for NYCPM only

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

krabmas

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hi all you NYCPMers.

I just finished my 3rd year - yeah me.

ha ha ha ha :laugh:

anyone else from NYCPM out there?

Members don't see this ad.

hi I am out here too, but I will not be a NYCPM student for long.

I have finally made the decision to jump ship to DMU.

when are you leaving? and are you actually leaving?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yeah. I saw her on campus yesterday. I'm pretty excited to see that you decided to join a winning team

krabmas said:
hi all you NYCPMers.

I just finished my 3rd year - yeah me.

ha ha ha ha :laugh:

anyone else from NYCPM out there?

I'm here from NYCPM...Are you really going to jump ship in your fourth year? How does that work?

Big_Lebowski said:
I'm here from NYCPM...Are you really going to jump ship in your fourth year? How does that work?

Yeah really, how does that work?
Do you mean that you are going to do your fourth year externship at one of the DMU affiliated hospitals? Is it only possible for your to jump ship your fourth year?......interesting

That whole post was a joke.

I was starting a NYCPM thread like DMU has but thought it would be funny if I just posted to myself since it is me, myself and I and sometimes another NYCPMer.

No I am not really leaving NYCPM. I do not think it is possible to transfer in the 4th year.

The best time is between 2nd and 3rd years since everyone is close to the same point in the ed process by then.

krabmas said:
That whole post was a joke.

I was starting a NYCPM thread like DMU has but thought it would be funny if I just posted to myself since it is me, myself and I and sometimes another NYCPMer.

No I am not really leaving NYCPM. I do not think it is possible to transfer in the 4th year.

The best time is between 2nd and 3rd years since everyone is close to the same point in the ed process by then.

:laugh:
Well now that you know I am the most gullable person on the face of the earth, I can kinda see your point. ;)

That worked like a charm. I'm on the same wave length as Krabs

HI ALL,

I actually start in september (fall 06) @ NYCPM and I had a couple of questions...

The only thing I have received from NYCPM thus far is just the financial aid packet which I have completed for my loans and stuff..

but I had a question: I noticed that we have to provide the school with immunization records and physical exam including TB skin test.. Is that true? how does that work? do I have to wait for the school to send me something? I am just confused will you guys help...

let me know what the process is.. .it is greatly appreciated..

thanks a head of time..

Hi:
I need some help regarding my interview process. I applied at NYCPM, Temple, Barry and California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt College. So far I have received three interview’s. I have an interview at Barry on 20th of july and at California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt College on 7th of july and also at Temple on 14th of July. I graduated with computer science and economics degree and my MCAT is 17 M and have Accumulative GPA average of 2.88 with science gpa of 3.1.
I have also worked at hospital for 2 years and right now I work as a business analyst. All my life I have been an independent student and worked full time while I was in school. Please do tell me if you can how and what should I do in interview. Please do tell me what they are looking out of me. IF you can give please give me some tips so I can get an admission.
:love:

Mr_Bihari said:
Hi:
I need some help regarding my interview process. I applied at NYCPM, Temple, Barry and California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt College. So far I have received three interview’s. I have an interview at Barry on 20th of july and at California School of Podiatric Medicine at Samuel Merritt College on 7th of july and also at Temple on 14th of July. I graduated with computer science and economics degree and my MCAT is 17 M and have Accumulative GPA average of 2.88 with science gpa of 3.1.
I have also worked at hospital for 2 years and right now I work as a business analyst. All my life I have been an independent student and worked full time while I was in school. Please do tell me if you can how and what should I do in interview. Please do tell me what they are looking out of me. IF you can give please give me some tips so I can get an admission.
:love:

my advice is to study and retake the MCATs. If I was interviewing you my first question would be - why do you think your MCAT score is below the average?

then I would question what makes you think you could hack it in pod school with not a huge background in science and a low MCAT score?

If a school accepts you, you should find out what the attrition (sp?) rate is b/c I would wonder if they were just looking at me as a tuition deposit for the first year to only fail out.

well my advice is that you may be accepted to a school but with a condition to perhaps to retake your MCAT to try to at least score a 21 or better. Eventhough undergraduate GPA it is not a significant factor but it play a big part in acceptance. Its kinda like have one or the other (either the GPA or MCAT)..

Questions that they generally ask is:

Why Podiatry?

What is your weakness?

What is your strength?

Why should we accept you?

Why our school?

Explain your underperformance in your undergrad?

Explain your underperformance in doing the MCAT?

hope this helps...

Kamran

Members don't see this ad :)
Kamran654 said:
well my advice is that you may be accepted to a school but with a condition to perhaps to retake your MCAT to try to at least score a 21 or better. Eventhough undergraduate GPA it is not a significant factor but it play a big part in acceptance. Its kinda like have one or the other (either the GPA or MCAT)..

Questions that they generally ask is:

Why Podiatry?

What is your weakness?

What is your strength?

Why should we accept you?

Why our school?

Explain your underperformance in your undergrad?

Explain your underperformance in doing the MCAT?

hope this helps...

Kamran

so I guess you sucumbed to the pod schools mailings?

or did you eaves drop on a pod school interview?

No, actually those were some of the questions they drilled me with when I had my interview LOL...

is NYCMP a good school? any pointers? I've decided I want to go there. It's the only school who now has Phi Theta Kappa.

is NYCMP a good school? any pointers? I've decided I want to go there. It's the only school who now has Phi Theta Kappa.

It's NYCPM. Personally, I would not pick a pod school just because it has a certain honor society...but that's just me.

Phi Theta Kappa is the honor society for junior colleges. Are you thinking of Pi Delta?

Hey barkmas,

I'm on here now too. LL asked me to sign up...haha. Hope all is well at INOVA....nice that nave will be with you.

odoihcnerraw

Hey barkmas,

I'm on here now too. LL asked me to sign up...haha. Hope all is well at INOVA....nice that nave will be with you.

odoihcnerraw

I had a feeling that was you.

Who is your co-resident at UMDNJ?

I hope that was your first choice and you are happy that you matched there.

Tell varaug I said hi.

is NYCMP a good school? any pointers? I've decided I want to go there. It's the only school who now has Phi Theta Kappa.[/QUOTE

I heard that NYCPM has the lowest standards of acceptance. Is this true?

is NYCMP a good school? any pointers? I've decided I want to go there. It's the only school who now has Phi Theta Kappa.[/QUOTE

I heard that NYCPM has the lowest standards of acceptance. Is this true?

Most people would agree that Barry U has the lowest admission standards. NYCPM is tougher to get in than Barry but its not in the range of Scholl, DMU, AZPOD.

Yep, its me.

I am happy about UMDNJ and it was my first choice. My co-resident is tak and I will be sure to tell him that you said hello. Talk to you later.

Most people would agree that the topic of admissions standards is boring and longwinded. If you get in anywhere, congrats! Good luck staying in, passing boards, and getting the residency that you want. Those are the tougher parts of this whole process.

Most people would agree that the topic of admissions standards is boring and longwinded. If you get in anywhere, congrats! Good luck staying in, passing boards, and getting the residency that you want. Those are the tougher parts of this whole process.
:thumbup: