First time applicant! Need help on how to deal with rejection

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ucla2134

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got my first rejection from Nova today. Well it is not like i do expect it but it kinda blows to me. I know that i will take the DAT again but during the mean time how can i stay focus on the DAT and other things without felling like **** about rejections that will come my way.

My question is: What should i do during those waiting time beside studying DAT to not feel ****ty about rejection?
Thanks for your opinions

Members don't see this ad.

"....how to deal with rejection"

stoically

you have an 20/18 DAT...right?

did you apply to 3 schools or 27? your predents is confusing. if you applied to 27 schools, you have many more opportunities, may not need to retake

Members don't see this ad :)
so you had a bad day, the camera don't lie ....

Have you heard from other schools about interviews? It looks like you would with your stats and early submission. I wouldnt worry about it if you have heard from other schools.

so you had a bad day, the camera don't lie ....

thanks, now its stuck in my head again

to OP: you applied to a LOT of schools, just wait it out, don't let 1 get you down. crush the DAT on your retake, and i think you'll be golden. good luck.

keep your head up ... if it doesnt happen this year use the disappointment as motivation for an early application next year. Its unbelievable how much ive learned this year as a second year applicant. Crush that DAT retake and keep your dreams alive!

Don't wanna be an ass w/ my post but good luck to ya, my DATs have not even been sent to schools yet.

Sounds like you already accepted that you will be rejected if you are studying for the DAT again. Don't let your self-worth be determined if schools want interviews or not. Don't focus on how you didn't get into dental school, but focus on the extra opportunities you will have the upcoming year if by chance you don't get into dental school.

Just deal with it like the rest of us. I have 4, some people have more. I'm a reapplicant so in essence I got denied to 16 schools last year too. I remember reading some of your posts earlier....I think you were expecting this as much as we were b/c you had the two low DAT scores. Work it up and be optimistic. Now if you had solid DAT's and a good GPA and kept getting rejected I would feel more for you, but as it stands you seriously had to see it coming, especially since you mentioned your DAT scores before and are already planning to retake it.