• Pharmacy Job Market Webinar

Are you considering applying to pharmacy school but are concerned about job prospects when you graduate? Join us on Wednesday, July 28th at 8 PM Eastern to hear from three PharmDs about their experiences and options outside of retail pharmacy.

usm

Air
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
CT
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Hello!
I am retaking the nbde part I, to get a higher score.
I was told about a book, first aid for the nbde, that is suposed to be good.
I wonder if anybody has that book, and if they can tell me more about it.
There is supposed to be a part that is good for remembering eruption times, some kind of formula. Can someone tell me that formula? it is just to get an idea of how the book is approaching the material so that I can buy it with confidence...
thank you!

1992Corolla

CheerioKing
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Sep 19, 2005
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
ake the following comment as it was coming from a D! who has never studied or taken the boards part I.

I looked through the first aid book for about 30 minutes at our health science bookstore and it seemed like a pretty basic book. It was less than an inch thick and looked ideal for a quick review.

I think if it is coupled with decks and back tests or unreleased questions then a good score can be met.

usm

Air
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
CT
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
Thanks, right now i will concentrate on the decks, i am a little bit confused on how should i study them...one of my friends only memorized the questions, and another is trying to memorize the back...we are from latin america, and first we do not have multiple choice questions, the exams are essay type...
how should i study for a multiple choice question...it is true that we should memorize the question and answer and just read the back...?
HELP!!!:confused: :scared:
i think this is my main problem...i do not know how to study...:oops:

About the Ads

Motown

Face the Music
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Sep 7, 2006
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The questions on Dental Decks are very basic - formulated to assist you in recalling information that you should already know. Memorizing the question and answer would be an unbelievable waste of time because the questions on NDBE are different and more difficult - you should memorize (or at least be very familiar with) the information on the backs of the cards. Best of luck on your studies.

usm

Air
10+ Year Member
Feb 7, 2007
CT
Status (Visible)
  1. Non-Student
thanks...
that is what i told my friend...memorizing the front of the card? what if the questions are not the same...whch they are not so far, at least on the test that i got.
fortunatelly what i am doing, is trying to recall the important thing on the back of the card, just as if it was a book...so i am on the right track...:thumbup:
thanks so much!:D

OMFSdoc

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 2, 2005
Status (Visible)
do the decks 2 times and on the second time through, pull out the cards that you don't know well yet and do only them a third time. Also do old exams. This was what I did years ago and it worked out very well.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 14 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.