You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Florida Southern College - 2020 Start
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I loved FSC it’s my top so farHey everyone! Has anyone heard back from FSC yet? Or were invited to the January interview?
I applied to FSC at the end of November and had my application forwarded to the admissions committee on 12/11. Thanks!
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
Do you have any insight about the interview process? I got an email yesterday that I was invited for an interview on March 21st.I loved FSC it’s my top so far
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
soccerprept19
Full Member
Following this since I have an interview on the 4th. They said I’ll get more info in an email next week.Do you have any insight about the interview process? I got an email yesterday that I was invited for an interview on March 21st.
When I interviewed there, it was a multiple mini interview style. They will set up different room stations. Each station will have a scenario on the door. You will have 2 minutes to read the prompt. After, you will enter the room and give your response according to the prompt with 5 minutes to spare. I believe there were 8 stations and one of them will be a break round. I hope this helps.Following this since I have an interview on the 4th. They said I’ll get more info in an email next week.
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
Thank you! In the email there was also mention of a writing sample. Was this in your interview as well?When I interviewed there, it was a multiple mini interview style. They will set up different room stations. Each station will have a scenario on the door. You will have 2 minutes to read the prompt. After, you will enter the room and give your response according to the prompt with 5 minutes to spare. I believe there were 8 stations and one of them will be a break round. I hope this helps.
Yes, there was a writing sample. It was just a random prompt to check on writing skills.Thank you! In the email there was also mention of a writing sample. Was this in your interview as well?
Do you remember what the writing prompt was?Yes, there was a writing sample. It was just a random prompt to check on writing skills.
I have been accepted as well. Are you worried about the program not being accredited?I've bee accepted into the program also. Looking forward to starting soon
I have been accepted as well. Are you worried about the program not being accredited?
I am in a similar situation and was advised to go elsewhere if I had the option. I was told that if you have more than one school you're deciding on, to go to the established school that has completed and maintained their accreditation. You don't want to chance attending a school that is not fully accredited because the future impact it can have on you won't be that great. Do you have any other schools you can pursue?
I have been accepted as well. Are you worried about the program not being accredited?
I'm not too worried about schools that are candidates for accreditation because they mentioned that if they failed to receive accreditation, they could assure us that we will be transferred to another program that is accredited and finish there. Also, I don't know schools on the top of my head that have failed accrediation candidacy. But I could be totally wrong and it becomes more complicated than all of that.
I am in a similar situation and was advised to go elsewhere if I had the option. I was told that if you have more than one school you're deciding on, to go to the established school that has completed and maintained their accreditation. You don't want to chance attending a school that is not fully accredited because the future impact it can have on you won't be that great. Do you have any other schools you can pursue?
Yea same advice was given to me. A friend of mine mentioned that the accrediation is a factor to consider too if I have options. I got another school interview this weekend for a school that is accredited so I'm blessed to have that.
hopedpt2020
New Member
Has anybody got waitlisted at Florida Southern?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
I wasHas anybody got waitlisted at Florida Southern?
hopedpt2020
New Member
When did they let you know you were waitlisted if you don't mind me asking?I was
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
It was about a week after my interview. But they emailed me March 30thWhen did they let you know you were waitlisted if you don't mind me asking?
hopedpt2020
New Member
Oh okay. Im just a little stressed about this waitlist situation especially with the Covid crisis happening. I feel as if everything is going to happen later this summer unfortunately. Do you have any other school options?It was about a week after my interview. But they emailed me March 30th
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
I am on one other waitlist and am currently waiting to hear back from my interview at St. Aug that I had last week. I also applied to one other school in my home state and their application closed two days ago so I am still waiting to hear from them as well. You?Oh okay. Im just a little stressed about this waitlist situation especially with the Covid crisis happening. I feel as if everything is going to happen later this summer unfortunately. Do you have any other school options?
hopedpt2020
New Member
I have not heard back from any other school yet. Florida Southern was my favorite school and I thought I had a great interview. One state school I applied to wont be doing interviews I heard until the end of May( so that sucks). This waitlist process can be miserable but I wish you the best of luck!I am on one other waitlist and am currently waiting to hear back from my interview at St. Aug that I had last week. I also applied to one other school in my home state and their application closed two days ago so I am still waiting to hear from them as well. You?
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
You too!I have not heard back from any other school yet. Florida Southern was my favorite school and I thought I had a great interview. One state school I applied to wont be doing interviews I heard until the end of May( so that sucks). This waitlist process can be miserable but I wish you the best of luck!
Don’t worry about accreditation. I did a lot of research and they passed the hardest part of accreditation and the rest is just procedural. They have extremely high level qualified people that have done this before.I am in a similar situation and was advised to go elsewhere if I had the option. I was told that if you have more than one school you're deciding on, to go to the established school that has completed and maintained their accreditation. You don't want to chance attending a school that is not fully accredited because the future impact it can have on you won't be that great. Do you have any other schools you can pursue?
What school do you prefer?I am on one other waitlist and am currently waiting to hear back from my interview at St. Aug that I had last week. I also applied to one other school in my home state and their application closed two days ago so I am still waiting to hear from them as well. You?
southernbrooklynbridge
Full Member
I really didn’t care. I came into the application process with a low GPA and average GRE and right after graduating undergrad. I figured I’d give it a shot and if I got in anywhere great and if not then I’d take a gap year to work and try to increase my prereq grades. I got accepted into USA-Austin and have an interview at the school in my home state tomorrow which is also still in candidacy. I figured I wouldn’t apply to any schools that I wouldn’t like going to so if I got in I’d be more than happy to go!!What school do you prefer?