. Of course women are attracted to money and power but who wants someone who is with you for only those two reasons? I'd like to think my sweet ass has something to do with the girl I'm dating...

Shane

footsie said:
Nooooooooo!! :eek:

Doing this makes you look like a pathetic big-headed self-important arse, and any girl in her right mind who sees you poncing about outside a hospital with a lab coat/stethoscope on will see you as just that. I despair whenever I see a doctor doing this - what a total ruin of an otherwise perfectly eligible man. Being pretentious won't get you any good kinds of women.
Unless of course fickle, shallow girls who are stupid enough to be impressed by posers are your thing ... ;)

Don't quote me out of context. I said "not that I advocate doing it ...BUT ..." And don't deny there are tons of women out there who would go ape for a guy who they learned was a doctor (whew! that syntax sucked).

Fritz said:
... and here it is: the shallow nature of men... what?s inside does not matter, only what?s outside makes the difference. Ever wonder why so many doctors divorce?... after the infatuation runs out, there is really nothing left to keep them interested... and half of their income goes on child support and alimony... lucky for the PRETTY GIRLS I guess...

What about the shallow nature of women? Women are worse because at least men KNOW they are dogs and just run after hot chicks. Women want to pretend that they would date Quasimodo if he would just be nice. Then they run around with some jerk-off who looks hot, get nailed a hundred ways from Sunday, then cry when they get dumped. Repeat cycle until woman is too old to attract hot guy. Then they hook up with the "nice guy" and rip on "sluts who are shallow" and say "maybe I made some mistakes in my past ...but I was young back then".

kinetic said:
What about the shallow nature of women? Women are worse because at least men KNOW they are dogs and just run after hot chicks. Women want to pretend that they would date Quasimodo if he would just be nice. Then they run around with some jerk-off who looks hot, get nailed a hundred ways from Sunday, then cry when they get dumped. Repeat cycle until woman is too old to attract hot guy. Then they hook up with the "nice guy" and rip on "sluts who are shallow" and say "maybe I made some mistakes in my past ...but I was young back then".

Men have created this "type" of women, but running after the first "hot chick" that shows up. Men with money and power go for the "trophy wife". To them it does not matter if the woman is intelligent, who cares!. As long as she is beautiful it does not really matter that she is stupid.

kinetic said:

By the way, most of the women would date "Quasimoto if he would just be nice", romantic preferably and responsible, supportive and loving, and not thinking about sex every moment of every day. Most women want reliable men, not "some jerk-off who looks hot". Who wants to be with a loser anyway? Women have to worry about raising kids, about their jobs. Who has time to get involved with an idiot, regardless of the fact that he looks hot? You can find guys everywhere, it is a lot harder finding a man!

So men are shallow. And if women are shallow, it's because men made them that way. I guess we're back to acknowledging that women are perfect. :rolleyes:

kinetic said:

Well, if you lined up all the men in whom I've been interested (and in whom I remained interested after getting to know them), they would have no physical characteristics in common, and few personality traits. However, they would all be very intelligent. I wish I could say that they were all decent guys, but that's where the "I've made some mistakes" part comes in.

Now, if you were to line up all the guys that I initially found attractive but in whom I lost interest after a conversation or two, those men would probably conform more to a single physical type.

Of course, I am probably the age where you'd say I'm too old to attract the so-called hot guy. Fair enough. Am I bitter about it? Not really. There's a dynamic among women that men just don't understand. If a guy is attractive to women and behaves decently toward them, and is also intelligent and able to be "one of the guys", other men will admire him. If a woman is attractive to men and behaves decently toward them, is intelligent and also likes to do girly stuff, other women will do their best to rip on her and tear her down, both to her face and behind her back. The envy of other women is really not something you want. And I don't think men understand how that dynamic becomes more important as you get older and the consequences of that envy get more serious.

Samoa said:
And I don't think men understand how that dynamic becomes more important as you get older and the consequences of that envy get more serious.

It gets worse for you girls as you get older? That really sucks!

-Ice

kinetic said:

tru dat! this is the best post i've seen on this thread...holla!

+pity+

kinetic said:
Not that I advocate doing it, but walking around in a white coat does get you women. If you want to pretend that a large percentage of women are not attracted to wealth (much as a large percentage of men are attacted to beauty) you're being deliberately ignorant.

I think women are attracted to personality/character more than they are to money. Don't get me wrong, money will help to open the door for you. But without personality, they will just stick around to milk you without giving you what you want from them. I just figured this out recently!

proph...

kinetic said:

Used to think the same way too! For you to really understand this whole male/female dynamics, think EVOLUTION. Men are attracted to hot chicks and women are attracted to confident/cocky/arrogant men.

Most women like "jerks" simple because jerks understand the whole attraction games (whether concious or unconcious). Women are not attracted to "nice guys" because thy lack confident/cockiness are some other attractive qualities.

proph...

Samoa said:
Well, if you lined up all the men in whom I've been interested (and in whom I remained interested after getting to know them), they would have no physical characteristics in common, and few personality traits. However, they would all be very intelligent. I wish I could say that they were all decent guys, but that's where the "I've made some mistakes" part comes in.

