Florida DPT 2022-2023 cycle

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

DPTbound23

Reaction score
I wanted to start a thread for Florida applicants this year to share stats, interviews, acceptances, etc. Mine will be in the comments. Good luck all!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Major: psychology
cGPA: 3.41
pGPA: 4.0
GRE: 161V, 154Q, 4.0AWA
Observation: over 1k hours most of which was as a PT tech in an outpatient orthopedic setting. Other settings include: hospital, outpatient pediatric, pelvic health, and TMJ
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 PTA, 1 Professor
Applied: FGCU, FIU, NOVA, UF, USA, USF
Interviews: FIU, FGCU
Rejections: none
Admissions: USA, FGCU, FIU, NOVA, USF, UF

Last edited:
Applied to UF too, unfortunately no word and I don't think they let us know until Jan-March.

cGPA:3.41
pGPA:3.67
GRE: 154
Observation: Over 2k
LOR: 2PTS, 2 PROFS, 1 EMPLOYER
Applied: NOVA, UF, USA, WCU, MARSHALL, ANGELO ST, GSU, UM, UAB, SAMFORD, UAB
INTERVIEWS:
Rejections: Miami, USA, GSU,
Admissions, USA

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Applied to UF too, unfortunately no word and I don't think they let us know until Jan-March.

cGPA:3.36
pGPA:3.67
GRE: 154
Observation: Over 2k
LOR: 2PTS, 2 PROFS, 1 EMPLOYER
Applied: NOVA, UF, USA, WCU, MARSHALL, ANGELO ST, GSU, UM, UAB, SAMFORD, UAB
INTERVIEWS:
Rejections: Miami, USA, GSU,
Admissions, USA
Yeah and personally I wish UF interviewed. Have you heard what the typical timeline is for NOVA?

GPA cumulative: 3.5 (i had a 2.5 freshman yr and had a 4.0 in almost every semester since)
GPA pre req: ≈ 3.3
Observation Hours: ≈200 hours in 2 different settings
GRE: 151 verbal, 158 quant, 4.5 essay
Extracurricular: NCAA D3 Soccer player all 4 years, captain of a U23 soccer team during the summers, multiple academic recognition awards, student athlete awards, in Health Honorary Society, work in a pharmacy, certified NYS EMT, work in soccer camps every summer, train soccer players as a side job, worked as a waiter, and part of an environmental conservation association for beaches in my home town
Schools in FLA I applied too: USF, FGCU, FIU, UMIAMI, UF
Rejections: None
Admissions: None
Interviews: FGCU
Wailisted: Miami

Last edited:
Yeah and personally I wish UF interviewed. Have you heard what the typical timeline is for NOVA?
I got a call from someone from NOVA about 3-5 days after I submitted letting me know I should hear back in 4-6 weeks. That was early September so end of October I'll call them and see if they have made up their mind.

Major: Microbiology at UF
cGPA: 3.83
pGPA: 3.9
GRE: 153V 156Q
Observation: 45 hours total in outpatient (neuro, sports med, and ortho) and inpatient (acute care)
Experience: 1200 hours as a CNA on burn ICU
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor (also TAed for him), 1 employer (nurse manager)
Applied: UF, UCF, USF, FIU
Interviews: UCF (scheduled for 11/18)
Rejections: None yet
Accepted: UCF, UF

Last edited:
Major: Health Sciences at FPU
Minor: Spanish; Certificate in Exercise Physiology
cGPA: 3.97
pGPA: 3.94
GRE: 141V 146Q 3.5AW
Observation: 13 hours inpatient nursing home, 40 hours home care
Experience: 631 hours working as a PT aide in an outpatient clinic
Extracurriculars: President of Health Sciences club , orientation leader, tour guide (1 year), receptionist at athletic complex, honors program, inducted into 2 national honors societies
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor
Applied: FGCU, (and others outside of FL - UHart, UCONN, FPU) - received email on October 19th that my application was being reviewed
Interview: not yet
Rejections: UCONN
Accepted: FPU, UHart - I am choosing to go to UHart in CT!

Last edited:
NOVA sent out an email that applications are currently under review and decisions should be made in December.

Is anyone going to the fgcu interview on the 18th?
I got an interview but it's the same date as an interview for one of my other schools so I emailed them and turned the interview down. Good luck!

Members don't see this ad :)
I wanted to update that I received my letter of acceptance to UCFs program today. UCF is my top choice so I will be attending there. Good luck to everyone else!

