For anyone who has had BIG labs....

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
The conclusion is great!

This is how they treat undergrads around here: they give you broken tools and then don't understand why you don't get any results.

ROFL! I HATED research after my ugrad Biology and Chemistry labs for that reason!

Going into physics was the biggest mistake of my life. I should've declared CS. I still wouldn't have any women, but at least I'd be rolling in cash.

I think he should've declared pre-med ;) At least then he'd have a job when he got done med school!

Members don't see this ad :)
I drew an exponential through my noise. I believe the apparent legitimacy is enhanced by the fact that I used a complicated computer program to make the fit.

fittedHall.gif

:laugh: :laugh:

Check this **** out (Fig. 1). That's bonafide, 100%-real data, my friends.
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

I like how on his resume (found on his homepage), that he listed "Electron Band Structure In Germanium, My Ass" as one of his publications.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to solder wires to germanium? I'll tell you: real godd*mn hard.
:laugh: I crack up every time I read that line, and it's been many times.

OMG!!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

This is so funny, made all the more so by the painful reality conveyed in the author's dry wit. This "report" should be required reading for all premeds, who have survived a minimum of two semesters of lab courses in each of the prereq sciences, as it provides healthful endorphins through laughter during the similarly frustrating/perplexing/random-a$$ application process.

I was not a science major and trust me, you don't have to be one or have worked on long duration research projects to appreciate this comedy of errors. This sort of thing occurs daily in every undergrad science lab. It's just more excruciating when the torture is prolonged over weeks or months.

Thank you for posting this link! I can't wait to send this to my former physics prof.

tharealest said:
I like how on his resume (found on his homepage), that he listed "Electron Band Structure In Germanium, My Ass" as one of his publications.

lol. how did you find the homepage? can you list the link?