This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey has anyone heard from UNF??

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if UF is having visit days like they did last year?

I tried checking on mywings.unf.edu but every time I click on application status, it says error for me. Do you have that problem?
I can get to application status, but nothing's changed :(

I have an interview on November 3 at UM, flying in from out of state for it! I'm excited but nervous; has anyone had an interview experience at UM they'd like to share?

I have an interview on November 3 at UM, flying in from out of state for it! I'm excited but nervous; has anyone had an interview experience at UM they'd like to share?
100000% nothing to stress over. You tour the facility for an hour, tour the campus for an hour and have an interview that for me felt like a convo I’d have with a friend

Reactions: 1 user
Has anyone gotten a “hold candidate” letter from NSU? I got it around September 25th and was wondering if anyone got accepted after being on hold or how that works? My stats are decently above what they wanted

Has anyone gotten a “hold candidate” letter from NSU? I got it around September 25th and was wondering if anyone got accepted after being on hold or how that works? My stats are decently above what they wanted
I got a call almost a month ago, they just told me my application had been processed and was under review. This is all I have heard from NSU. Hoping to hear back within the next couple of weeks!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, just joined the forum and found this thread.

University: Florida International University
Major: Recreational Therapy
Overall GPA: 3.5
pGPA: 3.8
uGPA: 4.0
GRE: 156Q, 164V, 4.5W
Observation: 55 outpatient neuro, 45 outpatient ortho/sports, 50 pediatric, 30 acute
Additional/Work: 1 year running adapted sports programs for kids with disabilities as certified rec therapist, 560-hour inpatient rehab internship, 10+ years working in real estate sales

Applied: UF, FIU, UM, UCF, NSU, USF

Interviews (so far): UCF 11/17

Has anyone interviewed for UCF before? I'd like to know what the process is like.

Observation: 55 outpatient neuro, 45 outpatient ortho/sports, 50 pediatric, 30 acute
Additional/Work: 1 year running adapted sports programs for kids with disabilities as certified rec therapist, 560-hour inpatient rehab internship, 10+ years working in real estate sales

Has anyone interviewed for UCF before? I'd like to know what the process is like.
Hey!

Just curious, when did you apply? Because your stats seem good enough for interview with UM

100000% nothing to stress over. You tour the facility for an hour, tour the campus for an hour and have an interview that for me felt like a convo I’d have with a friend
Thanks for that! I'm trying not to get too anxious; I've heard much the same from a lot of others on this board. But it's my first of three interviews in 10 days, so I'm gearing up pretty hard. I'm actually really looking forward to it! Curriculum-wise, UM's my first choice!

It’s group style interviews, you and two other students. There will most likely be 2 faculty and one student or an adjunct. There is a wide range of questions from basics like strengths/weaknesses, name a time you made a mistake and how your fixed it, etc. But I’d also do some research about PT current events. Things like direct access, evidence based practice, autonomy. Overall it’s really chill, just be yourself!

Reactions: 2 users
Hey!

Just curious, when did you apply? Because your stats seem good enough for interview with UM
Unfortunately, pretty late (early October). I'm afraid my late application may make it hard to get a UM interview but there's still time so I'll just have to wait and see.

It’s group style interviews, you and two other students. There will most likely be 2 faculty and one student or an adjunct. There is a wide range of questions from basics like strengths/weaknesses, name a time you made a mistake and how your fixed it, etc. But I’d also do some research about PT current events. Things like direct access, evidence based practice, autonomy. Overall it’s really chill, just be yourself!
Thanks for the heads up!

Has anyone here interviewed with FIU? I have my interview this Thursday!

Just a heads up for those who applied to UNF, I had emailed the admissions people on Friday asking if we would hear, and she said today that interview invites went out on Thursday and that we'd hear about applicant status later this week.

Just a heads up for those who applied to UNF, I had emailed the admissions people on Friday asking if we would hear, and she said today that interview invites went out on Thursday and that we'd hear about applicant status later this week.

I just got the interview invite!

Last edited:
Has anyone heard from NSU this month?
I also got a letter late September but it was to inform me I was a “hold candidate” which I’m guessing is the waitlist lol nsu is one of my top choices so hopefully I hear back again soon!

Hi everyone! I've seen some people who are wondering when UNF will send anything out and I just got an email today (10/31) saying I've been waitlisted for an interview. Here are my stats btw.

