Finished.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Immuno-guy

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for all the advice. Now here is some of mine: Book the DAT. I left it far too long and ended up with a steady state of learning and forgetting. I was studying perhaps 10-12 hours a week (after work and on weekends).

I've been out of college for 6 years so a lot of it was overwhelming, despite a few graduate classes. I used Kaplan, DAT Achiever, Topscore and several Kaplan tests (thanks to those who posted them). All were a help. Achiever was hard. I averaged 18 on the 1st and while the other two were incomplete (who cares about the reading section?) they were likey 16 -18 not good. The PAT was particularly hard on these. Topscore was a good representation. As was Kaplan.

Kaplan Bio was nearly enough. Shaums Bio, while a pleasure to read, was of little benefit. Kaplan was good all round. Pay attention to details in org and chem.

My results were modest by SDN standards but compare well to those of current UIC students. (except that I'm terrible with math, but still on the threshold of acceptability).

PAT 18
QR 15(!)
RC 19
BIO 18
CHEM 20
ORG 18
TS 19
AA 18

Not great, but average, which means they let in less. Fine by me.

I'll also have a Ph.D in immunology (3.05 GPA) and a winning smile on my side.
Any thoughts?

Good luck people. It is not that bad. You can do it!

Members don't see this ad.

I'd say having a PhD probably helps you a bit.

nice scores...good luck.

Congrats! I am sure your Ph.D will help. Best of luck!

Thanks for your support. I'm meeting with the UIC admissions lady tomorrow (Wednesday). She has been great. Ann Sharrock. Very friendly, helpful, and encouraging. More than I dared hope for.

We'll see.

Good luck, and again, it's not that bad.