Florida Governor wants to limit private-owned pharmacies dispensing power

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I've sent numerous emails, although I have yet to receive a reply. I'm not really sure that my voice is being heard, but there's really not much else you can do.

At least they're moving in the right direction. I'm not even directly affected by the implications of this bill since I'm not working in an independent pharmacy, but I really think that this would be detrimental to independents around the state.

I'll be watching this bill closely.

Members don't see this ad.

I've sent numerous emails, although I have yet to receive a reply. I'm not really sure that my voice is being heard, but there's really not much else you can do.

At least they're moving in the right direction. I'm not even directly affected by the implications of this bill since I'm not working in an independent pharmacy, but I really think that this would be detrimental to independents around the state.

I'll be watching this bill closely.

You will not get a response. The emails are merely to make the representatives aware of how detrimental this bill would be to independents and chains too. Think about the bombardment of narcs the chain pharmacists will have to fill. The number of people seeking narcotics will be astronomical. As well as the employment of pharmacists and technicians. Anyhow, your voice is heard so do not think they are not listening. Keep letting your voice be heard!!

ill send an email as well. this is such nonsense.

Members don't see this ad :)
The Bill has passed the House by a vote of 116 to 1. Now its time to call the senators...

http://www.miamiherald.com/2011/04/21/2178475/fla-house-voting-on-pill-mill.html

Interesting article. Please read the section where Senator Fasano speaks of the Pharmaceutical companies and donations to the Republican Party...Id imagine the Senate will reject the House Bill...

Don't be so certain that the Senate will reject the bill, Sen. Fasano has always been a lone dissenter in the Florida State Senate. He readily calls out other senators biases and hypocrisies on different issues. I love that about him and hope he continues to stay in office. He is one of the few senators in Florida that really cares and is trying to do the right thing. He is not a senator from my district, but I wish he was.

I still recommend writing the senators in Florida, especially your own, to vote against the bill or change the provisions on it.

All of the senators are listed here: http://www.flsenate.gov/Senators/
You can click on the Senator's name and find their e-mail addresses. E-mails do work people, so keep them coming!

What does the pharm companies care? Sales are not going to drop with this bill, they'll just go through chains more

The point was more aimed at the republicans and how they accepted money from the pharm companies and now that Purdue wants to donate money for the data base, its now not acceptable to take their money.

I dont believe the chains are exempt from this bill at all anymore. They will be limited im sure.

Not sure I completely agree with how he interrupts some of those numbers, but I do 100% agree with his overall argument. I really like how he ends the article with other ideas that can be used to fix the problem, instead of just arguing against what is trying to be done.

I can't really wrap my head around the idea that FL does not have a pill mill problem though, the billboards I see beside the road that only say "PAIN CLINIC 555-PAIN" leads me to believe otherwise. Not to mention the sheer number of out of county scrips I see for the big three. I like the perspective his article gives comparing the problem to other health issues, although comparing the problem to the murder rate seems a little disingenuous.

No CII's in independents? hell lets just get rid of C2's all together and keep it at a hospital level...I hate filling them and taking inventory of them every month anyway.

No CII's in independents? hell lets just get rid of C2's all together and keep it at a hospital level...I hate filling them and taking inventory of them every month anyway.

sure let's just run a pharmacy for healthy people who just need birth control and OTCs. the hell is wrong with you? not only is that absurd for patient care, but any rph who cares anything about money would instantly fire you.

unless you own an independent, in which case do what you want, just let us know how it affects your bottom line

um yeah.. no more treatment of pain on an outpatient basis!! those people should just suffer!

on the other hand, i think the dea could use a serious budget and red tape reduction. things need to be simpler in order to better treat these patients

um yeah.. no more treatment of pain on an outpatient basis!! those people should just suffer!

on the other hand, i think the dea could use a serious budget and red tape reduction. things need to be simpler in order to better treat these patients

:thumbup: although there are some shady shady mofos in our area...

i see more shady in my area then real pain---i grew up in college with decaying teeth and full back tattoo with nothing but tylenol and ibuprofen, ghetto raised.

thank heavens for my healthcare insurance now :p

For those that need context, check out narcotic abuse in Miami or Signature pharmacy. These are two unrelated issues, but highlight the bad press independents are gaining in FL. There just aren't enough like Doctor M running around.

Stick situation...

i see more shady in my area then real pain---i grew up in college with decaying teeth and full back tattoo with nothing but tylenol and ibuprofen, ghetto raised.

thank heavens for my healthcare insurance now :p

Wtf? Awesome post.

I've never seen anyone get narcotics for tatoo pain. That would be a shady doctor.