Finding a date in medical school.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

skidmark

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I hadn't had trouble dating girls until i started med school last fall. There is absolutely no available women in my class that I would date (most have boyfriends or are married). I don't really want a girlfriend, just someone who would have dinner and a movie with me. Darn, it can't be that hard. It just seems alot more difficult w school going on. It has come to the point where I have decided to move in w/ two girls (they both have boyfriends) not only to save money but to have a better opportunity of meeting other girls outside school. Any advice? Or does anyone else share this problem?

Members don't see this ad.

Ah yes, welcome to the dating hell that med school is (assuming you didn't already have a significant other).

Yeah, I know what you mean.

There are some nice looking girls in my class, but they're too close for comfort if you get my drift. I say branch out and meet some undergrad girls. They're definitely more available, are looking more for a good time, have less baggage, and will appreciate you more for who you are.

Moral of the story: Make sure you choose a medical school with an undergrad campus if you are a guy! You will thank yourself later. Trust me. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I know this is off topic, but most women in med school are sexual predators. Never piss off a chick. Never.

cmz said:
I know this is off topic, but most women in med school are sexual predators. Never piss off a chick. Never.
That may be off topic, but.... YOU HAVE GOT TO EXPLAIN IT... Don't just leave me hangin here!
hanged.gif

Wear your white coat to the next frat party and leave with two drunken sorostitutes.

skidmark said:
I hadn't had trouble dating girls until i started med school last fall. There is absolutely no available women in my class that I would date (most have boyfriends or are married). I don't really want a girlfriend, just someone who would have dinner and a movie with me. Darn, it can't be that hard. It just seems alot more difficult w school going on. It has come to the point where I have decided to move in w/ two girls (they both have boyfriends) not only to save money but to have a better opportunity of meeting other girls outside school. Any advice? Or does anyone else share this problem?

if u dont really want a girlfriend then it cant be serious, so it shouldnt be a problem, hang out with non med students maybe?

True, I don't want a girlfriend, but someone I could make-out with would be nice.

This thread is very encouraging to me, as a woman who will be entering med school this fall without a significant other and interested in making out with guys!

Reactions: 1 user
My wife is a high school teacher.... I think I would go nuts if she were in the medical profession. I already have too many friends that stress me out because all they can talk about is medicine. Trust me, find someone outside the profession.

First of all, I'm a girl :D ....here is my advice for ya:

1) I wouldn't date ppl in my class, cuz then I'll be stuck with them until rotations if things don't work out 2) e-mail your whole class to go out to dinner 3) start a movie club 4) hang out with the nursing or public health students more 5) go to parties

:love: And oh yeah...it will probably be easier to find a gf than a makeout buddy if you're a guy. If you are a girl, then it's the other way around. :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
azzarah said:
:love: And oh yeah...it will probably be easier to find a gf than a makeout buddy if you're a guy. If you are a girl, then it's the other way around. :laugh:
such a wise statement

Xylemera,

I'm at UPitt dental just across the street from you if you're in the med school...feel free to PM me... :D

Even better if you're single...but it's all good ;)

Hot-n-Aml

On the other hand, husband/radiologist + wife/anestesiologist = $$$$$

Hey there Hot-n-Aml,

I actually know someone from Mississauga! What a small world. Yeah, I actually spent some time in Salk Hall earlier this semester looking for summer research. Awesome facilities and nice curves all around I must say. :laugh:

Dental's not bad too. I see you guys all the time at Peterson or in the cafeteria. We make cracks about you dental students as I'm sure you do about us medical students. It's all good though. We need some way to keep sane I guess. Feel free to PM me if you want to talk some more, but at your own risk. :D

Revised Moral: Go undergrad or dental, or go mental.

I recommend SDN. Yes, you heard right, the Student Dating Network.
:D

How about:

husband/surgeon + wife/med mal attorney = $$$$$-- plus, your wife can put you through medical school AND defend you if you're sued.

(I keep telling my fiancee' he's got it good) :laugh:

"This thread is very encouraging to me, as a woman who will be entering med school this fall without a significant other and interested in making out with guys!"

I'm jazzed too! Can't wait to meet cute guys at MCW this Fall. :)

kase said:
How about:

husband/surgeon + wife/med mal attorney = $$$$$-- plus, your wife can put you through medical school AND defend you if you're sued.

(I keep telling my fiancee' he's got it good) :laugh:

Now, that is a plan. I've gotta get home and tell my girlfriend she has to be a lawyer now.

Oh good lord, don't do that to the girl. Lawyers are about as impossible to live with as are med students. ;)

To skidmark,

Three words my friend: match-dot-com.

Three more: friends-dot-com.

You can specify that you're not looking for anything serious, and people will respond.

Good luck,
H&T

never hanged out at this forum before (mostly at pre-MSTP or pre-Allo) and this is what jumped right up to me when i entered. you guys are too hilarious. watch out, I'll be there this fall. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

PS: am single too.

Let's take a poll. How many single girls out there are just interested in making out...haha!

