You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
FMG USMLE scores
Started by SeamusMcFly
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
SeamusMcFly said:I have 199 in USMLE step 1 what is my chances of getting a residency in path?What is the cutoff for competitive places like UPenn?........Does it help if you are Irish?
Have you ever seen The Boondock Saints?
No.What is that?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
SeamusMcFly said:No.What is that?
Dude thats the test. If you havent seen The Boondock Saints youre not really Irish, nice try.
It was a low budget Indie film produced around 5 years ago that was banned from theatres. Consider by many to be one of the greatest films ever made.
CONNOR: Now you will receive us!
MURPHY: We do not ask for your poor, or your hungry
CONNOR: We do not want your tired or sick
MURPHY: It is your corrupt we claim
CONNOR: It is your evil that will be sought by us
MURPHY: With every breath, we shall hunt them down
CONNOR: Each day, we will spill their blood, 'till it rains down from the skies!
MURPHY: Do not kill, do not rape, do not steal. These are principles which every man, of every faith can embrace.
CONNOR: These are not polite suggestions. These are codes of behaviour. And those of you that ignore them will pay the dearest cost.
MURPHY: There are varying degrees of evil. We urge your lesser forms of filth not to push the bounds and cross over - into true corruption, into our domain.
CONNOR: But, if you do, one day you will look behind you, and you will see we three. And on that day, you will reap it!
MURPHY: And we will send you to whatever God you wish.
I must keep an eye out for that one,looks like a great flick.Anyways I am off for a pint in Hartigans-100 leeson st,100% fun
Rocco: I'll tip her!
LADoc00 said:Dude thats the test. If you havent seen The Boondock Saints youre not really Irish, nice try.
![]()
It was a low budget Indie film produced around 5 years ago that was banned from theatres. Consider by many to be one of the greatest films ever made.
Dude...that movie was the bomb!
SeamusMcFly said:I have 199 in USMLE step 1 what is my chances of getting a residency in path?What is the cutoff for competitive places like UPenn?........Does it help if you are Irish?
Let's just say if you received a 99 on both Step I and Step II...it would be nothing special! It's all networking, bro. Rotate @ the place you want to do your residency and use your social skills. A FMG on paper without a face is dangerous (be it a 199 or a 299 on Step I)...it's essential to show 'em you can speak english!
This is just a guess.. but probably from Ireland he can muster some phrases in English.Harbster said:.it's essential to show 'em you can speak english!
Unless he's from the northern coast and only speaks gaelic.
B
b&ierstiefel
Harbster's English worsens exponentially after about the 8th Guinness (or Blue Moon).
Harbster said:it's essential to show 'em you can speak english!
Now i wonder how would one go about doing THAT??????
AndyMilonakis said:Harbster's English worsens exponentially after about the 8th Guinness (or Blue Moon).
As long as I beat your a$$ in pool...hell with the english!

B
b&ierstiefel
you were lucky those last 3 games. just remember that i showed you who's yer daddy in the first 2 games before I got my drink on. 😉Harbster said:As long as I beat your a$$ in pool...hell with the english!![]()
Harbster said:Dude...that movie was the bomb!
I have saw the boondock saints and I must say offers a realistic viewpoint on being Irish.Great film.Poor Ron Jeremy.
As for the gaelic-I am from the northern coast and cannot speak it.Hardly anyone does
SeamusMcFly said:As for the gaelic-I am from the northern coast and cannot speak it.Hardly anyone does
On the other hand the little town where my grandparents vaccationed no one spoke English, and trying to figure out where the pub was proved to be quite difficult when all you know is how to bless yourself and say kiss my ass.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Megalofyia said:On the other hand the little town where my grandparents vaccationed no one spoke English, and trying to figure out where the pub was proved to be quite difficult when all you know is how to bless yourself and say kiss my ass.
They love a bit of inbreeding in those places and only tourists ever go there.There is one place i know of where half the town has the same surname
They love a bit of inbreeding in those places and only tourists ever go there.There is one place i know of where half the town has the same surname.
You seem kind of bitter about this.SeamusMcFly said:They love a bit of inbreeding in those places and only tourists ever go there.There is one place i know of where half the town has the same surname.
I dont know where your going but this place wouldnt' be the height of a touristy place. My grandparents had a caravan there for that very reason, to get away from people. Also, my grandparents knew gaelic well so it wasn't an issue for them to go.
Megalofyia said:You seem kind of bitter about this.
I dont know where your going but this place wouldnt' be the height of a touristy place. My grandparents had a caravan there for that very reason, to get away from people. Also, my grandparents knew gaelic well so it wasn't an issue for them to go.
Just telling it as it is.
Where did you go to medical school Seamus? I have a friend from outside of Larne who did medical school at University of Edinburgh and was looking into doing residency in medicine here. He said that the British medical system is generally well respected by residency directors, and I assume that would include Irish schools as well. I can't give you any more specifics because he decided to stay in Scotland, but he was definitely encouraged to apply.
AnnaLee said:Where did you go to medical school Seamus? I have a friend from outside of Larne who did medical school at University of Edinburgh and was looking into doing residency in medicine here. He said that the British medical system is generally well respected by residency directors, and I assume that would include Irish schools as well. I can't give you any more specifics because he decided to stay in Scotland, but he was definitely encouraged to apply.
Thanks for that.University College Dublin is the place.Residency directors in Boston tend to look favorably on the irish but othe than that i dont know.
From what I keep hearing is that matching in pathology isn't that hard, because there are so many programs out there. However, everyone is telling me that matching into the big name places: MGH, BWH, Hopkins, etc... is now very difficult for US grads, let alone IMGs.SeamusMcFly said:Thanks for that.University College Dublin is the place.Residency directors in Boston tend to look favorably on the irish but othe than that i dont know.