Finding addresses for thank you letters?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

souled394

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I know it's customary to send thank you letters (I'm assuming a physical card / letter), but how do you find out where to send them to? Would you just send them all to the address of the admissions committee or would you ask a secretary for individual addresses of interviewers?

Members don't see this ad.

either faculty directory or often they give you a business card after the interview

I personally asked for the e-mail addresses of my interviewers (if they didn't give it to me already), and e-mailed them the thank you notes instead of sending physical cards in. You could also send them to the admissions office and request that they be forwarded to your interviewers.

Although sending in physical cards would be a nice touch, I think it's perfectly fine to send thank you letters by e-mail.

Members don't see this ad :)
do you guys think it would be overkill to send a thank you email and then a physical card?

Sending just a thank you note by e-mail only is sufficient. From an article written by a real med school adcom: "It doesn’t matter if you send emails or handwritten notes, but you should show gratitude to the people you met with during interview day." See: http://www.usnews.com/education/blo...ite-a-medical-school-interview-thank-you-note

I really really doubt that not sending a physical card in addition to an e-mail thank you note would make the difference between you being admitted and not.