First those scumbags at Post discontinued Oreo Os.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now the sons of bitches at Malt O Meal have discontinued the second greatest cereal ever made.

RIP, sweet prince.

8b0ba83b-3f47-45e9-9094-299c7e2caeec_1.db08f4f0c68459a755bd74819446261b.jpeg

I thought maybe my local Walmart just stopped carrying it. So I contact MO'M. No, the ****ers just stopped making it. And guess what the **** else?!?! Malt O Meal was bought out. And who bought them out? The Nazi asshats at Post. Is nothing sacred? What the hell do we have left now? Cinnamon Toast Crunch? I'll give it its due, it's okay. I go to it when I'm in a bind at the free hotel breakfast buffet. Waffle Crisp used to be the bomb until the dinguses at, you guessed it, Post, reformulated it and now it tastes like ass. Rice Crispy Treats is decent, but the end-bowl sogg factor keeps it from greatness. That and I can never find it anywhere.

What the hell is wrong with the stupid company? They either produce or acquire the freaking nectar of the gods in breakfast cereal form and they just axe them. Someone needs to do something about this great scourge of the Earth. I'm so god damned pissed off right now.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 6 users
This is a sad day for breakfast eaters everywhere. :(

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I only buy Great Grains cranberry almond and I drizzle natural peanut butter all over it with skim milk. YUM

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Keep it simple, go with cold pizza for breakfast.

I guess BooBerry has the monopoly on blue cereal now.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

If you're looking for a good, sugary cereal and don't want to support Post, I highly recommend these bad boys...

Attachments

• GMRP.jpg
    GMRP.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 72
Reactions: 2 users
OP, you made my day with this "post."

Reactions: 2 users
I never have had the muffin tops as well, never heard of them either. With a name like muffin tops I'm pretty depressed about it. Sounds glorious

Members don't see this ad :)
If anyone is still missing Oreo O's like crazy, I found out that Malt-O-Meal makes a cereal that is VERY close to the original called Cookies & Cream that's available at Walmart. Turns out it's made by a subsidiary of the South Korean Dongsuh Food Company that acquired the rights and recipe to produce Oreo O's. Only difference is that the cereal doesn't have marshmallows and it has frosting on the O's. But it's still good!

Attachments

• MaltoMeal_CookiesCream_Productshot.png
    MaltoMeal_CookiesCream_Productshot.png
    216.8 KB · Views: 67
If you ever go to South Korea they still Oreo O's there. Or you can pay out the nose and get them on eBay (from Korea).

Ok...SO.

I got the cereal.

Not only is it Oreo O's, but its the American Oreo O's. It's almost the same recipe. Which makes sense being as though Post bought MO'M. Which is exciting..the Korean Oreo O's, while delicious...were missing something. I couldn't put my finger on it. Possibly the fact that they floated over an ocean on a ship in questionable conditions. Who knows. But this tastes closer to the original Oreo O's, IMO. Not 100%....but close enough.

But it makes me wonder...why the hell can't they just put the marshmallows in? They are so close. Even when Post finally decides to not **** things up, they figure out how to **** things up. I'm going to buy some of those little marshmallows that you can buy for hot chocolate and toss it in and see how it does. I know Kraft owns the Oreo O's name...and that's fine...but they don't own the recipe. Just toss some marshmallows in there, man. Come on. You can do it. You're so god damned close.

But, I got to say, good looking out. I'm a happy Mikey this afternoon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Ok...SO.

I got the cereal.

Not only is it Oreo O's, but its the American Oreo O's. It's almost the same recipe. Which makes sense being as though Post bought MO'M. Which is exciting..the Korean Oreo O's, while delicious...were missing something. I couldn't put my finger on it. Possibly the fact that they floated over an ocean on a ship in questionable conditions. Who knows. But this tastes closer to the original Oreo O's, IMO. Not 100%....but close enough.

But it makes me wonder...why the hell can't they just put the marshmallows in? They are so close. Even when Post finally decides to not **** things up, they figure out how to **** things up. I'm going to buy some of those little marshmallows that you can buy for hot chocolate and toss it in and see how it does. I know Kraft owns the Oreo O's name...and that's fine...but they don't own the recipe. Just toss some marshmallows in there, man. Come on. You can do it. You're so god damned close.

