This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone else hear from Nova Ft. Lauderdale?
I've only gotten an email saying my application is under review. I applied October 24th.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
I've only gotten an email saying my application is under review. I applied October 24th.
When did you get that email? I got a call saying my application was complete and being sent to the program on the 25th of October, but nothing since then.

When did you get that email? I got a call saying my application was complete and being sent to the program on the 25th of October, but nothing since then.
I got that email on November 3rd. But I haven't received any calls like you did. So far I've gotten 3 emails from them. Once they received my application, another one to pay the suplemental fee, and the other one saying my app is under review.

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear from Nova Ft. Lauderdale in October? I've been told the admissions committee meets every month end. I applied on September 16th, submitted the supplemental application on September 23rd, but haven't heard anything from them besides the call and confirmation email.

Has anyone heard from any other schools? UF, USF, etc.?

Has anyone heard from any other schools? UF, USF, etc.?
Just from what I read on the different program websites, looks like UF starts sending decisions out in janurary, usf sends all their decisions on Feb 1st and the rest In Florida I don’t think have specific dates!

Did anyone hear from Nova Ft. Lauderdale in October? I've been told the admissions committee meets every month end. I applied on September 16th, submitted the supplemental application on September 23rd, but haven't heard anything from them besides the call and confirmation email.
My timeline was really similar to yours, I got my supplemental finished on September 29th. I still haven't heard back from them yet either.

Has anyone who is interviewing with UNF next week experienced any issues with the Jabber link? It has taken a while to load, and I'm trying to figure out if it's particular to my connection. Thanks!

Has anyone who is interviewing with UNF next week experienced any issues with the Jabber link? It has taken a while to load, and I'm trying to figure out if it's particular to my connection. Thanks!
I'm having problems too! The call button doesn't load at all until my session goes idle. The mobile app works for me, but I really don't want to have to use that...

I'm having problems too! The call button doesn't load at all until my session goes idle. The mobile app works for me, but I really don't want to have to use that...

Try using a different browser. Chrome didnt work for me so I had to use Internet Explorer

Reactions: 1 users
Try using a different browser. Chrome didnt work for me so I had to use Internet Explorer
Thank you for tip! I think I was so stressed it didn't occur to me to try another browser, but IE worked better for me too. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
I received an email from USF saying my application was verified, and that we should be hearing admission decisions no later than February 1st! Just in case anyone was wondering about USF and hadn't heard back from them yet :)

I received an email from USF saying my application was verified, and that we should be hearing admission decisions no later than February 1st! Just in case anyone was wondering about USF and hadn't heard back from them yet :)
I got that same email yesterday.

I just got a call from UCF, and scheduled an interview with them for Wednesday, December 13th! (So excited, UCF is my top choice!) Has anyone else heard anything?

Last edited:
I just got a call from UCF, and schedule an interview with them for Wednesday, December 13th! (So excited, UCF is my top choice!) Has anyone else heard anything?
Congrats!!! I have my interview with them this Friday and one of my friends got the call today as well!

Reactions: 1 users
Do you guys know when we should be hearing from NSU? Also, do they notify us of our status via mail or email?

Do you guys know when we should be hearing from NSU? Also, do they notify us of our status via mail or email?

I'm not sure about when, but I received an email first and then a letter in the mail about a week later!

Congrats!!! I have my interview with them this Friday and one of my friends got the call today as well!
Hey, I interview this Friday as well at 1:00 pm. I know they do group interviews so maybe I'll see you there!

Has anyone heard back from UM after their interview? I did mine on October 27th and I have not heard anything back as yet =/

@pianoidol Not meaning to keep discussing negatives about UCF. And if you have a special reason for wanting to go there, that's great. But if you are just looking at schools, the cost for OOS students there is much more than any other Florida school. UCF charges about $65,000 for the three years for instate and about $145,000 for three years for out of state. In comparison, USF and UF are about $93,000 for OOS for the three years. Nova, a private school is about $88,000 for the three years, and even Miami is about $100,000 tuition. Even St. Augustine, a private school is about $120,000. And Duke is $105,000. U

Not trying to sound so negative. I hope you get in to every school you apply to. Just wanted to make sure you were totally aware of all the costs of UCF in comparison to even many top notch private universities. Just for your info, Texas has some reasonable DPT tuitions, and I know many private universities hover at around the $100,000 mark (which is still a lot). Also, often state universities are more competitive than private schools because people are looking for in state tuition. UCF has a small cohort also, as compared to some other schools.

Just wanted to give you all the info I knew about Florida schools. I am willing to give you any more info you want if I can help. I have lived in Florida for most of my life.

