This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is USF your first choice? Have you heard from any other schools yet? :)
In Florida, I applied to USF, NSU, and Miami. Any of them are my top choices! I currently have interviews lined up for UNLV, Regis, and Miami. I got invited for an interview at Western University of Health Sciences too, but had to decline it.

Members don't see this ad.

Thanks!! I'll just have fun with this last interview! That's so weird that you haven't heard back yet though, especially since you worked their..and thanks for the information about the research/faculty. So what schools did you get into?

No problem! And I got into UF, Nova, and FIU so far! I interviewed at UCF as well but haven’t heard back from them.

Anyone that interviewed with FGCU on January 13. Have you heard back from them yet?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got an FIU interview! Can someone tell me what to expect as far as questions and what not! Thanks

Reactions: 1 user
Got an UM interview for next week. I'm nervous! any tips or questions for those who have gone through this process?

Just got the call from USF!

Reactions: 2 users
I was invited to UF's visit day but I haven't heard anything from them yet /: kinda worried now

I was invited to UF's visit day but I haven't heard anything from them yet /: kinda worried now
Me too! But UF comes out in waves so I think yesterday was just the first wave. My friend who goes to UF right now got a visit day last year and did not hear back until the beginning of February. So I'm trying not to worry too much, you should be okay too!

In Florida, I applied to USF, NSU, and Miami. Any of them are my top choices! I currently have interviews lined up for UNLV, Regis, and Miami. I got invited for an interview at Western University of Health Sciences too, but had to decline it.

Wow great job!! Good luck and let me know where you get in!

No problem! And I got into UF, Nova, and FIU so far! I interviewed at UCF as well but haven’t heard back from them.

Oh that's awesome! At least you have options! Congrats!! Is UCF your first choice?

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats! We could possibly be future class mates!
Congrats to you too! It's going to be tough deciding on which school to attend. I'm currently living in the Tampa area, so USF is probably the most convenient for me. Are you leaning towards USF? Or still trying to decide?

Congrats to you too! It's going to be tough deciding on which school to attend. I'm currently living in the Tampa area, so USF is probably the most convenient for me. Are you leaning towards USF? Or still trying to decide?

I talked about it with my dad today and so far USF is my top choice and I will be accepting the offer, but I do have an interview at UNT Health Science Center in Fort Worth, Texas in February which is also one of my top choices. So I guess I will see what happens

Thank you! UCF was my first choice, but then I attended UF's visit day and now I'm conflicted haha!
If it helps, my completely biased opinion is gainesville is a really fun area to live in and the games are fun to go to.

I'm sure a lot of people here are from UF, but I just graduated from there in May so if anyone has any questions about the school/Gainesville in general, let me know!

Just got the acceptance from UF!

Reactions: 6 users
Will do! Good luck to you :)[/QUOTE

One thing I will say is that UF has so many interprofessional opportunities. That and the pro bono clinic and all the community based outreach groups really add a lot to the program.

Anyone know if the class is filled at Nova in Ft. Lauderdale?

Alright! Does anybody have a pros and cons list between UCF and UF? This decisions is extremely hard and I am starting to have dreams about it.

Reactions: 1 users
Anyone heard from USF??

No I’ve been waiting to hear from them. I know people who have but I guess it’s gonna be by February first. Doesn’t seem promising for me :(

No I’ve been waiting to hear from them. I know people who have but I guess it’s gonna be by February first. Doesn’t seem promising for me :(

Yeah me neither :(

Alright! Does anybody have a pros and cons list between UCF and UF? This decisions is extremely hard and I am starting to have dreams about it.
I am currently deciding between the two schools as well (haven't heard from UCF since interview but I got into UF, but in the case I get in I don't know where to go) so any information would be great!

I am currently deciding between the two schools as well (haven't heard from UCF since interview but I got into UF, but in the case I get in I don't know where to go) so any information would be great!