Cheers to being single in medical school. :clap:

mmm....I wouldn't mind a smooch session from a cute fellow med student!! ;) :oops: :D

Disenchanted 1 said:
mmm....I wouldn't mind a smooch session from a cute fellow med student!! ;) :oops: :D

I totally agree. :)

Hot-diggity!

You two are welcome in my med school class anytime. :D Yeah, I heard that as long as emotions don't get in the way, that's one sure-fire way to relieve stress, but who has time for emotions in med school anyways. ;) As I heard time and time again, just get in and get out...haha! :smuggrin:

I'm sure there are more of you closet smoochers out there...Rise my fellow smoochers, rise! :laugh:

Join a club in the undergrad campus. Meet some girls there, and ask them to go watch a movie. Girls love guys who arent pushy, especially if they're in medical school (implies they are intelligent people who are not bums). This is coming from a pimp.

If your a guy, and dig med school groupies, then I'd reccomend going bowling or to a ball game in your white coat and scrubs. Chics dig that. I always keep my stethescope around my neck when I go out to eat too, in case I meet any hot girls there that like the whole "I'm a rich doctor, and I can write you anything you want baby!" deal.

xylemera said:
Hot-diggity!

You two are welcome in my med school class anytime. :D Yeah, I heard that as long as emotions don't get in the way, that's one sure-fire way to relieve stress, but who has time for emotions in med school anyways. ;) As I heard time and time again, just get in and get out...haha! :smuggrin:

I'm sure there are more of you closet smoochers out there...Rise my fellow smoochers, rise! :laugh:

hmmmm...... :laugh: ;)

What's with the "hmmmm"? You a closet smoocher too Hot-n-Aml? or you just prefer to stay in the closet? :laugh:

xylemera said:
What's with the "hmmmm"? You a closet smoocher too Hot-n-Aml? or you just prefer to stay in the closet? :laugh:

Don't you seem eager to know.... :laugh:

Should I confess on a public forum????? Naahhhhh.....I think you'll have to find out for yourself ;)

Well I just figured this forum can be professional school's rendition of the Jerry Springer show, where it's easier for people to admit to certain things in public than in private...lol :laugh:

Even though I figured you wouldn't say, I thought I give it a shot...lol. You never know unless you ask. :D

problem with dating in med school is that after a while..you'll realise where all the pretty girls are...they are NOT in med school
and everyone's trying to study..though I have a gf, I really plan to keep her because it's so hard to meet someone nice here

You wouldn't imagine how impossible it is for a girl to find a date in med school too! I began med school with a boyfriend but now that I'm single once again I've noticed that all the guys are taken or were snagged pretty quick in the beginning. Now 2nd year is coming to an end and I'm still surfing the single's wave. I'm destined to be old, lonely, and have 61 cats whose names all consist of variations of "Milfred." What's a girl to do. I've tried branching out to non-med school affiliated peeps at bars/bookstores but it's tough finding people with similar interests. Eharmony.com here I come?

LadyInWhite said:
You wouldn't imagine how impossible it is for a girl to find a date in med school too! I began med school with a boyfriend but now that I'm single once again I've noticed that all the guys are taken or were snagged pretty quick in the beginning. Now 2nd year is coming to an end and I'm still surfing the single's wave. I'm destined to be old, lonely, and have 61 cats whose names all consist of variations of "Milfred." What's a girl to do. I've tried branching out to non-med school affiliated peeps at bars/bookstores but it's tough finding people with similar interests. Eharmony.com here I come?

Post up your pic baby If yas decent lookin I might be able to help you out, just so happens Im in NY and will be for a while

LadyInWhite said:

Where in NY are you in med school? I am in a similar boat in NY now.

jmwalker said:
I recommend SDN. Yes, you heard right, the Student Dating Network.
:D

Looks like the Student DATING Network is in full effect...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyInWhite

um, i can totally relate to what you're going through.....sigh....
hehe, any cute, eligible guys in the tri state area or philly? :laugh:

CityIvy said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyInWhite

um, i can totally relate to what you're going through.....sigh....
hehe, any cute, eligible guys in the tri state area or philly? :laugh:

That depends...are you hot? maybe you can send over your stats.

Xmulder said:
That depends...are you hot? maybe you can send over your stats.

wouldn't you like to know, Xmulder? ;)

ericdamiansean said:
problem with dating in med school is that after a while..you'll realise where all the pretty girls are...they are NOT in med school . . .

Darn right-- they're in LAW SCHOOL. :D

I can't wait to get sued by all those fine looking lawyers

Reactions: 1 users
AMPage said:
I can't wait to get sued by all those fine looking lawyers

No, silly. Pull a "medic8m" and latch onto a med mal defense attorney. ;)

ha! I'm originally from NYC but go to school in Philly. Student Dating Network? I dunno about that!

I say don't give up on your fellow classmates too early. I'm marrying one of mine this December. :love:

Yeah, XMulder has the right idea. What are the stats of all you hunnies out there? (And I'm not talking about MCAT scores :laugh: )