Now, if you were to line up all the guys that I initially found attractive but in whom I lost interest after a conversation or two, those men would probably conform more to a single physical type.

Of course, I am probably the age where you'd say I'm too old to attract the so-called hot guy. Fair enough. Am I bitter about it? Not really. There's a dynamic among women that men just don't understand. If a guy is attractive to women and behaves decently toward them, and is also intelligent and able to be "one of the guys", other men will admire him. If a woman is attractive to men and behaves decently toward them, is intelligent and also likes to do girly stuff, other women will do their best to rip on her and tear her down, both to her face and behind her back. The envy of other women is really not something you want. And I don't think men understand how that dynamic becomes more important as you get older and the consequences of that envy get more serious.

Hey,
I don't know how old you are but I like your post! Some guys will probably not understand what the heck you are talking about.

I used to get frustrated a lot dealing with the opposite sex only to find out that i didnt really understand the dynamics and what attracts women. I think I love the "game" now.

Again, I believe that money/good looks open the door for guys. It is personality that actually keeps a girl's attention.

proph...

This isn't going to score me many points here, but are many guys interested in dating female med students? In other words, would you marry another doctor?

I'm looking for a housewife down the road, to be honest. Not a trophy wife, but a woman who will enjoy the opportunity to stay at home to be with our kids.

I'd have serious reservations dating a career woman. I guess medicine is better than law (I just dropped out of law school) in that female doctors are able to work part-time and have time to be with the kids.

With that said, the ideal combination would be to have a wife who would split the part-time hours with you. I'd work part-time and have a wife who worked part-time if we could pull that gig.

Here's an idea for you. Both do surg at the same place. They way, you can sneak in PDAs while working. Get a live in maid for the house and a nanny for the kids. :p

Or, find a girl that wants to work full time, and you work part time... Ohhhhh, I think I like that one the best! "Any future full time female surgeons out there? I'm available!" :smuggrin:

prophecy2 said:
Used to think the same way too! For you to really understand this whole male/female dynamics, think EVOLUTION. Men are attracted to hot chicks and women are attracted to confident/cocky/arrogant men.

Most women like "jerks" simple because jerks understand the whole attraction games (whether concious or unconcious). Women are not attracted to "nice guys" because thy lack confident/cockiness are some other attractive qualities.

proph...

OK, I can agree with that. I just think it's funny that women don't get this - and I know this will get women mad at me, so please read past the next few words - WOMEN are the ones responsible for male jerkiness. (Pause for explosion.) OK, here is why. As much as guys hate to admit it, women are the ones in control of things because guys usually think 90% with their genitals and 10% with their minds (women usually go 65%/35% I think - the ratio changes with age in women, but not with guys :D ). In most cases women are the ones picking the guys MORE SO than vice versa. That means women are selecting which traits they would like to maintain in the male population. In other words, if 50 guys go around urinating on women in public and the other 50 treat women nicely, LOGIC says that the former will not get any women and will die out. But that does not follow (based on observation, not scientific proof). Men continue to be "pigs" and "shallow" (at least women say that), but guess what? Women continue to sleep with these guys! WTF? I get the whole "well, nice guys are nice, but man are they boring on a Saturday night" thing ...but then don't blame Mr. Nice Guy!

And don't jump to any conclusions about me. I like intelligent and independent women and I'm not a slave to attractiveness (i.e., I would not date or even sleep with Angelina Jolie because I think she's messed up in the head). I'm not a 'player' and I hate stupid-but-attractive women.

freaker said:
This isn't going to score me many points here, but are many guys interested in dating female med students? In other words, would you marry another doctor?

I'm looking for a housewife down the road, to be honest. Not a trophy wife, but a woman who will enjoy the opportunity to stay at home to be with our kids.

I'd have serious reservations dating a career woman. I guess medicine is better than law (I just dropped out of law school) in that female doctors are able to work part-time and have time to be with the kids.

With that said, the ideal combination would be to have a wife who would split the part-time hours with you. I'd work part-time and have a wife who worked part-time if we could pull that gig.

I feel the exact same way. I have no problem going part-time if my wife wants to work part-time too. I just want to make sure the kids have a parent raising them (at least until they hit middle school). If there aren't any women in medicine open to this, there are plenty of other great women who would be willing to stay at home or do the part-time thing.

This forum seems to have been sidetracked to discussing dating philosophies/men vs. women, and away from the OP's subject of dating in med school. Can we go back to the original topic at hand?

freaker said:

working part-time is exactly what i want to do... as long as it is financially feasible. so i think marrying another doctor and having us both work part time would be ideal. although, i must say i am apprehensive about the idea of marrying someone else interested in the exact same stuff as me... it's be hard to learn new stuff and be exposed to anything new.