As I said a little back in thread some big pros ( I think) for UF is the amount of interprofessional opportunities in the program. You are right there in the middle of the all the programs, medical, dental, OT, PA, pharmacy etc and work with them on different projects. Also UF has a pro bono clinic where you start working first semester and their Reach groups for community involvement as well as many additional community options for experience as well as Shands and the other hospitals being right there for classroom enhancement. UCF is a great program and I had your dilemma as well, but these were some of the reasons I chose UF instead. UCFs medical campus is far away across town, and only nursing is right there with their PT program.

Reactions: 3 users
As I said a little back in thread some big pros ( I think) for UF is the amount of interprofessional opportunities in the program. You are right there in the middle of the all the programs, medical, dental, OT, PA, pharmacy etc and work with them on different projects. Also UF has a pro bono clinic where you start working first semester and their Reach groups for community involvement as well as many additional community options for experience as well as Shands and the other hospitals being right there for classroom enhancement. UCF is a great program and I had your dilemma as well, but these were some of the reasons I chose UF instead. UCFs medical campus is far away across town, and only nursing is right there with their PT program.
For those still deciding: A lot of what dptwannabe1 mentioned were factors for me in choosing UF, especially the Equal Access Clinic and close proximity to Shands. While the UCF program is very solid, I believe that UF will simply provide more hands-on practice and best prepare me for clinicals and practice. Another factor for me was cost of living, rent in Gainesville is literally half of what it is in my home city of Miami but it was only slightly cheaper in Orlando. Hope this helps.

For those still deciding: A lot of what dptwannabe1 mentioned were factors for me in choosing UF, especially the Equal Access Clinic and close proximity to Shands. While the UCF program is very solid, I believe that UF will simply provide more hands-on practice and best prepare me for clinicals and practice. Another factor for me was cost of living, rent in Gainesville is literally half of what it is in my home city of Miami but it was only slightly cheaper in Orlando. Hope this helps.

Thank you! I am from the Miami area as well, and rent has also been a big factor in my decision making, so that really helps. Thank you!

I will be withdrawing my spot at UCF today, good luck everyone!

I reached out to many PT students I know and they said the main factors to weigh heavily (in no particular order):

1) Cost of the program
2) Amount of Internship/Rotation options that the college offers (3rd yr stuff you should be worrying about now -_-)
3) City atmosphere, you will spend lots of time there so make sure you like college town(UF) or city life(UCF)

These were common factors 4 PT students I know mentioned as factors to place the most emphasis on

Cheers

Yes you can easily have a nice apartment with roommates including utilities and furniture for under $600 a month. Orlando is more expensive

I got an email saying that I did not meet the minimum criteria.
I didn’t realize I needed two PT reference letters and I only had one so I was automatically rejected for not meeting their requirements.

I’m so upset that I just found this thread. It would have been so useful throughout the months. Anyways.l, I’m on my way (driving) to Orlando now for a UCF interview then straight to Miami for an FIU interview. Anyone else going to be at these interviews?!

I’m so upset that I just found this thread. It would have been so useful throughout the months. Anyways.l, I’m on my way (driving) to Orlando now for a UCF interview then straight to Miami for an FIU interview. Anyone else going to be at these interviews?!
I had that interview for UCF but declined it but I’ll be at the FIU one at 1pm!

I didn’t realize I needed two PT reference letters and I only had one so I was automatically rejected for not meeting their requirements.

I had 2 PT ref. My GPA was over 3.2
IDK what requirement was missing

Yea the email said 3, 15 minutes interviews and then a tour im assuming is around 10-15 minutes! So yea you probably are right after me!

Good point. Ah good luck! I met someone that already went through it and said it was really easy.

For those who have an FIU interview, the interview for me was really easy! The faculty was very nice, and they gave us a nice tour of the facility. Be prepared to ask them questions! I had a lot of time to talk with them, they breezed through the interview questions so fast for me! Good luck :)

For those who have an FIU interview, the interview for me was really easy! The faculty was very nice, and they gave us a nice tour of the facility. Be prepared to ask them questions! I had a lot of time to talk with them, they breezed through the interview questions so fast for me! Good luck :)

Thank you! I’m really worried about the UCF interview since it’s my #1, plus I heard some of the questions totally take you off guard.

I'll be interviewing at UCF tomorrow morning at 9am!

no word from UF or FIU. is this normal?