But, I got to say, good looking out. I'm a happy Mikey this afternoon.
Have you tried writing to the company? At the very least you will get coupons and maybe some samples of new stuff, but maybe if enough people do so they will make the change.

Have you tried writing to the company? At the very least you will get coupons and maybe some samples of new stuff, but maybe if enough people do so they will make the change.

I sent them a series of obscenity laden tirades when they discontinued it back in 2005 or so.

Last edited:
It says only for 3 months...better stock up!!

I bought a box last week to compare it to Cookies n' Cream and I've gotta say that they taste oddly different despite the same company producing them. The re-released Oreo-O's taste like they're more sweet with a bit less chocolate flavor; however they are about 5 cents cheaper per ounce than the Cookies n' Cream bagged cereal. I prefer Malt O Meal, just hope it stays around once Oreo-O's stops production again.

WHAT THE ****, POST! YOU SON OF BITCHES! THEY FORGOT THE DAMNED MARSHMALLOWS!

**calms down**

God damn POST. Seriously. Why do they exist?!?!

**calms down more**

Ok. So it's the same basically thing as the Malt O Meal brand. Which ISN'T bad. DON'T GET ME WRONG. But it's NOT Oreo O's. What a bunch of half assed bastards. You bring out these faux O's just to mock all of us desperately pleading with you to bring the real deal back. Typical Post. It is that god damned hard? Marshmallows. Include them. You are ****ing with one of the giants of cereal. Why do you have to besmirch its name? It's Oreo O's god dammit. Not Trix or Life. Oreo. ****ing. Os. Its the greatest cereal in the history of mankind. A hallowed history of great taste, great texture, and increased diabetes. You have a legacy to uphold. If Showtime can let David Lynch go full-on schizophrenia on the new season of Twin Peaks to fulfill his artistic vision, can't you dimwitted ****s include some God damned marshmallows to fulfill the original effing recipe?

God damn you, Post. God damn you to hell.

WHAT THE ****, POST! YOU SON OF BITCHES! THEY FORGOT THE DAMNED MARSHMALLOWS!

**calms down**

God damn POST. Seriously. Why do they exist?!?!

**calms down more**

Ok. So it's the same basically thing as the Malt O Meal brand. Which ISN'T bad. DON'T GET ME WRONG. But it's NOT Oreo O's. What a bunch of half assed bastards. You bring out these faux O's just to mock all of us desperately pleading with you to bring the real deal back. Typical Post. It is that god damned hard? Marshmallows. Include them. You are ****ing with one of the giants of cereal. Why do you have to besmirch its name? It's Oreo O's god dammit. Not Trix or Life. Oreo. ****ing. Os. Its the greatest cereal in the history of mankind. A hallowed history of great taste, great texture, and increased diabetes. You have a legacy to uphold. If Showtime can let David Lynch go full-on schizophrenia on the new season of Twin Peaks to fulfill his artistic vision, can't you dimwitted ****s include some God damned marshmallows to fulfill the original effing recipe?

God damn you, Post. God damn you to hell.
Marshmallows were not the original recipe, they were added in later. In middle school we had to write a letter to a company, and while most of the class had complaints to snack companies about the bags being filled with more air than chips, I wrote to tell them I preferred the cereal without marshmallows. I'm glad they have finally taken my comments to heart, over a decade later.

Reactions: 3 users
Marshmallows were not the original recipe, they were added in later. In middle school we had to write a letter to a company, and while most of the class had complaints to snack companies about the bags being filled with more air than chips, I wrote to tell them I preferred the cereal without marshmallows. I'm glad they have finally taken my comments to heart, over a decade later.

You fiend!

Did it used to not have marshmallows? Not that it matters, it needs them to really push that extra creaminess. That's sort of what this new iteration misses. It doesn't replicate that cream filling taste like it used to.

Man, remembering how a cereal used to taste and then describing it is hard.

Last edited:
You fiend!

Did it used to not have marshmallows? Not that it matters, it needs them to really push that extra creaminess. That's sort of what this new iteration misses. It doesn't replicate that cream filling taste like it used to.