Institution: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology & Kinesiology
Minor: n/a
Upper Division GPA: ~3.8
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.65
GRE: 151Q 150V 4.0W (I know, not great)

- Experiences: Fitness coordinator in a group called IFUS, minor leadership role @ PDQ (where I work), intramural football, tutor @ HW club, camp counselor
- Observation Hours: ~420 hours with various clinics spanning across numerous fields, +520 hours in a neurological rehab clinic working as an intern
- LoR's: 1 from PT, 1 from Professor @ UF, 1 from Family Friend

Applied To: UCF, UNF, UF
Acceptances: n/a
Rejections: n/a

Unfortunately, pretty late (early October). I'm afraid my late application may make it hard to get a UM interview but there's still time so I'll just have to wait and see.
Yeah I am sure you will be fine! I do know that they have had interviews in the past in January and even February. Best of luck to you!

Hi everyone! I've seen some people who are wondering when UNF will send anything out and I just got an email today (10/31) saying I've been waitlisted for an interview. Here are my stats btw.

Institution: University of Florida
Major: Applied Physiology & Kinesiology
Minor: n/a
Upper Division GPA: ~3.8
Pre-Req GPA: ~3.65
GRE: 151Q 150V 4.0W (I know, not great)

- Experiences: Fitness coordinator in a group called IFUS, minor leadership role @ PDQ (where I work), intramural football, tutor @ HW club, camp counselor
- Observation Hours: ~420 hours with various clinics spanning across numerous fields, +520 hours in a neurological rehab clinic working as an intern
- LoR's: 1 from PT, 1 from Professor @ UF, 1 from Family Friend

Applied To: UCF, UNF, UF
Hello fellow APKer at UF! Good luck to you this cycle!

When did you apply? Was there an interview to follow or just email?

I applied early August! And there was no interview, I just received an acceptance email! I believe on their website, it states that they may interview if they feel they need to.

Yaay congrats! I just did, too! I was really nervous for bit there haha
did you receive an email after you chose the 4 time slots? I didnt get an email after I chose the times. But the initial email said they would send interview confirmation Next week.

I applied early August! And there was no interview, I just received an acceptance email! I believe on their website, it states that they may interview if they feel they need to.
Did you apply for EArly Decision? Congrats on your acceptance!

did you receive an email after you chose the 4 time slots? I didnt get an email after I chose the times. But the initial email said they would send interview confirmation Next week.
No I didn't either, so we'll probably get everything next week!

Does anyone know what we should wear for the UNF interview? I know it's virtual, but I wasn't sure if it was more casual than a normal interview.

Hi everyone! Not sure if this will be helpful since a lot of us have already received feedback but I figured it couldn't hurt to put it out there.

Major: Health Science
Cum GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 159V, 158Q, 5.0W

Extra-Curricular: Honors College, Treasurer of Rotaract, Secretary of Future Physical Therapists Organization, radio show host, Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement board member, (and more but these are the highlights)

Research: two undergraduate research colloquium projects as well as my Honors thesis on patient adherence to HEPs post TKA

Observation Hours: 75 inpatient neuro, 40 inpatient acute care, 30 outpatient ortho, 55 outpatient pelvic floor (women's health), 15 outpatient peds

LoR's: 2 PTs, my academic advisor, and my thesis adviser (prof)

Applied To: USF, UNF, UF, UCF, and Duke

Interviews at: UNF and UCF

Acceptances: UNF, USF

Last edited:
Hi everyone! Not sure if this will be helpful since a lot of us have already received feedback but I figured it couldn't hurt to put it out there.

Major: Health Science
Cum GPA: 3.8
Pre-Req GPA: 3.8
GRE: 159V, 158Q, 5.0W

Extra-Curricular: Honors College, Treasurer of Rotaract, Secretary of Future Physical Therapists Organization, radio show host, Center for Leadership and Civic Engagement board member, (and more but these are the highlights)

Research: two undergraduate research colloquium projects as well as my Honors thesis on patient adherence to HEPs post TKA

Observation Hours: 75 inpatient neuro, 40 inpatient acute care, 30 outpatient ortho, 55 outpatient pelvic floor (women's health), 15 outpatient peds

LoR's: 2 PTs, my academic advisor, and my thesis adviser (prof)

Applied To: USF, UNF, UF, UCF, and Duke

Interviews at: UNF and UCF

Pretty sure you can get into any school with those stats haha good luck even tho you don’t need it

Good morning guys just received an interview from UM for October 27, applied September 28.

If you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? Was it group interview? How long were you there for?

Did anyone get the UNF email telling us when our interviews would be??

If you don't mind me asking, what was the interview like? Was it group interview? How long were you there for?

The interview was conversational and laidback. We first toured the facility and campus for an two hours with current students and end with individual interviews.

Did anyone get the UNF email telling us when our interviews would be??
Just got mine 2 minutes ago.
My interview is the 15th. When we chose the time slots, do you guys remember how long it said the interview was?

Anyone else hear from Nova Ft. Lauderdale?

For those of you who received UCF interviews, did they call or email?