For all the rejects

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks a lot Folks....I was really touched by all your words..
I don't know when I'll hear from CWRU and I don't think I'll get through.Its a space based program and all the people who were invited for the bench test were very much interested in joining...
I am really wondering about what schools want...
Its a sad story

Members don't see this ad.

nbde part 1: 85
TOEFL:260
gpa:2.68
got a reject from BU.
No interview call from NYU ,Upenn.
:oops:

hi lebelle,
could u post ur stats on this thread for the rest of us. i don't mean to be offensive but it would help a lot.

thanx
lasjy

Members don't see this ad :)
HI all,
It is truly shocking to see that so many of the SDN members with such good scores are still waiting to get in the school of their choice. I got part 1 scores of 84 and was really depressed when I originally received my scores.
I knew that most schools look for at least 85% and being on the borderline really hurt. I have been thinking why don't we start a thread with methods of preparation for all those who are reappearing for NB part 1

Originally posted by sam3
Meggs : I like this new verb :) .

Isn't it cool? Google is the best thing for me after SDN. I wish more people will learn how to use it too.

Originally posted by meggs
Isn't it cool? Google is the best thing for me after SDN. I wish more people will learn how to use it too.

I second that, I'm a googleholic!! Its the best search engine ever!! Its the most amazingly vast source of information,for just about anything under the sun. Its free and its easy to use:)

Hi Pinktooth,
How r u? U dont worry about this results. As u r a very prosperous candidtae to get the admission, but sometimes thing wont workout. Lets wait and see whether both colleges (CWRU, BU) will send u an acceptance letter.
I wish you all the best

Indiandentist:clap: :clap: :clap:

hi is anybody planning to retake part one?i plan to take the comp. based part one in june .....

hi dds fight................

dont worry ..........and by the way congrats for ur admission to nyu.......and all the best for ur other results.

Hi Pinktooth,
Don't worry you shall soon hear something good.Keep the faith.All that happens is for Good.You have good stats and that is what will get you through. I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you.
Good luck and God bless!

Hi Guys

I got rejection letter from BU without an interview call.Waiting to get from CREIGHTON(since its a space based).

My status:
part 1-92, TOEFL- 243, GPA- 4.0

Rejection may be because of my TOEFL score(BU requires min 250, and my l...........ate application .

Originally posted by dhee
Hi Guys

I got rejection letter from BU without an interview call.Waiting to get from CREIGHTON(since its a space based).

My status:
part 1-92, TOEFL- 243, GPA- 4.0

Rejection may be because of my TOEFL score(BU requires min 250, and my l...........ate application .
hey dhee, all the best for ur marquette interview.
sorry to hear abt bu,but whn did u apply?
creighton doesnt seem to haveany seats this yr. did u call thm?

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi all,
It's so scary seeing ppl with good stats also getting rejected.
Hope n pray that All of u get into schools soon
hey pinktooth,
don't worry buddy...u'll definitely get into school this year.our prayers are with you.
hi dhee,
sorry abt BU...but late in the sense can you plz tell us when did u apply approx..!?
Good luck for your Creighton interview

hey ratson,
would you mind posting additonal stats and colleges applied to on this thread

thanx
Dr. Jos

Thanks Wiztooth,Indiandentist and elementz for your wishes...

hey lasjy,
my other scores were:
toefl 263
gpa 3.69
I had applied to BU,UOP,Upenn and Nova .I heard from UOP but unfortunately my interview was in March and they filled up their seats in the Dec interview. So I thought of improving my part 1 scores.

hey everyone,
thanks to all those who featured their stats here. i wish then all the best for their future endevours. to all those who have not yet listed ......keep them coming

lasjy

this is horrible. seems like you need a 9 in the front of your score to be looked at!!!

too many high scores does this. jeez, FMG's have it easier. just pass usmle's and get a residency. tough competition, now they're asking for experience?!!?? thats what im trying to get in for.

(step 1 in july)

anyways.... do you guys think taking step 2 will affect the outcome??? since they dont have you as a potential risk for step 2?

i want a 2 year program, but from the looks of it,.... i'll take anything!

hey chompers,

thanx a lot.

lasjy

Hi Anno3

I applied to boston only on Feb 25 th,I waited so long for my TOEFL results,since it was mentioned to include a photocopy of TOEFL mark sheet with the application.

I attended Marquette Interview on 31st,i would like to post the Questions and others in a separate thread.But i didnt get a call from them till now,they said they'll let me know the results in a week.so i think i can now include marquette too in my rejection list.:mad:

Originally posted by Chompers
this is horrible. seems like you need a 9 in the front of your score to be looked at!!!

too many high scores does this. jeez,

:laugh: :laugh: Take a look at the Princeton grade inflation thread. :laugh:

hi dhee,
among so many applicants you were atleast called for an interview in marquette thts great:clap:
so u didnt even get to interview in bu? whr else did u apply to?
i had applied to marquette and creighton, wht a waste of money+pissed+

Hi Ann,
Ya it really hurts when you realise how much money is wasted in 'ignorant' applications.....
The so called space based...........I wish they were more open regarding their selection criteria ,would save the candidates money and some cortisol secretions
comp26.gif

Hi Ann03 and Pinktooth

I agree with u guys.I applied to Boston, Marquette and Creighton.But i got rejection from Boston and Marquette.Creighton has no vacancy this year.

