For Ontario Applicants...plz help

Started by mac_kin
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

mac_kin

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I need some help with the referee part. From the OMSAS webpage:

The Confidential Assessment Forms should be received by October 2, 2006. Although failure to meet this deadline does not invalidate your application, Confidential Assessment Forms are required in order for the medical schools to evaluate your file.


So what exactly happens if the letters are late?? Are my chances of getting in reduced? Or will they just wait for my letters and still give me a fair assessment??
 
I need some help with the referee part. From the OMSAS webpage:

The Confidential Assessment Forms should be received by October 2, 2006. Although failure to meet this deadline does not invalidate your application, Confidential Assessment Forms are required in order for the medical schools to evaluate your file.


So what exactly happens if the letters are late?? Are my chances of getting in reduced? Or will they just wait for my letters and still give me a fair assessment??

Ideally you want it to be in on time, however, if it happens to get in a little late, they will still accept it. I don't have any inside information, but I'd assume that if they arrived overly late (as in December or later) they may start to wonder, however, I don't know. I'd recommend going to www.premed101.com/forums to get more answers.
 
they have said that they will date the letter so the earlier the better, however they will not trow your application out if it is late, i agree that if it is too late then they may take great notice.
 
they have said that they will date the letter so the earlier the better, however they will not trow your application out if it is late, i agree that if it is too late then they may take great notice.