Yeah good points. Texas is actually very cheap for OOS, which is why I applied to some schools there despite being a FL resident

University: FSU
Major: Exercise Science
PTCAS Overall GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.6
Super GRE: 159V 155Q 4.0AWA
(1st: 153V 149Q 4.0AWA & 2nd: 159V 155Q 3.5AWA)

Letters of Recommendation: 1 licensed PT outpatient, 1 PT teacher, 1 professor from Physics department

Observation Hours: Outpatient: 150 | Inpatient: 66 hours | Acute: 16 hours

Extra-Curricular: co-founder of two tech startups, executive board member for habitat for humanity

Applied: UF, UM, UCF, UNF, FIU, FGCU, NSU, ADU, FAMU, UTMB, UTSA, UNT, Mercer, UTSW, AS, Rutgers (North), USA (Austin)

Interviews: UCF, FGCU, Rutgers (North), UAMS, USA (Austin), UM

Rejections/Waitlist: UNF (waitlist for interview), UCA, UNT

Acceptances: UAMS(12/15), UCF(12/19), FGCU(12/20), NSU(12/25), Rutgers(1/4)

Would be apply to answer any questions

Would love and appreciate some Interview Tips or General Advice :)

Last edited:
For anyone who interviewed with UCF, any tips or advice? It would be greatly appreciated :D

University: FSU
Major: Exercise Science
PTCAS Overall GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.5-3.6
Super GRE: 159V 155Q 4.0AWA
(1st: 153V 149Q 4.0AWA & 2nd: 159V 155Q 3.5AWA)

Letters of Recommendation: 1 licensed PT outpatient, 1 PT teacher, 1 professor from Physics department

Observation Hours: Outpatient: 150 | Inpatient: 66 hours | Acute: 16 hours

Extra-Curricular: co-founder of two tech startups, executive board member for habitat for humanity

Applied: UF, UM, UCF, UNF, FIU, FGCU, NSU, ADU, FAMU, UTMB, UTSA, UNT, Mercer, UTSW, AS, Rutgers (North), USA (Austin)

Interviews: UCF, FGCU, Rutgers (North), UAMS, USA (Austin)

Rejections/Waitlist: UNF (waitlist for interview), UCA, UNT

Acceptances: TBD

Would be apply to answer any questions

Would love and appreciate some Interview Tips or General Advice :)

For the interview, have some questions prepared for the school! The interviewers will love to answer questions that you have!

For anyone who interviewed with UCF, any tips or advice? It would be greatly appreciated :D
Be prepared for a lengthy interview! Two 45 minute sessions where you are with two other students. Luckily they ask personal questions to each person as opposed to making you all answer the same question. I'd prepare for questions about why you want to be a PT, how you handle yourself in teamwork situations that have gone awry (with examples), and your opinions/suggested improvements for the PT field and healthcare as a whole. But most of all- just be yourself. They only interview about 10% of applicants! You deserve to be there, just show why you think you're a good fit for them and that they're a good fit for you.

Reactions: 2 users
Be prepared for a lengthy interview! Two 45 minute sessions where you are with two other students. Luckily they ask personal questions to each person as opposed to making you all answer the same question. I'd prepare for questions about why you want to be a PT, how you handle yourself in teamwork situations that have gone awry (with examples), and your opinions/suggested improvements for the PT field and healthcare as a whole. But most of all- just be yourself. They only interview about 10% of applicants! You deserve to be there, just show why you think you're a good fit for them and that they're a good fit for you.
Thank you so much!

For anyone waiting on UCF don’t worry they are still calling people for interviews Just got called today

Reactions: 2 users
Yay congrats. UCF called yesterday with my acceptance!! Anyone else Class of 2021 yet??

I've just been accepted to FIU 2 days after my early interview! I'm on the fence about accepting the offer or having my application return to the applicant pool for January since I'm still waiting to hear from my 1st and 2nd choice schools (UF and UCF respectively). Does anyone know if FIU requires a deposit?

Accept any offer you have and then decline respectfully if you get into a school you prefer. This is not ED so it isn't binding. Congrats on your acceptance.

Anyone for the cycle of Fall 2018 applied to FAMU's DPT program yet?

Haven't heard from any schools yet (namely UCF and FGCU since I know they've already been offering interviews), and I'm starting to get really nervous. Has anyone else not heard back yet from anywhere after the initial "your application is being reviewed" email?

We're supposed to hear from UNF today, right?

Haven't heard from any schools yet (namely UCF and FGCU since I know they've already been offering interviews), and I'm starting to get really nervous. Has anyone else not heard back yet from anywhere after the initial "your application is being reviewed" email?

My interviews for UCF and FGCU are Dec. 14th & 15th. I received the calls at the end of Nov. I know that they do them in batches so you might be hearing from them soon once this round of interviews is over. Hope that helps

Anyone for the cycle of Fall 2018 applied to FAMU's DPT program yet?

I submitted like two weeks ago but have not received anything (confirmation, interview, denial etc.) Hope that helps

My interviews for UCF and FGCU are Dec. 14th & 15th. I received the calls at the end of Nov. I know that they do them in batches so you might be hearing from them soon once this round of interviews is over. Hope that helps
Thanks, my finals are during those interview dates so I was kind of grateful to have not been offered them but still nervous that I hadn't heard anything