Atleast Marquette and Creighton has reasonable application fees.But i wasted 90$ to boston without even attending an interview.

pink tooth did u get anyletter frm boston?
btw , i luuuuuuuuuuuuuvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv all your smileys. they r cute.whr do u get thm?:)
u r leaving to india today right?bon voyage.
try to get some workexperience in india:)
dhee, did u graduate last year?why were u late in applying to the schools? i think only bu has such a expensive application fee in the east coast atleast.

Thanks Ann,
Yes I am leaving for Inida tomorrow and hope to get some work-ex.....
And I usually do a search on google.......found a smiley centre and thats where I get them from.....
For you
409.gif

:hardy:
:) pink tooth u r nearing 700 posts:wow: :D

thank u to all those who have posted here.

i wish pinktooth all the best.....i hope her letter comes soon.

:)

lasjy said:
thank u to all those who have posted here.

i wish pinktooth all the best.....i hope her letter comes soon.

:)
i wish her the same...............

Me too... Good luck Pinktooth. :) She really goes out of her way to help.

Hi Pinktooth,
Guess you are back in 'Mera Bharath Mahan'(For the non Indians..that means India).Don't worry about your BU results..you have an excellent chance of getting accepted..The very fact that you have'nt heard from them yet 'could' very wel mean that you might get accepted.If they had to regret you..you would have hear from them sooner.Keep the faith and go to GOA! :D You need to relax and party hard before you start school this fall! :D

Hi all ,
I got 89 in part1 this dec. got a rejected from BU( late application i guess).
I will be applying for the next yr again..
I will try and get some exprience/ observership to add to my application this yr.
I was also wondering about writing Part2.. however I am confused about wether my Part1 scores will be good enough for this yr as scores seem to be improving every yr..

can somebody advice on what would be better... and also how to improve my profile...
My stats
Part1 - 89
GPA - 2.72
Toefl - full

Additional qualification - MS in comp science ( working in software for the last 4 yrs.. )

wow oral, u mean u r a dentist. u did ur masters in computer science and were working in the software field in the us? for 4 yrs??????? :wow: wht made u come back :confused:
ur scores r good. i think u should go for ur part2 and try for schools like penn were they appreciate diversity.
just my opinion.

Ya Ann , I am a dentist.. or was .. have been working in the US for 4 yrs..
would doing anything in particular ( apart from observership ) help to show my intrest in coming back to dentistry.. ?
I was bored with dentistry.. now im bored with software.. and in the long run... dentistry looks like a better bet...

ora1234 said:
would doing anything in particular ( apart from observership ) help to show my intrest in coming back to dentistry.. ?
I was bored with dentistry.. now im bored with software.. and in the long run... dentistry looks like a better bet...

Good for u :)
I would suggest go for part 2 :thumbup:
all the best!

hey people,
looks like next year we will be singled out by ora1234 an MS in computer science for ur admission into BU

:laugh: :laugh:

including me :smuggrin: of course

best of luck to u and thanx for posting ur stats

hey guys

i just saw this thread. all the best for the next appli cycle guys! its such a rat race!

chompers, its not easy any more for the FMGs either. everyone gets in 90s in USMLE too- they need 99s to get into great programs !!!

pinktooth have u heard from BU yet?

all the best guys....dont lose motivation or hope....

"When you get to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on."
Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs."
Malcolm Forbes

"Success seems to be largely a matter of hanging on after others have let go."
William Feather

"Just remember--when you think all is lost, the future remains."
Bob Goddard

hey toothmail,

those quotes r NICE !! :)
thanx pal,

smiledentist

Hi ora1234

U have good Scores,Keep going.u can try part 2.All the best for u r admission next year.
wow! u have MS in computers too.How did u manage to work in that for 4 years in US after having u r dental degree.keep that up pal. :cool:

ora1234 said:
i think if u have a very good explaination in ur sop as to why u left dentistry and wht made u come back, thn ur ms and experience in the software field , will be a major advantage to u. :)
all the best.buddy

Thanks everybody for the responses... i think il go ahead and take part2...
i have the part2 decks.. what other material should i look at ??

hey people,
looks like this thread seemed like a good idea. i am still amazed by the response it got and the number of views

:p

lasjy

Hi buddy,
ofcourse its a good idea.
We see why many people with good scores r being rejected, their experiences,suggestions and future plans.

sree.

Thanks Lasjy,Meetlfe and Ann for your best wishes :)
As far as nearing 700 posts is concerned now until I post 300 more posts I will be in the same category as 1 person with 101 posts......I lost my seniority :(

Thanks for the compliments sree

hey meetlife!!!

where r u ?
long time since we've seen her around????

lasjy

Hi Dentaldoc ,Pinkpeanuts and toothmail...
Thanks for your best wishes.....
This new SDN pattern is getting me confused :confused:

lasjy said:
Thanks for the compliments sree

hey meetlife!!!

where r u ?
long time since we've seen her around????

lasjy
hi lasjy......thanks for missing me..... :laugh: ...i did the disappering act just to see if u miss me...... :laugh: :laugh: .....
will get in touch with u soon......
how r u studying......need ur help to fill the form........will see ya or call u soon........have not sent for ece yet so worried.........all the best.......

toothmail said:
"Diamonds are nothing more than chunks of coal that stuck to their jobs."
Malcolm Forbes

Well said...Great quotes toothmail.