It really bothers me to hear so many guys complaining that women are so shallow and only interested in money. In the next breath they say that they'd like to meet a nice attractive girl who will stay home with the kids. Personally a guys wealth in of less than nominal importance to me precisely because I plan to have a career myself. A guy's looks may get his foot in the door, but if he doesn't have substance, compassion, and a great sense of humor I won't be going out with him for long. Personally I would consider a man in social work to be a highly attractive canidate, at least you know he has a good heart.You may think I'm full of cr@p, but I'm telling the truth.
Okay, but these guys who are complaining, aren't going to be interested in me because I want to have a career and am not even commited to having kids. Fine, to each their own. But think about this, if you're looking for a woman who wants to be a stay at home mom, of course she's going to be focused on money. If she doesn't marry a man with a large income how can she stay home with the kids?
So stop generalizing and saying that all women are shallow, and are only interested in a man's money, because that's just not true. The real problem is that the TYPE of Woman you're interested in are focused on a guys money!
You complain about women going for badboys, but as far as I'm concerned you're doing the same thing by choosing to go for the gold-diggers. It's your right to make that choice, but then don't complain that you're dating a woman who's just interested in your money and then come on here and say it's true of her and this other girl I dated, therefor it's true of ALL women. Even if I'm the only one who isn't, then it's not ALL women.

Celestron2000 said:
It really bothers me to hear so many guys complaining that women are so shallow and only interested in money. In the next breath they say that they'd like to meet a nice attractive girl who will stay home with the kids. Personally a guys wealth in of less than nominal importance to me precisely because I plan to have a career myself. A guy's looks may get his foot in the door, but if he doesn't have substance, compassion, and a great sense of humor I won't be going out with him for long. Personally I would consider a man in social work to be a highly attractive canidate, at least you know he has a good heart.You may think I'm full of cr@p, but I'm telling the truth.
Okay, but these guys who are complaining, aren't going to be interested in me because I want to have a career and am not even commited to having kids. Fine, to each their own. But think about this, if you're looking for a woman who wants to be a stay at home mom, of course she's going to be focused on money. If she doesn't marry a man with a large income how can she stay home with the kids?
So stop generalizing and saying that all women are shallow, and are only interested in a man's money, because that's just not true. The real problem is that the TYPE of Woman you're interested in are focused on a guys money!
You complain about women going for badboys, but as far as I'm concerned you're doing the same thing by choosing to go for the gold-diggers. It's your right to make that choice, but then don't complain that you're dating a woman who's just interested in your money and then come on here and say it's true of her and this other girl I dated, therefor it's true of ALL women. Even if I'm the only one who isn't, then it's not ALL women.

We're generalizing and it may not be true with EVERYONE. But it's funny how women want to pretend it's apparently not true for ANYONE. If you talk to women, NO woman is interested in money or looks. They're all into personality and character. :rolleyes: Like I said, guys are pigs and go for young hot women. No question. But at the very least you know it - there's none of this "I don't care if a woman has a great ass, nice breasts, a kick ass face, and is rich ...I just want someone with a nice personality." Why do we go for gold-diggers? Because they're the ones who look good - you can't be a successful gold-digger if you're ugly!

kinetic said:
We're generalizing and it may not be true with EVERYONE. But it's funny how women want to pretend it's apparently not true for ANYONE. If you talk to women, NO woman is interested in money or looks. They're all into personality and character. :rolleyes: Like I said, guys are pigs and go for young hot women. No question. But at the very least you know it - there's none of this "I don't care if a woman has a great ass, nice breasts, a kick ass face, and is rich ...I just want someone with a nice personality." Why do we go for gold-diggers? Because they're the ones who look good - you can't be a successful gold-digger if you're ugly!

My point exactly, while you don't deny that all of the men are shallow, you argue that some women, the beautiful ones are gold-diggers, and thus shallow. The rest of them, as I said before, are not shallow. With your attitude you will probably get one big gold-digger, and if she left you after three years, I would not be surprised at all.
Good luck finding a spouse.
Fritz.

Let's start another thread on this because this is really far from what the OP has asked.

Fritz.

kinetic said:

yeah, good luck finding happiness with a gold-digger.

Persistence101 said:
Yeah, good luck finding happiness with a gold-digger.

Again, proof. Women are fine when guys admit that men are pigs (note none of these objective women are defending men). But they can't stand to admit that women are the same. Women are saints and perfect, apparently.

kinetic said:
Again, proof. Women are fine when guys admit that men are pigs (note none of these objective women are defending men). But they can't stand to admit that women are the same. Women are saints and perfect, apparently.

You fail to identify that women come in all sorts of different packages. If you settle for the gold-diggers, then that is all you will get.

kinetic said:
If you talk to women, NO woman is interested in money or looks. They're all into personality and character. :rolleyes: Like I said, guys are pigs and go for young hot women. No question. But at the very least you know it - there's none of this "I don't care if a woman has a great ass, nice breasts, a kick ass face, and is rich ...I just want someone with a nice personality."

It's certainly true that most women care about looks, just like it's probably true that most men's heads are turned by "a great ass, nice breasts, a kick ass face", but I have to believe that there are guys out there who ultimately are interested in much more than the external package especially when deciding who they want to spend the rest of their lives with, I know I am. If I am, in fact, delusional and all men are pigs as you say, then I will happily settle for being an old maid the rest of my life. After all, looks fade... quickly. Things sag...

A great personality a sharp mind and a good heart will pretty much last a life time if nouished. :love:

Things sag? ARGH! I don't want to hear that! :p

Hee hee hee.