Finish secondaries after mcat?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

futuredoc123456

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi guys! I take my mcat on Aug 24th and I am starting to get secondaries from schools. Is it okay if I wait to start my secondaries once I'm done with my MCAT? It's so stressful doing both at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys! I take my mcat on Aug 24th and I am starting to get secondaries from schools. Is it okay if I wait to start my secondaries once I'm done with my MCAT? It's so stressful doing both at the same time

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You received a secondary without an mcat score?

Members don't see this ad :)
Not sure youll have to seek out somebody else. Generally the rule of thumb is apply the earlier the better but the MCAT is probably more important. If it were me though, i would take a few days, finish all apps then focus only on MCAT until test day.

Why not work on secondaries while you wait for your mcat score? Makes no sense to work on them, if it hurts your chances to receive an optimal score.

Why not work on secondaries while you wait for your mcat score? Makes no sense to work on them, if it hurts your chances to receive an optimal score.

This. Since getting your score back takes approx. 30 days, this would be an excellent time to work on secondaries. For now, focus on studying the the exam itself.