Food poisoning from pizza?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

megkudos

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it possible to get food poisoning from pizza? I had 3 sllices last night and have been sick ever since. Is it possible eating 3 pieces which is more than I normally eat made me sick just because it was too much? And what can I do to make myslef feel better? I've been taking pepto and sleeping and I still feel like crap. Thanks guys :)

Members don't see this ad.

•••quote:•••Originally posted by megkudos:
•Is it possible to get food poisoning from pizza? I had 3 sllices last night and have been sick ever since. Is it possible eating 3 pieces which is more than I normally eat made me sick just because it was too much? And what can I do to make myslef feel better? I've been taking pepto and sleeping and I still feel like crap. Thanks guys :) •••••If the dough was undercooked, your body may not be used to that much yeast in the system. The sauce could have been outdated as well as the cheese :( I had salmonella two years ago and it's not fun. Hope you feel better Meg.

Maybe your lactose intolerant. A lot of people don't become lactose intolerant until they reach their 20s.

Members don't see this ad :)
(this is K's mom, not ewells)
Yep. It has happened to me twice in the past few years. (Unlucky I guess!) Not exactly sure what it was; the dough can be undercooked (eggs in there), bad meat, or vegetables, etc.. can come in contact with chicken juice and/or other meat or egg products at the delivery place or restaurant.
Sorry! It usually takes me a few months to even go near the offending food again. Feel better.

Sorry to hear of your food poisoning...good way to tell if it was indeed bad food or viral gastroenteritis is timing. Typically 8-18 hour window between food ingestion and symptoms (micro med tech backround) for salmonellosis. Plus, you should be feeling much better by now if it was food poisoning. Hope you do.

Thanks so much for your support guys...so it's what, 4 days later now, my stomach is still kinda upset but not as bad I wish it would go away totally......go figure.....well at least I'm not hugging the bowl anymore:)

Anyone who has done their peds rotation can probably tell you that it isn't uncommon for a big pizza dinner to do that. No one can be exactly sure why; no doctor you go to will tell you why. However, it does happen. Most likely due to the high oil load in one sitting.