Reactions: 2 users
Could y'all provide any insight on how the interview goes? Just got my invite today to interview with them in December!!
First off congrats, that's a huge accomplishment since over 600 people apply! And of course I can give some insight. Its two group interviews, then you get a tour of the school after by a few first year DPT students. You can't really prepare for the questions because they are random and not every person gets the same ones. Some of them were a pretty tricky and really made you think. Just make sure you think of some good experiences you can reflect on when answering the questions, and make sure you have some good questions to ask them as well! If you need time to think about the question just ask for a moment to think, I did that to gather my thoughts and make sure I wasn't just jumping into it. Mostly importantly try not to be super nervous, it took me a little ease my nerves and I talked kind of fast in result. Its a great school and you can tell all the faculty really wants you to get the most of out being a student there. Good luck with the interview, and if you have any more questions let me know!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Does anyone know the timeline for UNF?
i got an email that said decisions will be first week or two of February. i also asked if they have interviews (their website is unclear) and they said no interview this cycle

I was accepted to USF so currently decided between them and FGCU. Leaning towards fgcu for financial reasons but definitely torn. Hope everyone is hearing good news!

Reactions: 1 users
Major: Health Science w/ a concentration of Public Health
Gpa:3.8
Pre-q Gpa: 3.6-3.7
Observations: over 500( two outpatient clinics, inpatient/hospital & i worked as a tech)
GRE: 295, A.W 3.0 (horrible i know)
LOR: 2 PT's, director of campus health promotion, a professor
Applied: UCF, FIU, FAMU, Nova, UF
Rejected: none so far
Accepted: Nova (1/5) , UCF(1/8), UF(1/18)

FIU is my top choice but I still haven't heard anything back so I'm beginning to think my GRE was too low for them :/, has anyone heard from FIU?

Major: Health Science w/ a concentration of Public Health
Gpa:3.8
Pre-q Gpa: 3.6-3.7
Observations: over 500( two outpatient clinics, inpatient/hospital & i worked as a tech)
GRE: 295, A.W 3.0 (horrible i know)
LOR: 2 PT's, director of campus health promotion, a professor
Applied: UCF, FIU, FAMU, Nova, UF
Rejected: none so far
Accepted: Nova (1/5) , UCF(1/8), UF(1/18)

FIU is my top choice but I still haven't heard anything back so I'm beginning to think my GRE was too low for them :/, has anyone heard from FIU?
Fiu is my top choice also. I applied back in October, but I haven't heard anything either. I tried emailing, but no response. I have similar scores to you, with my GRE being a little higher.
I got a request for interview at the end of 2022 and had the interview beginning of january. got my acceptance mid january but I'm not attending

Fiu is my top choice also. I applied back in October, but I haven't heard anything either. I tried emailing, but no response. I have similar scores to you, with my GRE being a little higher.
I applied in october too! Interviews are on Feb 25th and March 11, so you should you hearing back soon! Did you apply anywhere else?

Same with me. I've emailed them recently and still know nothing. I haven't heard anything since they sent an email out in October. I do have similar scores as you. Hoping for the best for everyone!

I applied in october too! Interviews are on Feb 25th and March 11, so you should you hearing back soon! Did you apply anywhere else?
I applied to USA and got accepted immediately. I wish the communication with FIU was a bit better. I contacted a professor who works with the program and he advised me in November that I would be in the next batch of early interviews, but that never happened. I haven't heard anything since, but don't want to keep bothering the professor.

Just received an interview at FIU! If anyone has any pointers, that would be much appreciated.

I just got an email from Nova telling me that I was included on an "Alternate List". Do you guys know what that means ?

Major: Health Sciences at FPU
Minor: Spanish; Certificate in Exercise Physiology
cGPA: 3.97
pGPA: 3.94
GRE: 141V 146Q 3.5AW
Observation: 13 hours inpatient nursing home, 40 hours home care
Experience: 631 hours working as a PT aide in an outpatient clinic
Extracurriculars: President of Health Sciences club , orientation leader, tour guide (1 year), receptionist at athletic complex, honors program, inducted into 2 national honors societies
LOR: 2 PTs, 1 professor
Applied: FGCU, (and others outside of FL) - received email on October 19th that my application was being reviewed
Interview: not yet
Rejections: not yet
Accepted: not yet
Hi, Did you got accepted of any of your college choices ?

I just got an email from Nova telling me that I was included on an "Alternate List". Do you guys know what that means ?
Waitlisted, hopefully you’ll hear from them soon.

Hi, Did you got accepted of any of your college choices ?
Hello! I guess I forgot to update, but I got accepted into University of Hartford in CT but I have not heard back from FGCU. My guess is I won't get in because my GRE is too low

Reactions: 1 users
Just received an interview at FIU! If anyone has any pointers, that would be much appreciated.
How was your interview with FIU... I will have mine this Saturday via Zoom... Any feedback ?

I was accepted to Nova's program and waitlisted at USF and UCF. UCF is my top choice, so I am just waiting and hoping that I get in. Anybody hear anything lately?

How was your interview with FIU... I will have mine this Saturday via Zoom... Any feedback
To clarify I haven't had the interview yet! I also have it on Saturday and was asking for anyone advice from those who have. Good luck!