Man, remembering how a cereal used to taste and then describing it is hard.
I've never liked the marshmallows in cereal - they are too... starchy? Lucky charms, Count Chocula, and worst of all, Smorz, which are absolutely unlike any S'mores. They aren't soft like a regular marshmallow, even after soaking in milk, and the flavor is off. Probably something done to boost the shelf life.

I'm sure many sweeteners and additives have been changed through the years too. I can't describe quite what is different about the chocolate cereals like Cocoa Krispies, Cocoa Pebbles, Cocoa Puffs, but there is just something off and I don't enjoy them like I used too. Cookie Crisp has gone downhill since the dog became a wolf. It seems like the golden days of cereal may be behind us.

A new cereal caught my eye.

gallery-1513272306-chips-ahoy-cereal.jpg

Pretty good. Post continues their redemption tour. Good initial taste. Right off the bat, it is obvious that this is better than Cookie Crisp. Late bowl sogg factor is above average. Not crunchy, but still firm and not squishy. The star of the show is post-bowl milk taste. Delicious. Not Oreo O's God Tier level delicious, let's not get carried away, but well above average.

8.5/10. Will provisionally add to rotation.

There is also a Nutter Butter cereal released as well. Will review next off week.

A new cereal caught my eye.

gallery-1513272306-chips-ahoy-cereal.jpg

Pretty good. Post continues their redemption tour. Good initial taste. Right off the bat, it is obvious that this is better than Cookie Crisp. Late bowl sogg factor is above average. Not crunchy, but still firm and not squishy. The star of the show is post-bowl milk taste. Delicious. Not Oreo O's God Tier level delicious, let's not get carried away, but well above average.

8.5/10. Will provisionally add to rotation.

There is also a Nutter Butter cereal released as well. Will review next off week.
Someone brought the nutter butter cereal to my house on new year's Eve, but I had no milk and he took the box with him when he left. Sadface.

Someone brought the nutter butter cereal to my house on new year's Eve, but I had no milk and he took the box with him when he left. Sadface.
I had to double check the username.
Welcome to this dark realm.

But 4 real tho:

Who brings something to a party and then takes it home?

You forfeit that possession the minute you step out of the car

But 4 real tho:

Wasn't really a party though. Was me, my husband, and my parents, plus the son of my mom's friend who stays the night with me or my parents when he is on call. He left the liquor he brought and didn't drink. The cereal was more like the other groceries he had with him. Totally understandable.

But 4 real tho:

Also this adventure in pharm land is only about the cereal. That is more serious business than even werewolf is.

But 4 real tho:

I had a kid a while back (my second & last). This couple friends of ours just has to come over and see the baby...said they would bring food. Well they brought lasagna and then took the leftovers back home with them. Seriously, you disrupt what little semblance of peace that the parents of a newborn have, then take the food away? They are dead to me now.

Reactions: 3 users
I've seen people take their unopened alcohol back home after a party. Super weird.

On the cereal front. As long as cracklin oat bran is on the shelf I couldn't care less if every other one was discontinued

Wasn't really a party though. Was me, my husband, and my parents, plus the son of my mom's friend who stays the night with me or my parents when he is on call. He left the liquor he brought and didn't drink. The cereal was more like the other groceries he had with him. Totally understandable.

I was also trying to wrap my head around the incredible idea of a cereal party.

I had a kid a while back (my second & last). This couple friends of ours just has to come over and see the baby...said they would bring food. Well they brought lasagna and then took the leftovers back home with them. Seriously, you disrupt what little semblance of peace that the parents of a newborn have, then take the food away? They are dead to me now.

LOL Savage

nutter-butter-banner-nutrition-1.png

So I got this stuff. I honestly set my expectations low and wasn't expecting much. I was wrong. It's actually pretty damned good. It tastes very similar to Reese's Puffs, but it isn't spherical. Which for me is a plus. There is a greater surface area coated in the peanut buttery coating, making it much nummier. Late bowl sogg factor was acceptable. Didn't turn to complete mush, but was noticably over soft. That's my main knock on it. Post-bowl milk taste was weak as well. Honestly, it tasted pretty much like milk. The coating didn't flavor the milk at all, it seemed.

Pretty decent cereal worth a try. 8/10.

Last edited:
The Oreo O's are back! I saw them in my store

I've seen them at the store for a while now. I personally think they're overrated. I like Coco Puffs and Reese's cereal more.