For the Guy that waited until today to start studying.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Brandon81081

OBGYN
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
:laugh: If you could give this guy ONE piece of advice...what would it be.

Members don't see this ad.

Brandon81081 said:

Don't show up on Saturday! :laugh: :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
.............that he's still in good shape..........give his best shots..........and get ready for another one lol

Brandon81081 said:

you'd still fair better than me, you rock, and hope you tear the $h!t apart and get a 45. believe it or not, friends that are TA's have told me of students that have just started preparing...

quadmanturbo said:
.............that he's still in good shape..........give his best shots..........and get ready for another one lol

That if he hits my diagnostic, he has a decent chance. (29)

The first time I took the MCAT I started 10 days before, which was semi adequate considering I studied 10 hours a day. That adds up to about 100 hours of studying for the exam.

It scan be done but not advised.

What ever you do do not FREAK OUT!!! It's only the most important test you will ever take, EVER! But remember to just stay calm and don't FREAK OUT! The worst thing you could do would be to PANIC when you are in the middle of the test. So, yea, basically don't PANIC! or FREAK OUT! Just remain calm and composed as you take the most IMPORTANT test of your life. Good Luck. :D

xx216xx said:
What ever you do do not FREAK OUT!!! It's only the most important test you will ever take, EVER! But remember to just stay calm and don't FREAK OUT! The worst thing you could do would be to PANIC when you are in the middle of the test. So, yea, basically don't PANIC! or FREAK OUT! Just remain calm and composed as you take the most IMPORTANT test of your life. Good Luck. :D

:p

I started about wednesday before the exam a couple years ago when I took it... with mixed results. You definitely won't hit your full potential, but you might just hit the magic number and that's all you will need

Members don't see this ad :)
xx216xx said:

Whoa, I started studying back in June but that post alone freaked me out.

xx216xx said:

Id be willing to say that the USMLE/COMLEX are the most important tests. Not the MCRAP.

Buckeye(OH) said:
Id be willing to say that the USMLE/COMLEX are the most important tests. Not the MCRAP.

Oh, sure, I can see that.

But, we have to "pass" this one first before we can ever HOPE to take those others.

Thus, for us, the MCAT is the most important test right now.

(Well, not me personally. I'm not taking it yet!)

Buckeye(OH) said:

Well the post was overexaggerated for effect, I don't really think it's the most important test anyone will ever take. But unfortunantly many think of it in that sense when it needn't be, because all it ends up doing is scaring them and causing them to not do as well as they could.

I dont know about you....but it's the most important thing for me right now. Im trying to take one step at a time. I agree about the fear affecting mcat score, thats gonna be a major problem for me..AGAIN

If you are referring to:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=4022470&postcount=9

I took it a couple years ago and got a 30. Apparently that wasn't good enough, but we'll see.

BTW, I took Princeton Review that year. My strategy was as follows:
Friday Night: get drunk
Saturday: Wake up @ 9:00, run to the practice test, arrive late, take 30 minute nap, finish physical science, go to the bathroom and puke, complete test.

timisdaman said:
BTW, I took Princeton Review that year. My strategy was as follows:
Friday Night: get drunk
Saturday: Wake up @ 9:00, run to the practice test, arrive late, take 30 minute nap, finish physical science, go to the bathroom and puke, complete test.

i'm impressed :p

Psycho Doctor said:
:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: great advice!! :thumbup:

What are you guys talking about he will be fine......come on.....and sit across the room from me so maybe we get the same version of the test :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: :smuggrin: