immd2005

15+ Year Member
Mar 27, 2004
Visit site
Status
I was just wondering what my chances of getting an anesthesia residency was if i am FMG with a step 1 score of 81% and pending step 2 scores. i know this past year anesthesia was relatively easier to get than the previous years and was wondering my chances were, and or if it was worht applying for anesthesia in 2005.

t

Skip Intro

15+ Year Member
Apr 29, 2002
Status
Attending Physician
Originally posted by immd2005
I was just wondering what my chances of getting an anesthesia residency was if i am FMG with a step 1 score of 81% and pending step 2 scores. i know this past year anesthesia was relatively easier to get than the previous years and was wondering my chances were, and or if it was worht applying for anesthesia in 2005.

t
Your Step I score is a "two-point score", not a percentage. Make note of this now because some PDs apparently will slam you for making this assumption considering a lack of attention to detail.

Otherwise, I don't know what the chances are myself as I'm pretty much in the same boat as yourself.

-Skip

gaslady

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Feb 2, 2003
North Carolina
Visit site
Status
i know this past year anesthesia was relatively easier to get than the previous years and was wondering my chances were, and or if it was worht applying for anesthesia in 2005.
Actually anesthesia was not relatively easier to get into this year than previous years. It was easier to get into a few years ago than it is now.

About the Ads

docmojo

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2003
Michigan
Visit site
Status
Attending Physician
The anesthesiology residency game is competitive. You will need a step 2 score at or near the 90's. You will also need great LOR's. Work on your personal statements. They will help some. PM me if you want constructive criticism. Your low 80's score on Step 1 will need an explanation. Good luck!

About the Ads